SFxT 360 SE $34.99 BBY (YMMV)

Kurosaki-san

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
Just picked up my KoA and while I was in the store I seen a tag for SFxT SE on 360 for $34.99. I picked up the last two, marked as clearance. Didn't require a override, rang up at price. Also the coupon does NOT work with it!!!! Only the Xbox version, ps3 rang up at retail!

isn't it a 30 dollar coupon? I wouldn't support buying that garbage game but at 5 bucks i guess its worth it.. seriously what were they thinking locking characters out that were already done. I really hate what Capcom has become.

Im curious why it wont work? what reason did they give. It shouldn't matter if a game is on sale or not, at least it never did in the past. You just cant use it with any other coupons

^_^x KD

I just got home from my BBY as well. I checked with a guy I know who is the gaming manager there and he checked to see if the @Gamer coupon worked on the SE but he checked it in the POS system and it would only apply to the standard version. FWIW, he said that most of the @Gamer coupons have been that way.

Kenshindono - I believe it's a $20 off coupon.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Wonder why the X360 is so cheap on Amazon. Maybe not as popular out of the few fans?[/QUOTE]

Fighting games always sell more on ps3 so there is probibly a much bigger stock of it for the 360

As for the coupon why would the scv coupon work on the special edition but not this ? Is it because this price isn't chain wide ?

The 360 version is missing an online mode that the PS3 version has (it lets two people on one console play online) and is or was missing two characters.

[quote name='strait edge follower']As for the coupon why would the scv coupon work on the special edition but not this ? Is it because this price isn't chain wide ?[/QUOTE]

The @Gamer coupon doesn't work on the Special Edition, just the standard edition.

in BB now looking at the PS3 version still @ $70 gonna buy now & hold on too it for 59 days see if I can get a pm in the future, if not will return/rebuy for $70 again then wait another 59 days but doubt it'll come to that if they're already clearanced out.

[quote name='scott_matthews']The @Gamer coupon doesn't work on the Special Edition, just the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

There are people who used the Gamer coupon on SC:V SE.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']They scanned it, it simply didn't work. The worker even suggested trying the coupon it wasn't even my idea lol.[/QUOTE]

the coupon is for the standard edition.
The one on clearance at best buy is the SPECIAL EDITION

[quote name='DANIEL']the coupon is for the standard edition.
The one on clearance at best buy is the SPECIAL EDITION[/QUOTE]

um and....

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']There are people who used the Gamer coupon on SC:V SE.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='scott_matthews']The @Gamer coupon doesn't work on the Special Edition, just the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

Not true. The coupon for Soul Calibur V worked for the collectors edition and no override was necessary.

I know this because I was going to buy the standard edition using the Gaming Coupon but they were out of them. The employee said I should buy the Collector's but I told him the coupons have never worked on the collector's editions. He said that he tried it earlier for someone else and they did... and when we went through with the transaction it did apply properly.

[quote name='GBAstar']Not true. The coupon for Soul Calibur V worked for the collectors edition and no override was necessary.

I know this because I was going to buy the standard edition using the Gaming Coupon but they were out of them. The employee said I should buy the Collector's but I told him the coupons have never worked on the collector's editions. He said that he tried it earlier for someone else and they did... and when we went through with the transaction it did apply properly.[/QUOTE]

True. I wasn't talking about Soul Claibur, I was talking about SFxT. I was just in BBY this afternoon and tried to use the coupon on the SCxT SE and it didn't work. I'm sure some stores will do an override on it but YMMV on that; the default on the POS is that the coupon doesn't work for SFxT SE.

Proof pic
photo-5.jpg

[quote name='strait edge follower']Is it possible that bestbuy changed it so that these coupons won't work on special editions anymore ?[/QUOTE]

That's what I believe occurred.

[quote name='whitereflection']The 360 version is missing an online mode that the PS3 version has (it lets two people on one console play online) and is or was missing two characters.[/QUOTE]

Yea Mega Man (old school MM 1 NES artwork version,) Cole from Infamous, Poro & Toro (Japanese cat characters Namco & Sony use to promote products) are exclusive to the PS3 version.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Is it possible that bestbuy changed it so that these coupons won't work on special editions anymore ?[/QUOTE]

Is it b/c FF 13-2 & SC V came out end of Jan. & SF x TK was in March?

Needed an override for the voucher. Bummer because it would have been nice and a perfect price for fifteen bucks for this game

[quote name='whitereflection']The 360 version is missing an online mode that the PS3 version has (it lets two people on one console play online) and is or was missing two characters.[/QUOTE]

More like 5....

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yea Mega Man (old school MM 1 NES artwork version,) Cole from Infamous, Poro & Toro (Japanese cat characters Namco & Sony use to promote products) are exclusive to the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Still missing Pac-Man...

That's the reason I returned my copy to Gamefly after I saw I was missing a significant portion of fighters, and no bad box art MM on 360....grumble, grumble.

can anyone who scored the deal post the receipt where the price & store # can be seen my store will pm with this info.

Well damn. After reading all this I'm kinda glad the coupon didn't work for me today on it. I hope I can snag a vanilla PS3 copy, if the price drops to 29.99 or less on it. I think that's my threshold for this game, $10 or less. :)

[quote name='Enuf']can anyone who scored the deal post the receipt where the price & store # can be seen my store will pm with this info.[/QUOTE]

Is your store not selling it at this price? I believed it to be nationwide.

I picked this up on Monday; they took the coupon without an issue and just did an override. The manager said that it should work for the SE, but the coupon doesn't work on sale prices (fine print on the back) and that's why it wasn't ringing up properly. He looked at the screen intently for a minute, then back at the coupon, and said that this wasn't on sale, it was clearance which isn't prohibited by the coupon.

In any case, I've got a copy if anyone is interested for cost plus shipping.

It's actually missing 5 characters.

Kuro, Toro, Megaman, Pacman and Cole McGrath

[quote name='Kaiser499']Is the SE worth it?[/QUOTE]

No, this game is trash. It's ruined by greed and some of the shadiest business tactics in video games thus far. It pretty much goes against all things fighting games stand for.

[quote name='Romeo']Is your store not selling it at this price? I believed it to be nationwide.[/QUOTE]I got the PS3 version haven't seen the 360 but since I don't have one away it doesn't matter.

so best buy sucks for not giving you the special edition of this game for next to nothing? sometimes they suck for things, but that is not one of them. they already put it up for super cheap...

Got my pm for the PS3 copy a lil YMMV b/c had been buying tons of stuff today but the rep let me know if the OP could post a better pic of the recent where the price & store # can be seen they will call the store & confirm then match it. This is the standard procedure so do it for any YMMV clearance item & match it that way.

bread's done
Back