PlayXBLA's Weekend Challenge

Wrong

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
PlayXBLA.com has a weekly challenge every weekend where if you get certain achievements and submit your gamertag to [email protected], you will be put into a sweepstakes to win three XBLA codes. This thread is meant not only to list the achievements, but also provide a forum for players to come together and help each other accomplish each one.

August 10-13 2012 -NOTE: This week is only awarding five winners.
NEED: 12 OF 15 *MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE ACHIEVEMENT FROM EACH GAME*

Hybrid

-NrnJQ==.jpg
Power House -10
gp-g.png

Achieve 15 kills in a single Match
5-55yIw=.jpg
Snappy Dresser -10
gp-g.png

Equip a different helmet for your character
5-rVdWw=.jpg
Pineapple Surprise -20
gp-g.png

Achieve 3 kills at once using a single Grenade
5-kcz+g=.jpg
Mission Accomplished - 10
gp-g.png

Section 8: Prejudice

5-5--Z8=.jpg
Duck Hunt - 5
gp-g.png

Kill 10 enemies with the Deployable AA Turret
5-yLKB4=.jpg
Spice of Life - 10
gp-g.png

Kill an enemy with each weapon type
5-+sPBA=.jpg
‘Til It Goes Click -5
gp-g.png

Kill 3 enemies in a row with the Machine Gun without reloading
-BMZ-A==.jpg
Mission Accomplished 2.0 - 10
gp-g.png

Complete the Campaign on any difficulty

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

UPvy-gk=.jpg
Perseverance - 15
gp-g.png

Complete Challenge Level 2 in every Minigame.
+-o-eA==.jpg
A Job Well Done - 5
gp-g.png

Earn a Platinum medal.
+4Ujnw==.jpg
Concentrated Fire - 15
gp-g.png

Destroy an IFV before it unloads any units.
-8cw9Q==.jpg
Brute Force - 10
gp-g.png

Destroy a turret with a Heavy Tank.

Alan's Wake: American Nightmare

-v7VyQ==.jpg
Escape! - 10
gp-g.png

Escape the Taken to the motel.
UP3ZOJ4=.jpg
Glorious Dawn - 10
gp-g.png

Survive until dawn in any Arcade Mode level.
UP4Yybg=.jpg
Cool It - 20
gp-g.png

Make sure Dr. Meadows can take another look at the skies.
-N-cfA==.jpg
Rewrite -10
gp-g.png

Rewrite reality for the first time.

REWARD: Winner's choice of any three Microsoft Studios XBLA codes.

FAQ
How many people win?
As many people that finish the challenge.

I finished, when can I expect the codes?
The codes should be handed out Monday afternoon, but have been known to be delayed a bit. If you don't get your codes by Tuesday, send an email to [email protected]

How can I expect to receive my codes?
Codes were previously sent by email, but now are being sent via message to the gamertag that finished the challenge.

Why is the challenge so ridiculously hard?
It is called a challenge for a reason.

The games required are so expensive.
You can sometimes get cheaper copies in the Trading Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Past Challenges

August 3-6 2012 -NOTE: This week is only awarding five winners.
NEED: 12 OF 15 *MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE ACHIEVEMENT FROM EACH GAME*

Wreckateer

Once More With Feeling - Used 50 Mulligans
Quick Study - Earned your first medal
Good Start - Earned at least a Bronze Medal on 20 levels
Crack Shot! - Earned 5 Bonus Icons in a single shot

Trials Evolution

No Problemo - Pass the D License Test and get your first bike.
The Editor’s Apprentice - Create a track of your own that has at least three path points, then test drive it.
Community Spirit - Post a time on another player’s custom created track.
Extreme Prejudice - Complete any Extreme track.

Full House Poker

Big Dog - Win a tournament.
Ding! Grats! - Level up to 2.
Took Down a Pro -Win a Pro Takedown.
I Hate ATM Fees - Play 50 hands in a row without taking a cash advance.

Limbo

Wrong Way - That’s not right
Altitude is attitude - Exploration off the ground
Urban Exploration - Involves heavy lifting

REWARD: Deadlight + Spelunky + Dungeon Fighter Live
July 27 -30 2012 -NOTE: This week is only awarding five winners.
NEED: 10 OF 20

Bloodforge

5-xdCCs=.jpg
Hail to the King baby! - 15
gp-g.png

Complete all challenge arenas
5-zE8eQ=.jpg
Killing the one trick pony - 15
gp-g.png

Use 5 different attack moves during an enemy encounter
-+G-Wg==.jpg
Guts And Glory - 5
gp-g.png

Destroyed 10 deadly warriors of the gods
-SZTxw==.jpg
Shadow Blade - 20
gp-g.png

Kill the messenger
5-tHE6g=.jpg
Web of death - 10
gp-g.png

Perform a 75-hit combination attack

Alan Wake: American Nightmare

UP-4MSs=.jpg
Happy Ending - 25
gp-g.png

Rewrite reality for the last time.
UPu6IkE=.jpg
Split Splat! - 15
gp-g.png

Take out two Splitter spawns with a single shot.
UP4Yybg=.jpg
Cool It - 20
gp-g.png

Make sure Dr. Meadows can take another look at the skies.
UP3ZOJ4=.jpg
Glorious Dawn - 10
gp-g.png

Survive until dawn in any Arcade Mode level.
UPl9ztw=.jpg
Pile ‘Em High - 20
gp-g.png

Defeat 2,000 Taken.

Radiant Silvergun

-L9uCA==.jpg
Hyper Sword - 5
gp-g.png

Use Hyper Sword
+ftg2Q==.jpg
Weapon Master - 20
gp-g.png

Get three weapons to maximum level
-V+Wmw==.jpg
MERRY - 5
gp-g.png

Find hidden bonus
+R2F8Q==.jpg
Complete Breakdown - 10
gp-g.png

Destroy a boss with 100% destruction
+BuYSg==.jpg
Max Chain - 20
gp-g.png

Get 100,000 points by chain bonus

Torchlight

-OxTnQ==.jpg
Enchanted - 20
gp-g.png

Successfully enchant one item 5 times
-JNPeg==.jpg
Big and Green and Dead All Over - 10
gp-g.png

Defeat Krag
-lSj5w==.jpg
Tree Hugger - 10
gp-g.png

Defeat the Root Golem
+-ZIHg==.jpg
Fetch a Fair Price - 10
gp-g.png

Send your pet to town
+De5OA==.jpg
Superstar - 30
gp-g.png

Achieve maximum fame

REWARD: Wreckateer + Minecraft +Full House Poker

July 20 -23 2012 - OVER
NEED: 7 OF 9

Uno

• UNO Shark - Win ten 4-player games of UNO®, in any mode, on Xbox Live.
  • Wild Abandon - Go out with a Wild or Wild Draw Four card.
  • Devotee - Win 40 games of UNO®.

Eets: Chowdown

• Puzzle Collector - Collect every Puzzle Piece!
  • Twenty Ninja Skillz - Solve 20 Puzzles with 3 or more items left in the Item Box.
  • Speed Demon - Complete every puzzle within Par Time.

Cloning Clyde

• Master of all Clyde-Dumb - Win the game!
  • King Clyde - Complete all of the Challenge Levels.
  • Killer Kudos - Collect 100 of the cloned Killer Kenn Action Figures.

REWARD: Trials Evolution + Minecraft Skins 01 DLC
July 13 -16 2012 - OVER
NEED: 7 OF 9

Iron Brigade

• Medal of Honor - Earned a Gold Medal on every mission.
  • Battle Buds - Completed 10 Missions with 2 or more players.
  • Silver Star - Earned a Silver Medal on every mission.

Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre

• I am a blacksmith - Yep, you’ve got a knack for crafting.
  • Double the damage - That dungeon didn’t stand a chance against your online party.
  • Ultimate Dungeon Fighter - You’ve climbed the dungeon ladder to level 20. Monsters should quake in your sight.

The Maw

• Six Meals a Day - Play during Maw’s six meal times: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dunch, Dinner, and Midnight Feast.
  • Little Planet of Horrors - Get 100% Eaten in each level.
  • You’re totally MAWESOME! - Complete the entire game.

REWARD: Spelunky and Magic 2013

Past Prizes

August 3-6: Spelunky + Deadlight +Dungeon Fighter Live
July 27-30: Wreckateer + Minecraft +Full House Poker
July 20-23: Trials Evolution + Minecraft Skins 01 DLC
July 13-16: Spelunky + Magic 2013
July 6-9:
June 29-July 1: Trials Evolution + Avengers Pinball FX2 DLC
June 22-25: Sine Mora + Haunt + Alan Wake American Nightmare
June 15-18: ??
June 8-11:
June 1-4

Excellent Thread.

Completed the challenge for the first time this week! Got all 3 from Dungeon Fighter, already had all 3 from the Maw and the "Silver Star" one from Iron Brigade. I must say getting to level 20 in Dungeon Fighter was quite the grind...

Thanks Wrong for taking the initiative in creating a thread.

This is the first time I tried to do one of these, and I had no idea about the amount of time required to attain this week's (11) choice achievements. It's likely the result of me being bad at games, yet I do enjoy them. I got most of The Maw and Dungeon Fighter's choice achievements done. Iron Brigade, I just learned is the tough one. I just started and I am in need of help.

Shit! I thought you needed to complete alll the challenges, I gave up yesterday when I couldn't get into a multiplayer match in Iron Brigade. Hmmm.....I wonder if I can do 7 of these in 22 hours lol.

How long does the Maw take to finish? I haven't even bought that one.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Shit! I thought you needed to complete alll the challenges, I gave up yesterday when I couldn't get into a multiplayer match in Iron Brigade. Hmmm.....I wonder if I can do 7 of these in 22 hours lol.

How long does the Maw take to finish? I haven't even bought that one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is 7 of 9, meaning the weekend challenge typically involves buying the new XBLA release of the week. I was tackling the challenges 1 game a day, and I chose today, Sunday, for Iron Brigade. The Maw I'd say for a good player (namely not me) should take about 4 hours; it is a linear game ideal for the kiddies, but the game can drag a bit at parts (you know what to do, but to execute takes a bit longer because of movement speed/waiting on Maw).

Wow, I would never try this unless I had a majority of the games already completed. I had all 3 Maw and 1 Iron Brigade and I was still worried I wouldn't make it.

[quote name='Crono-00']Yeah it is 7 of 9, meaning the weekend challenge typically involves buying the new XBLA release of the week. I was tackling the challenges 1 game a day, and I chose today, Sunday, for Iron Brigade. The Maw I'd say for a good player (namely not me) should take about 4 hours; it is a linear game ideal for the kiddies, but the game can drag a bit at parts (you know what to do, but to execute takes a bit longer because of movement speed/waiting on Maw).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I can finish it in 5 hours at least. No, back to the grinding in Iron Brigade!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']
How long does the Maw take to finish? I haven't even bought that one.[/QUOTE]

I played it sparingly yesterday; it did not take too long to complete. Maw was a fun game though.

For the time one, just change your time zone. You need to play at 12AM 8 AM 10 AM 12PM 6PM and 8PM. You have about a 20 minute window at the top of the hour to play.

if anyone needs help with Iron Brigade just send me a message. I helped a few people get all the gold medals yesterday.

gt: lordrex172

I've been following the Weekend Challenges for a little while now, but this was the first one I actually completed. Looking forward to seeing what the reward is, and this is a good topic idea!

I just got mine, I'm sure most of you got yours as well. The free games this week are Spelunky and Magic the Gathering 2013. I already own both (like I expected I would) but maybe I can get a few bucks out of them. :)

Wow spelunky and magic 2013, both games that I just got from trading. Bad luck on my part but two excellent games.

Wow, that's nice that they give some pretty recent games. I hope that Friday, it will be at least 2 games I have so I might buy the third one.

I am surprised not only did last Cheeve Challenge gave games I don't have, but ones I wanted! Equally surprising they are recent titles, because I expected them to dump Uno Rush and Joe Danger on me (and I have no interest in either). I do want to take the time to thank those here who helped out, because trying to do some of the achievements on my own was difficult.

Hopefully the next challenge I participate in will not be as time consuming. It was still fun, and I enjoyed finally getting some of my games out of my backlog. Thanks for the help again!

EDIT: and now it says my Spelunky code is already redeemed ... guess when I win, I still lose =( [and that was the one I valued more than the other]

Re-EDIT: situation resolved, I e-mailed about the issue and PlayXBLA sent me a new code ... They were speedy in response to the error ... I figure the situation was an uncommon mistake so you shouldn't worry about your codes

^That sucks bud, guess I should verify mine before I try to trade them. Not really getting any bites on them anyway, feel like I may be sitting on both of them for a while...

^Seems to be the general consensus. I think most the people who were very interested in it grabbed it right away (either through the trade thread or just off Xbox Live). Everyone else just seems content with waiting for a sale on it so they can use their MSP (which I understand, I've been sitting on 3000msp for probably 6 months, waiting for something good that I don't own to go on sale.)

Darn, this weekend's oldschool challenege does not involve much I have. I doubt the XBLA code given involves a certain oldschool XBLA title I've been wanting where some fighters puzzle it out in HD blocks. Well, good luck to those who attempt this weekend's challenge.

Games are:

Eets Chowdown
Uno
Cloning Clyde

I have all the achievements in Cloning Clyde, and one in Uno. I've been waiting on Eets to go on sale for a while, so I might as well pick it up now as all 3 of those achievements sound do-able (if not I can grind one more out on Uno).

The only game I have is Uno, and I've only got one of the three achievements on that one. Looks like I'll be sitting out this week. Good luck to those who try!

Yeah I have Uno on the compilation disc. Got Cloning Clyde from a previous sale.

Anyways, Eets sucks, I have no idea why I wanted this game. It's kind of just a glorified phone game. Luckily the achievements shouldn't take all that long, I've got about 75 levels left (out of 120).

Anyways, here's some help on the 20 Ninja Skillz achievement on Eets if anyone needs help:

http://www.achieve360points.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-34764.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/OniKenkyaku/videos?query=eets

I regret buying Eets, it's so boring it hurts. I finished 2 worlds and now I got lots more.

*Sigh*

I really hope Cloning Clyde is decent, I bought that game years ago and never got around to it. I already had two of the Uno Achievements and can't be bothered to get the 40 wins in a couple of days.

I was thinking about finishing Cloning Clyde, getting the two offline achievements for Uno from the compilation disc and buying Eets for two more achievements. I hope eets is not as bad as you guys are saying.

Eets is boring as hell, I beat about 40 levels by myself, then they started getting pretty tricky so I've just been using the solver.

Cloning Clyde is okay, I got pretty bored with that one by the end as well. It is a little dated, but holds up ok.

I'm out this weekend. Only have uno and I'm not paying full price for those two old games. Cloning Clyde looked cool and I own eets on PC. Nothing special.

I wish they would stop picking subpar xbla games. I own most of the good ones.

hoping one of the prizes is skull girls so I can get it on the cheap off the trade forums.

Done with Cloning Clyde, I just finish the game and the challenge. I will probably get all of them when I will have more time. I hope the Uno games are not too long, I never had play that game before.

Just to add insult to injury, the timers on some of the levels Eets are way BROKEN, making getting par times even harder. I just timed myself beating a level in around 17 seconds, and I'm being clocked at slightly over 25.

I was able to beat the game and get the Twenty Ninja Skillz achievements. I don't know who the two guys are that wrote the guide and made the videos for those, but I'd love to meet them and shake their hand. They were both extremely helpful.

I have 3 more Par times to beat and then I'm good to go for the weekend. Hopefully I can get these 3 figured out, as the timers are seriously fucked on at least 1 on of them.

EDIT: Got 'em! :)

Alright done 2 achievements with Uno, the 40 games and the wild card. I did like 90-100 games... The online one seems like a pain because if someone quits it doesn't count. I will buy Eets tomorrow and do two more achievements.

How much time did it took you for Eets, tylerh1701?

I hope that the 2 games that they will give away will be good games. Any one knows what were the reward for the previous weeks? I know that last week it was Spelunky and Magic 2013.

[quote name='Khalid'] Any one knows what were the reward for the previous weeks? I know that last week it was Spelunky and Magic 2013.[/QUOTE]

Here are some pairs I remember:

Joe Danger + Showtime DLC

Fez + Splatters

Joe Danger + Raskulls

Sine Mora + Haunt + Alan Wake American Nightmare

Ms Spolsion Man + Half Minute Hero

Iron Brigade + Earthworm Jim

Trials Evolution + Avengers Pinball FX2 DLC

Marvel Vengeance/ Virtue Pinball FX2 DLC + Trials Evolution

Here are other games I don't remember the pair for:

Hybrid Beta
Hole in the Wall
Diabolical Pitch
Radiant Silvergun
Kingdom for Keflings DLC
Anomaly Warzone
Orcs Must Die DLC

[quote name='Khalid']Alright done 2 achievements with Uno, the 40 games and the wild card. I did like 90-100 games... The online one seems like a pain because if someone quits it doesn't count. I will buy Eets tomorrow and do two more achievements.

How much time did it took you for Eets, tylerh1701?

I hope that the 2 games that they will give away will be good games. Any one knows what were the reward for the previous weeks? I know that last week it was Spelunky and Magic 2013.[/QUOTE]

5-6 hours to beat all the levels and get all the par times. Maybe a little bit less if you start using the "Show Solution" option in the main menu right away.

There are frustrating moments though, so be prepared for that.

I'd love to get Tony Hawk this week, maybe that's wishful thinking but I'd sure be happy with it! :)

Finally, I just beat all the levels and all the par times... At first it was not too bad, but some levels in the last two worlds were a pain in the ass.

I suggest them to do a deal of the week challenge. Hopefully, they will do it in the future.

God, Eets is so fucking annoying. It feels like setting up the jumping puzzles are so random. I only have 1 more stage left to finish under time (.13 seconds off and it's pissing me off) and I'm done with this crap forever. Worst XBLA game I've ever played besides Yaris.

Hey, finished the 7 I needed (3 in Uno, 3 in Clyde, Twenty Ninja Skillz in Eets) but my xbox profile is not viewable by others on xbox.com for some reason. I emailed them screenshots from xbox.com showing what I had. Think that'll be enough? I tried setting my profile and game history to blocked, turned off/on the console, set both to everyone, turned off/on the console again. Im going to call xbox support when I wake up, hopefully it'll either resolve itself by then or they can help. Any idea what else I can try?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']God, Eets is so fucking annoying. It feels like setting up the jumping puzzles are so random. I only have 1 more stage left to finish under time (.13 seconds off and it's pissing me off) and I'm done with this crap forever. Worst XBLA game I've ever played besides Yaris.[/QUOTE]

Ya Eets is really dumb. For games like that, the physics need to be perfect, and Eets isn't even close. You could do 2 runs with items in the exact same positions and get vastly different results. It's really stupid.

I wouldn't say it's the worst XBLA game I've played, but it's probably in the bottom 10%.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya Eets is really dumb. For games like that, the physics need to be perfect, and Eets isn't even close. You could do 2 runs with items in the exact same positions and get vastly different results. It's really stupid.

I wouldn't say it's the worst XBLA game I've played, but it's probably in the bottom 10%.[/QUOTE]

I could swear I've had the same happen to me. As soon as I got the Ninja achievement I bailed and wrapped things up with Cloning Clyde. The thing that bothered me more was the explosion physics. Something would explode and there would be just a bit that Eets would get caught on. Just times I wish the game were a little more forgiving to avoid the character getting caught on so much so often.

I think Eets is a LOT better if you're not trying to do 120 levels in one sitting. It can get frustrating so if you do a few and come back later it's a really fun game. Unfortunately, doesn't help much for this challenge, so you've just gotta grin and bear it. It's taken me about five years to finally complete all the levels and I enjoyed it :)

Bear in mind also for prizes that they only have MGS games to give away, so you're not gonna win Puzzle Fighter or anything like that.

bread's done
Back