Thank you!

Lazer77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
90 (100%)
I just wanted to just say how incredible this site is. People are extremely helpful with any questions you have, whether it is about the game itself or a deal. The community is super trustworthy, I have no problem paying someone first because I know they will come through, I have yet to have any problems from the many years I have been coming here. I trust people on here more than I trust people on eBay, whether its selling or buying, because people on eBay will find loopholes to screw you over.

Not to mention the amount of money I have been saving on games over the years. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lazer77']I just wanted to just say how incredible this site is. People are extremely helpful with any questions you have, whether it is about the game itself or a deal. The community is super trustworthy, I have problem paying someone first because I know they will come through, I have yet to have any problems from the many years I have been coming here. I trust people on here more than I trust people on eBay, whether its selling or buying, because people on eBay will find loopholes to screw you over.

Not to mention the amount of money I have been saving on games over the years. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Stick around (nevermind...I see you've been here since 2007). I think you'll change that viewpoint soon enough. :bouncy:

(Seriously, the community was much more civil years ago...)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Your welcome.

Also, LOL at that sentence "I have problem paying someone first..." I assume that is NO problem.[/QUOTE]

You're right ;) fixed that LOL

[quote name='Rig']Stick around (nevermind...I see you've been here since 2007). I think you'll change that viewpoint soon enough. :bouncy:

(Seriously, the community was much more civil years ago...)[/QUOTE]
Yeah. When I first joined people would bend over backwards to help you out, but at that time people also seemed a lot more reasonable and not out to get a lopsided deal at your expense. Nowadays, people bellyache if they feel you're asking for $.50 too much for Delivery Confirmation or won't eat the sales tax or part of the shipping cost just for them to get a deal.

Some of us aren't just cheap ass gamers, we're broke ass gamers too, so every nickel counts.

Another thing lately is it just seems like the people joining will ask 1000 questions rather than read the OP of a thread or try skimming back 2-3(or more) pages to find an answer themselves BEFORE asking a question.

It's not really bad if they ask a question that might have been covered really early on in the threads and hasn't been covered recently. But sometimes you have folks asking stuff that was answered 3-5 posts above their post asking the question and then they'll re-ask it an hour later without even checking the posts since then.

I mean, I started out answering some questions for newbies and while I don't really mind doing it it just gets annoying when the answers are clearly spelled out in black & white in prior posts.

^ perhaps somebody should take their own avatar to heart. Really, what kind of person trolls a "thank you" thread?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. When I first joined people would bend over backwards to help you out, but at that time people also seemed a lot more reasonable and not out to get a lopsided deal at your expense. Nowadays, people bellyache if they feel you're asking for $.50 too much for Delivery Confirmation or won't eat the sales tax or part of the shipping cost just for them to get a deal.

Some of us aren't just cheap ass gamers, we're broke ass gamers too, so every nickel counts.

Another thing lately is it just seems like the people joining will ask 1000 questions rather than read the OP of a thread or try skimming back 2-3(or more) pages to find an answer themselves BEFORE asking a question.

It's not really bad if they ask a question that might have been covered really early on in the threads and hasn't been covered recently. But sometimes you have folks asking stuff that was answered 3-5 posts above their post asking the question and then they'll re-ask it an hour later without even checking the posts since then.

I mean, I started out answering some questions for newbies and while I don't really mind doing it it just gets annoying when the answers are clearly spelled out in black & white in prior posts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapyD']^ perhaps somebody should take their own avatar to heart. Really, what kind of person trolls a "thank you" thread?[/QUOTE]
stay_classy.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']^ perhaps somebody should take their own avatar to heart. Really, what kind of person trolls a "thank you" thread?[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, IATCG is on thin ice with the banhammer of death!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Ohhh, IATCG is on thin ice with the banhammer of death![/QUOTE]
:lol:It wouldn't be the first time. At least he finally responded to me on something, as opposed to when I emailed and PM'd him a while ago about a potential issue.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:It wouldn't be the first time. At least he finally responded to me on something, as opposed to when I emailed and PM'd him a while ago about a potential issue.:razz:[/QUOTE]

A potential issue, eh? Sounds intriguing and full of danger! The way a lot of guys hate on you I'm surprised that you have even lasted this long to be honest.

I dont hate anybody here, but you are firmly in a lot of people's minds on this board (and probably others)...likely in the "Enemies" section. :rofl:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']A potential issue, eh? Sounds intriguing and full of danger! The way a lot of guys hate on you I'm surprised that you have even lasted this long to be honest.

I dont hate anybody here, but you are firmly in a lot of people's minds on this board (and probably others)...likely in the "Enemies" section. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
:lol:Some random people I don't know from a hole in the ground on an internet message board don't like me? Eh. Whatever. Life isn't all sunshine and rainbows and would be pretty boring if everybody just agreed with everyone else.

Anyway, the issue was that a mod came into a social group on here and called the members of the group a 'circle jerking club'. To me it was very unprofessional and something that I felt deserved to be addressed. Apparently not though as I saw zero action against it and like I said I got zero response from Cheapy regarding it.

As for my longevity here, I know I'm outspoken and just blurt out what I'm thinking. But that's who I am. If people don't like me, then they can always put me on ignore or skip over my post.

I'll admit that I toned it down somewhat in the last year due to the warning from DaPhatty about a possible ban because I do like the site and I've met many really good people on here, some of whom I'm even friends with in real life from on here.

But like I said above, you can't please all the people all of the time and I stopped trying to do so a long time ago.

What makes me laugh most though is even after my threatened ban last year I've seen other folks who made my behavior look like I was Ms. Suzy Sunshine by comparison and not one thing has been done to them. No temp bans, no warnings, no silencings. Nothing.

I'm sure you could probably list at least one or two of them without even trying yourself since you likely know at least one of the people I'm talking about.

Either way, I'm so sick of the biased treatment I see on here. You're a flipper? Oh you can't talk about that in public. But wait, there's a 100% promo at BB and someone created a flipping thread? Cool. It can stay. That's just ONE example, but I see so many disparities between how one CAG is treated versus another on here.

Yeah, the site is good but I'll be the first to admit it isn't perfect in any way.

The mods are quiet most of the time but occasionally they can be very unprofessional (considering they are suppose to be a "authority" figures in some way). My thing is that people seem to act like this is an 80s High School with their little inside jokes and hating on everybody that doesn't agree with them solely.

I'm quite disliked by a lot of members for some reason and I have no idea why. Not that I care, but I wonder why some people (who actually hold hate in themselves for people they don't know that talk over the Internet) don't get a life. You're all good in my book though, typically you say nothing obsurdly stupid or troll-like so you're fine with me.

P.S. I don't like the double standards regarding flipping as well. Say you're a flipper in a deals thread and want to buy more then one thing and people try to rip you apart like angry gorillas but the truth is that most of the community is all too willing to take advantage of any deal possible. I think those people get mad that you bought up the supply of the deal so now they have nothing to flip themselves. :rofl:

Yeah Thanx CheapyD and Cag. Awesome awesome site. Saves my family thousands of dollars. and you guys are awesome Podcast and everything community. Peace and Thanx so much!

[quote name='Lazer77']I just wanted to just say how incredible this site is. People are extremely helpful with any questions you have, whether it is about the game itself or a deal. The community is super trustworthy, I have no problem paying someone first because I know they will come through, I have yet to have any problems from the many years I have been coming here. I trust people on here more than I trust people on eBay, whether its selling or buying, because people on eBay will find loopholes to screw you over.

Not to mention the amount of money I have been saving on games over the years. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I agree with this overall and thanks like he said. It really is a great site. I know I can be a pita a lot any time flipping/reselling and such is being argued so I apologize to the mods who have to deal with me sometimes, but I really do appreciate the site.

As for selling and trading, I'm also not too worried about sending first and things like that. I think a lot of that is you see someone has been here a couple years+, and already has feedback, and so you basically know they're pretty vested in the site and you're going to be ok dealing with them.

One trade gone bad and it could cause you some real problems here, and any more than that and you're probably going to have a bad time. Whereas on ebay it sucks to get a negative, but a single one really isn't going to do a whole lot. There normally isn't much commitment to the community or ebay itself. If I could get away from ebay and still sell my stuff, I'd jump ship in an instant.

Ebay overall is not a very respected site whereas CAG/CheapyD are very well respected from what I've seen. If ebay had serious competition it would die a quick death while CAG could have competitors yet would still thrive because of the community and people like CheapyD.

Another great example from today: I can't get on my computer anytime soon and I want to buy a game on Steam, which is on sale for only a few more hours. I posted on the forums asking if someone could grab me a copy and I would pay them back later this evening once I got on the computer again, and without hesitation someone did that for me.

Yeah I agree with you about eBay. Its great in several ways, but the community is utter trash. Since I discovered CAG I slowed down with eBay a good bit. So many stories of people stealing my items and selling me garbage products. The buyer protection on eBay basically invites people to cheat sellers into getting their items for free.

EDIT: Repaid the favor to someone else. Got them something that they couldn't purchase in their region.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back