Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $29.99 PS3/Xbox (@Amazon)

Great deal. Im a huge fan of the series so thanks!!!
metal

Just got the Platinum on MGS2...so hard and frustrating, yet so rewarding. I had never played these games on PS2, but as soon as I started MGS2, it catapulted into my top ten all time. Absolutely love it.

:whistle2:k
I do want...but will wait for $20 can't pull the trigger. Now if there was a LE with some swag for $30 I'd be in.

[quote name='Enuf']:whistle2:k
I do want...but will wait for $20 can't pull the trigger. Now if there was a LE with some swag for $30 I'd be in.[/QUOTE]

There was a Limited Edition but it was actually Limited.

[quote name='Enuf']:whistle2:k
I do want...but will wait for $20 can't pull the trigger. Now if there was a LE with some swag for $30 I'd be in.[/QUOTE]

You're way, way too late for the LE, but for those of us who buy video games to play them this is still a great deal.

[quote name='Slowdance']You're way, way too late for the LE, but for those of us who buy video games to play them this is still a great deal.[/QUOTE]I'd play the LE too I just can't pull the trigger on a HD coll for more than $25 unless it's special. I've got all the others for $20 or less so no need to break the streak.

[quote name='Enuf']I'd play the LE too I just can't pull the trigger on a HD coll for more than $25 unless it's special. I've got all the others for $20 or less so no need to break the streak.[/QUOTE]

But this game has online game play and there probably won't be as many people playing when it drop to $20

I have a 10 dollar credit from amazon from a problem I had with an order. Would I pull the trigger on this for $20 or should I get the vita version? By the way, I haven't ever played a metal gear solid game all the way through.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I have a 10 dollar credit from amazon from a problem I had with an order. Would I pull the trigger on this for $20 or should I get the vita version? By the way, I haven't ever played a metal gear solid game all the way through.[/QUOTE]

The Vita is still $40 so get the Ps3 version.

[quote name='wingzero16']DAMN!!!!! got this for $40 at BB should have done a Price match if i knew about it :([/QUOTE]

Buy from Amazon and return the unopened copy to Best Buy.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I have a 10 dollar credit from amazon from a problem I had with an order. Would I pull the trigger on this for $20 or should I get the vita version? By the way, I haven't ever played a metal gear solid game all the way through.[/QUOTE]

I would probably get the PS3 version since it also includes Peace Walker.

More importantly you'll want to play these games at home since there are 10, 20, 50 minute long cut scenes and these games aren't really meant for pick up and play on the go.

In my opinion, MGS is a series you want to kick back your feet and enjoy the experience on a large television with surround sound.

[quote name='RiPPn']Buy from Amazon and return the unopened copy to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

helluva idea i lost my receipt but they say they should be able to look it up

Got it for 20 bux after my promotionl credit of 10 dollars. This could be the best 20 bux that I have ever spent lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']But this game has online game play and there probably won't be as many people playing when it drop to $20[/QUOTE]

those of us that don't give a crap about online play can afford to wait for $20 or less

I wussed out and ordered it with some promo credit so I can transfar!! I want to beat 2,3 and pw before I replay 4 and then try rising. going on a kojima bender.

[quote name='tightclaws']It won't be long before it's $20 these rehash retread games always drop quick.[/QUOTE]

This dropped before Black Friday last year and has held its MSRP longer than any other non-Sony HD collection. I don't see it for $20 in the near future, esp. since they just launched it on Vita with cross save support, are (it seems) going to patch MGS4 with trophy support, and have Revengeance coming soon.

Maybe it'll be slashed as a promo for Reveangance, but it's not like it's going to be cleared or blown out with this much franchise activity.

[quote name='@FIF']This dropped before Black Friday last year and has held its MSRP longer than any other non-Sony HD collection. I don't see it for $20 in the near future, esp. since they just launched it on Vita with cross save support, are (it seems) going to patch MGS4 with trophy support, and have Revengeance coming soon.

Maybe it'll be slashed as a promo for Reveangance, but it's not like it's going to be cleared or blown out with this much franchise activity.[/QUOTE]

not if bestbuy is still around, lol

[quote name='@FIF']This dropped before Black Friday last year and has held its MSRP longer than any other non-Sony HD collection. I don't see it for $20 in the near future, esp. since they just launched it on Vita with cross save support, are (it seems) going to patch MGS4 with trophy support, and have Revengeance coming soon.

Maybe it'll be slashed as a promo for Reveangance, but it's not like it's going to be cleared or blown out with this much franchise activity.[/QUOTE]

Revengeance is not a Metal Gear Solid game ;)

Thanks OP. Got one, I had just started playing the PSV one from Gamefly and was about to buy it. I will just get in on PS3 instead.

[quote name='62t']But this game has online game play and there probably won't be as many people playing when it drop to $20[/QUOTE]If people are jumping on this @ $30 then tons will when it's $20 too MGS games have legs. And they way BB has DOTD's & pm'ing it won't be much longer. Black Friday is any week day now.

[quote name='wingzero16']helluva idea i lost my receipt but they say they should be able to look it up[/QUOTE]If you used your RZ card for the transaction use the myRZ site & print a duplicate.

Maybe it'll be slashed as a promo for Reveangance, but it's not like it's going to be cleared or blown out with this much franchise activity.[/QUOTE]it'll drop they always do & it doesn't have to drop to $20 there's always b2g1 or flip with a $30 price that can get it there. At $30 from BB I'd almost bite since I'd have 60 days to pm which I believe would get me there.

[quote name='Enuf']If people are jumping on this @ $30 then tons will when it's $20 too MGS games have legs. And they way BB has DOTD's & pm'ing it won't be much longer. Black Friday is any week day now.

If you used your RZ card for the transaction use the myRZ site & print a duplicate.

it'll drop they always do & it doesn't have to drop to $20 there's always b2g1 or flip with a $30 price that can get it there. At $30 from BB I'd almost bite since I'd have 60 days to pm which I believe would get me there.[/QUOTE]

Did you seriously come back to a thread for a deal you aren't interested in just to argue with people...?

That's amazingly pathetic, haha. You must have a lot going on in your life.

[quote name='Slowdance']Did you seriously come back to a thread for a deal you aren't interested in just to argue with people...?

That's amazingly pathetic, haha. You must have a lot going on in your life.[/QUOTE]Actually I can back to help the 2nd person find out how to get his duplicate receipt. And I make a point to follow-up in threads that I post in since my inbox get ?'s based of the replies that I make. And just b/c I'm not interested in the deal doesn't mean I don't refer people to the deal especially ones that have AMZ credit since it would make the game the same $20 that I'm looking for. If I still had some AMZ credit left I'd actually do the deal myself.:roll:

[quote name='Slowdance']Did you seriously come back to a thread for a deal you aren't interested in just to argue with people...?

That's amazingly pathetic, haha. You must have a lot going on in your life.[/QUOTE]

And you posted this completely non-productive comment because you have nothing better to do? Enuf frequently posts deals/advice to help out other cags, and I appreciate his efforts (especially his Best Buy expertise)

[quote name='antlp89']I would probably get the PS3 version since it also includes Peace Walker.

More importantly you'll want to play these games at home since there are 10, 20, 50 minute long cut scenes and these games aren't really meant for pick up and play on the go.

In my opinion, MGS is a series you want to kick back your feet and enjoy the experience on a large television with surround sound.[/QUOTE]

Whoa...I thought that mgs4 was the only one with 30+ min cut scenes? Do all of the Mgs games in this collection have long cut scenes? Or is it just a few of them?

[quote name='Vap']Whoa...I thought that mgs4 was the only one with 30+ min cut scenes? Do all of the Mgs games in this collection have long cut scenes? Or is it just a few of them?[/QUOTE]

Yes & a lot of codec dialogue. That's the only real criticism about the MGS franchise but overall its a A+++ series. I dunno about PW though since I haven't played it yet.

Just a bit of a warning to everybody. I bought this a while ago when it was on sale for $30 again, but for some strange reason Amazon mailed me the EU version! So make sure you get the correct regional version. I cursed out Amazon & they only gave me a $6 refund! -_- I'm not that upset though, since the EU version is 99.9% the same as US. I've played all previous MGS games (except PW) & I really couldn't tell any real difference.

[quote name='ThePriceIsRight']Yes & a lot of codec dialogue. That's the only real criticism about the MGS franchise but overall its a A+++ series.[/QUOTE]
"Criticism"? Depending on who you ask, I suppose. I love the story of the MGS series, so I see the cutscenes and dialogue as huge pluses, not as anything worthy of criticism.

Man, Amazon is really taking their time to ship this out to me. I placed two first-party orders over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday), and here we are Monday night with both of them "shipping soon"... meanwhile, a third-party order I placed over the weekend is already on its way. [Potentially] one-two business days to ship isn't bad overall, but it seems bad by Amazon standards. ;)

I have never played any of the games in this series. In terms of the story, should I just start with MGS 1 before playing the HD collection or is each game a stand alone adventure? I'm curious to know what fans recommend. Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

[quote name='mac15444']I have never played any of the games in this series. In terms of the story, should I just start with MGS 1 before playing the HD collection or is each game a stand alone adventure? I'm curious to know what fans recommend. Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

It is recommended that you start from the first one but MGS2 (the reason I say the second is that the first one has not aged very well in terms of graphics so that may turn off the younger gamers used to high end graphics.) is also a good start. It is not like Final Fantasy where every iteration is different. They all connect in story.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']It is recommended that you start from the first one but MGS2 (the reason I say the second is that the first one has not aged very well in terms of graphics so that may turn off the younger gamers used to high end graphics.) is also a good start. It is not like Final Fantasy where every iteration is different. They all connect in story.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the graphics like the younger kids do these days. I'll start off with the first one just so I can understand what's going on. Thanks for the reply. I've heard good things about this series so I'm eager to start.

[quote name='mac15444']I don't mind the graphics like the younger kids do these days. I'll start off with the first one just so I can understand what's going on. Thanks for the reply. I've heard good things about this series so I'm eager to start.[/QUOTE]

Yeah starting off with the first one is a good idea. But to really understand what's going on story wise you really have to start with mgs3 and the peace walker series. That'll give you a better over view of the background happenings of the MSG 1, 2, & 4 games. Gameplay wise though start with msg1 since its the oldest and doesn't have some of the features of the later titles.

[quote name='mac15444']I don't mind the graphics like the younger kids do these days. I'll start off with the first one just so I can understand what's going on. Thanks for the reply. I've heard good things about this series so I'm eager to start.[/QUOTE]

Yea I agree with the other guy, start with the first and play them in the order they came out. The first one still might be my favorite MGS.

$30 for these three games is a great deal, I haven't even played Peace Walker yet, but 2 and 3 are well worth the money alone!

Back in stock from amazon. Just ordered one on ps3.

Edit : Did they just get one back in stock? I just placed my order and went back to the page and now its all third parties.

*puts up flame shield*

[quote name='dios']Back in stock from amazon. Just ordered one on ps3.

Edit : Did they just get one back in stock? I just placed my order and went back to the page and now its all third parties.

*puts up flame shield*[/QUOTE]

:applause:

bread's done
Back