Ratchet & Clank Collection - August 28 - $29.99 - R&C, GC, and UYA w/early Sly 4 Demo

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ection-hits-august-28th-with-sly-cooper-demo/
As the celebration of Ratchet & Clank’s 10th Anniversary has unfolded this year, we’ve received your anxious e-mails, tweets and Facebook messages asking us when you can get your hands on the Ratchet & Clank Collection in North America. Today, we can tell you the remaster of three original PS2 Ratchet & Clank games will be available at retailers and via PlayStation Network on August 28th for $29.99!

The Collection features 1080p HD remasters of three PS2 Ratchet & Clank classics: Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. In addition, these three games have Trophy and 3D support (in 720p), and the fine folks over at Idol Minds have restored online play to Up Your Arsenal. At last, those who missed out on competitive R&C gameplay during the PS2 Network Adapter era can finally check it out!

We realize that the Ratchet & Clank Collection is arriving in North America a bit later than it did in Europe and Japan. To reward you for your patience, we’re giving you exclusive first access to the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo when you purchase the Collection. If you love Ratchet, you probably love Sly, and the Ratchet & Clank Collection will let you test drive Sly’s new time-traveling adventure starting on August 28th. As an added bonus, you’ll receive a special Ratchet & Clank 10th anniversary avatar!

We can’t wait to for you to get your hands on these three remastered Ratchet & Clank games, the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo and the 10th anniversary avatar on August 28th. In the meantime, keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook pages for the latest on the Collection, as well as the newly announced Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault!

How come the JPN version release has Deadlocked on it, and we don't get that game? (saw it when I was on the JPN PSN looking around)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/1...-remake-but-its-only-for-playstation-network/

It's separate in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Can't read Japanese so I wasn't sure. ;)

Anyway, kinda weird that they didn't include it since they are reactivating online play for the other game and this one was specifically for online play (even though it had a SP mode)

Not my favorite for story, but I think it has hands down the best control of any of the R&C games bar none.

Bumping this up since it's out on Tuesday. It'll also be out on PSN with the bundle for $30 and each game available for $15 each.

Edit: The bundle isn't going to be available at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for this to be released on Tuesday. I bought Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time early last year (both and still unopened) in the hopes that an HD collection would finally be announced for Ratchet & Clank. Guess I can finally take the shrink wrap off ToD and ACiT in a couple days. :D

forgot I preordered this and now it's coming from Amazon. How long are these games if I play through them and don't try to collect EVERYTHING?

I forget how long it took me to get to the final boss in the first game, but I'd guess that it took me at least ten hours without being OCD about getting everything.

Super excited for this. Love me some R&C. Been playing All For One with my 4yo son and having a blast (that game is way better than it was given credit for at release).

Just to be clear, the voucher for the new PSN R&C is no longer included (Or was that just a big misunderstanding from the PSBlog in the first place?)

My Amazon preorder should be shipping any time now in either case. Looking forward to replaying these babies!

@Zmonkay: Nope, Full Frontal Assault was never suppose to be included. It doesn't even have a firm release date yet.

Just a heads up for anyone planning on purchasing this game: the voucher for the Sly 4 demo and the 10th anniversary avatar is only valid from 8/28/12 - 03/31/13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up: The once optional 4.21 update, is mandatory to play this game (it's on the disc). Just love the 'optional, but not so much' updates. Thanks Sony. Oh, and love the 'digital manual'...

[quote name='Krate']@Zmonkay: Nope, Full Frontal Assault was never suppose to be included. It doesn't even have a firm release date yet.

Just a heads up for anyone planning on purchasing this game: the voucher for the Sly 4 demo and the 10th anniversary avatar is only valid from 8/28/12 - 03/31/13.[/QUOTE]

Cool beans, thanks. I swear when they announced FFA on the Euro PSBlog they said they would include it as an appology for NA fans having to wait so long, but I think that was just a misunderstanding.

Bumping this up since the collection bundle itself is on PSN now at $29.99, so you can get the digital version of the collection at the appropriate price with the bonuses (Sly 4 demo, 10th Anniversary avatar).

bread's done
Back