Borderlands 2 Clap Trap NECA Action Figure $15.99 @ TRU YMMV

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
pTRU1-13267902reg.jpg

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13136546&prodFindSrc=search#soldInStore

Just spotted this on tru.com. This is the cheapest I have seen the clap trap figure. They normally go for $25+. Unfortunately you cannot order this online and cannot do in-store pick-up, so YMMV.

Really a great deal for any Borderlands fan! Unfortunately my local TRU doesn't have any in stock.

I really want one of these, but I can't bring myself to pay over $20 for one, especially since I plan to take it out of the package and display it. Hopefully my local TRU get some in stock.

You would find these in the Action Figure section at TRU, not videogame section.

Here are some photos of the figure. It is 4" tall if you don't measure his antenna. 7" with the antenna.

borderlands-claptrap-bandit-neca-1.jpg

claptrap_2.jpg

I so would buy these if I had the money right now. I'd like to see all the clap traps made into toys, especially the ones from the Clap Trap Revolution. Kind of want the one with the red eye and kind of looked like a biker with spikes on its body.

Edit: Not sure about the bandit figurine. Kind of creeps me out a little. Too many times that character caught me off guard in the video game.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the people that found these, did you find them in the "Collectibles" section with other video game toys like the Halo, Street Fighter, Mario, etc aisle or like next to the other toy sections like let's say...next to WWE action figures and such? Having trouble finding these, went to 2 so far and no luck.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']For the people that found these, did you find them in the "Collectibles" section with other video game toys like the Halo, Street Fighter, Mario, etc aisle or like next to the other toy sections like let's say...next to WWE action figures and such? Having trouble finding these, went to 2 so far and no luck.[/QUOTE]

At mine, they were at the end of the aisle with the Halo/GoW3 figures. They only had a few of them though.

Ya, I tried 2 with no luck. They were in separate states since I was traveling, thought it would make a difference, but nope.

I've been to several TRU stores over the last 2 weeks -- both in St. Louis and in OKC -- and I have yet to spot one of these. :(

[quote name='pimpinc333']Thomas96, in which section of the store did you find your's? I really want one![/QUOTE]

I found it with the collectible toys. It was close to the twisted metal and bioshock figures. It could also be with the video game toys in the video game section, as well. depends on the stores set up. I found mine by searching those spots thoroughly....I looked behind other figures and that's how I found mine. The tag will say NECA, if you find that tag then you look around the area. It really can be anywhere, even on side and back end displays.

Funny when you think about the fact that the GotY version of Borderlands was half the cost of this figure on Steam this week....

and yet I still want that damned figure :)

[quote name='midloo']Funny when you think about the fact that the GotY version of Borderlands was half the cost of this figure on Steam this week....

and yet I still want that damned figure :)[/QUOTE]

So do I. I have no idea why I want this so much, lol. I will check the store by my apartment after work tonight, and if no luck there, I will check the store by my work tomorrow. But that's it. Not worth it to travel to a million stores...oh wait there's one on my way home from work too...ok fine, three stores is all...lol.

Edit: Oh well. No luck for me. Went to all three stores between work and home and nothing. They had a figure from every collection it seemed, except Borderlands. I probably should not spend the money anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:
coupon code:ALLCDKEY74699,Enjoy 6% discount for your Diablo 3,Guild wars 2 and all cdkey purchase at allcdkey.com

If you get one be careful with it. I've had nothing but problems with the damn thing since I bought it. The figure would sat on the stand, causing it to fall, which resulted in its antenna breaking off. Then I was having problem with the wheel being so stiff. I couldn't get the wheel to extend all the way down and thus when it came off I was able to put the wheel back on however it never fit back right. The figure looks great but I wsh I would have left it n the package.

Claptraps are back in-stock for shipping, still $15. Just got one, and it's free shipping on orders over $49, for what that's worth.

[quote name='GeneJacket']Claptraps are back in-stock for shipping, still $15. Just got one, and it's free shipping on orders over $49, for what that's worth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I ordered one with free 2 day shipping via Shoprunner - surprised it was eligible.

Wow...shipping is $5.27, a bit steep imo. Too bad I already used a shoprunner trial earlier in the year. Gotta keep searching my local stores

[quote name='GeneJacket']Claptraps are back in-stock for shipping, still $15. Just got one, and it's free shipping on orders over $49, for what that's worth.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just placed my order :) Been looking for this guy for awhile now with no luck. Free 2-day Shipping with Shop Runner for me ^_^

Found a whole mess of them at the TRU in Grand Rapids MI on 28th st. Had no idea there was a 1/2 an aisle for game related figures.

I wonder if they were holding out on these until Borderlands 2 was released for the hype. Anyways, online is OOS now, glad I got an order in this morning.

Mine just shipped :O Also, OOS again. Sign up for email alerts if you want it, it seems to be going in and out of stock.

Found 2 at my local TRU today (only grabbed one), so it made up for not finding an MP Optimus Prime (somewhat).

Ya I got mine the other day. The stand is VERY crappy. Don't put this guy up in a high spot xD. I was in the middle of making a replacement lego stand for him, but just found a misc. piece of plastic that seemed to hold him up well.

[quote name='Link2999']Ya I got mine the other day. The stand is VERY crappy. Don't put this guy up in a high spot xD. I was in the middle of making a replacement lego stand for him, but just found a misc. piece of plastic that seemed to hold him up well.[/QUOTE]

yea mine falls over alot. the stand sucks so i moved it off my fridge. fell over like once a week or so opening and shutting the door.

Was able to find one on Thursday when trying to see the stock of PC games from the clearance thread. Glad I was able to get one, but have you guys noticed the eye part. It seems like it was badly painted, well mine at least. I grabbed the best I could, but still looks "meh". Anyway, glad I was able to snag one of these

[quote name='Romeo']Approximately how much do you have to spend to get that many points?[/QUOTE]

10 points per dollar spent on all new games and consoles
20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories and consoles
20 points per dollar on traded-in games or consoles
Up to 500 points for activating online, completing your profile and establishing your Game Library

[quote name='eLefAdEr']10 points per dollar spent on all new games and consoles
20 points per dollar spent on pre-owned games, accessories and consoles
20 points per dollar on traded-in games or consoles
Up to 500 points for activating online, completing your profile and establishing your Game Library[/QUOTE]

So, $1950 if you bought all new games, $975 if you bought pre-owned. I think buying it for $16 is the better deal in this case :)

There must have been a new shipment of these. After not having seen any for months I am seeing in all the TRUs around here again. I finally grabbed one and while I am a bit disappointed in the poor quality of materials, it is still a Claptrap. I've ordered a blue one as well.

bread's done
Back