Gears of War 3 Limited Edition $35 + Free Shipping

solidsnake222

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw this on slickdeals earlier and it just frontpaged. After missing the TRU Epic Edition sale and failing out at Best Buy recently, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this limited edition. It's the ebay daily deal today, and of course it's brand new.

link

The Gears of War 3 Limited Edition includes:

An Octus Award Box and Octus Service Medal – Replicas of the honors bestowed on Adam Fenix, Marcus's father, for his work on the Hammer of Dawn.

Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.

A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.

The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his "Last Will and Testament," the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.

I jumped all over that ish when TRU put it on sale... I'm moving into a big house in a couple of weeks with a finished basement that's mine, all mine... I'll finally get to put my statues out...

Nice deal.
The box this comes in is really nice., with the cog showing through the front. Looks alot nicer than the Reach LE.
I already had a regular copy of this when I got the Epic Edition, and just ended up selling the extra game on ebay, along with the flag and documents.
Worth the trouble for the display box/gear.

[quote name='morrodox']Once again I should have waited. Bought for $54.95 some time ago.[/QUOTE]

I hope it wasn't during the time where Epic Edition is only $5 more at $59.99...

honestly not a very good collector's edition, aside from the COG, and I guess the DLC codes, the rest of it all feels cheap and worthless. Of course 34.99 is not a bad price regardless, but it's one of the least impressive collector's editions I've owned

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So, this isn't the edition that comes with the Marcus Fenix statue?[/QUOTE]

No, it's the Epic Edition that comes with the statue.

[quote name='gundie']No, it's the Epic Edition that comes with the statue.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured.

I'm still kicking myself for missing that one from TRU.com a while back.

I think I'll pass. The beta was fun, but I don't care nearly enough to pay for any extra memorabilia. Thanks though. I may pick up the game by itself, one of these days.

I think I got mine for $35 from GS a while back. As a CE, I think it's nice in the sense that the included items are "in-universe". No cheesy statues and crap, it's stuff that actually engages you in the story/universe more.

However, if you're not a big gears fan I'd say to pass. The game itself seems to be pretty mediocre. I played through about 80% of the campaign with my friend co-op and the whole experience was decidedly bland. No fancy packaging or extra items will fix that.

you can get a used copy of the epic edition for 56$ with the recent promotion not sure if it's a good price or not

the only thing's that's epic (fail) is 3,000+ negative feedback...how do you even do that without getting kicked off ebay?! oh wait..this is "ebay's deal of the day"..so it's ebay's user id? so if that's true...not even ebay can maintain 100% feedback

[quote name='animemaniac14']the only thing's that's epic (fail) is 3,000+ negative feedback...how do you even do that without getting kicked off ebay?! oh wait..this is "ebay's deal of the day"..so it's ebay's user id? so if that's true...not even ebay can maintain 100% feedback[/QUOTE]

Your looking at 1saleaday's eBay profile. It's all about the percentage, not the numbers. They're at 98+% positive, that's perfectly acceptable.

...such a retardicon.

I loved this game and have played it a bunch, but the extras (besides the COG flag) are pretty 'meh' as far as I'm concerned. I'll pass on this, but if you don't have the game this is a great deal.

bread's done
Back