DJ Hero Renegade Bundle (Xbox 360) $28 @ Walmart

Just bought two Renegade Bundles from Walmart.com for $63.54 shipped to my house and a software-only new copy of DJ Hero 2 for $3.01 with Amazon Prime delivery Friday. Thanks, OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eminem is my idol and I'm interested in DJ Hero so I may bite. Anyone know how long this price will last? And also I'm a bit confused, what does the bundle come with(game-wise)? Does it come with the first 2 games, or a brand new game?

It comes with the upgraded DJ Hero turntable with a carrying case that converts to a stand. The original DJ Hero bundle only had the turntable which means you have to have a desk to play it on (though some people find it okay to play on your lap). I think it's a bit too hard to play on your lap when the difficulty gets higher.

It also come with a double album by Jay-Z and Eminem. And the DJ Hero 1 game. The bundle comes with the original DJ Hero game.

DJ Hero 2 doesn't come with it but you definitely should pick it up because it's a better title. Though DJ Hero 1 mixes are arguably better.

I never owned the Renegade package. It was way too expensive ($199) when I bought my first DJ Hero bundle (I got the regular version for "a steal" at $100 early on). And then when DJ Hero 2 was being cleared out, I got another regular bundle for $30.

Watching those videos is making me jones for some DJ hero, think I'll pop it in tonight. I would really love this stand but I already have 2 turntables and both games. Guess my lap/coffee table with have to do.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Watching those videos is making me jones for some DJ hero, think I'll pop it in tonight. I would really love this stand but I already have 2 turntables and both games. Guess my lap/coffee table with have to do.[/QUOTE]

you could sell your turntables on Craigslist. that's what i'm doing.

[quote name='dirtyvu']It comes with the upgraded DJ Hero turntable with a carrying case that converts to a stand. The original DJ Hero bundle only had the turntable which means you have to have a desk to play it on (though some people find it okay to play on your lap). I think it's a bit too hard to play on your lap when the difficulty gets higher.

It also come with a double album by Jay-Z and Eminem. And the DJ Hero 1 game. The bundle comes with the original DJ Hero game.

DJ Hero 2 doesn't come with it but you definitely should pick it up because it's a better title. Though DJ Hero 1 mixes are arguably better.

I never owned the Renegade package. It was way too expensive ($199) when I bought my first DJ Hero bundle (I got the regular version for "a steal" at $100 early on). And then when DJ Hero 2 was being cleared out, I got another regular bundle for $30.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the info, I think I'm going to bite for sure now!

[quote name='Yevster']Crap it says out of stock online, i think I waited a bit too long.[/QUOTE]

I just pick one up, so it looks like it is in stock now.

Couldn't find the DJ Hero 2 Software for as cheap as GAR3 noted. If anyone finds it a link would be much appreciated!

Just ordered one for site to store.

I have the games and the party-bundle turntables for PS3, but I've been really wanting to pickup the Renegade Edition because it looks cool.. even if it is for 360.

Thanks!

Thanks OP! I really wanted to check this game out, but I kept missing all the turntable deals that happened through BB and others. This seemed like the perfect time to jump in. Thanks!

Any recommendations on the DLC packs?

Picked up DJ Hero a while ago for like $10, I played it once then never touched it again. I might check out DJ hero 2 since I already got the turntable.

Picked up the :ps3: Renegade Edition off Craigslist a while back for $20, but it didn't have the CD. Very fun game. Just picked up DJ Hero 2 at Fry's for 9.99. Now to get one more turntable and a microphone.

haha. the funny thing is I actually like karaoke games (have lots of Lips and Karaoke Revolution) and I have never tried the microphone thing in DJ Hero 2. is it any good?

[quote name='krashhole']These are back in stock if anyone missed out yesterday.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting it? It says out of stock online for me.

Just refreshed a bunch of times and it says in stock now. I don't have a credit card to use right now, and my debit doesn't have cash on it. I hope this deal is around until tomorrow so I can load up my card :/

[quote name='dirtyvu']It comes with the upgraded DJ Hero turntable with a carrying case that converts to a stand. The original DJ Hero bundle only had the turntable which means you have to have a desk to play it on (though some people find it okay to play on your lap).[/quote]

So is it pretty much the same turntable software wise as the one that comes with DJ Hero 2?

[quote name='midloo']Thanks OP! I really wanted to check this game out, but I kept missing all the turntable deals that happened through BB and others. This seemed like the perfect time to jump in. Thanks!

Any recommendations on the DLC packs?[/QUOTE]

What exactly where the BB deals for these?

And thanks OP, I ended up putting in an order for in-store pickup... Not sure if I will be able to get into it, as I have never really got into any of the guitar heroes or rock bands.

I'm a little confused on what you're asking.

The actual turntable hardware is pretty much the same. It's only cosmetic differences (the renegade has faux gold accents).

The regular DJ Hero 1 bundle just came with the DJ Hero 1 game and the turntable.

The renegade edition also came with the music CD and the carrying case/stand in addition to the turntable and the DJ Hero 1 game.

DJ Hero 2 was a major software upgrade over DJ Hero 1 (it is the sequel).

If you're not into music in general or the sick mash-ups of DJ Hero 1/2, then it's probably not the game for you. If you were never interested in music games before, I don't know if this will convert you. It's the music which attracted me (never was interested in pretending to be a DJ).

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'm a little confused on what you're asking.

The actual turntable hardware is pretty much the same. It's only cosmetic differences (the renegade has faux gold accents).

The regular DJ Hero 1 bundle just came with the DJ Hero 1 game and the turntable.

The renegade edition also came with the music CD and the carrying case/stand in addition to the turntable and the DJ Hero 1 game.

DJ Hero 2 was a major software upgrade over DJ Hero 1 (it is the sequel).

If you're not into music in general or the sick mash-ups of DJ Hero 1/2, then it's probably not the game for you. If you were never interested in music games before, I don't know if this will convert you. It's the music which attracted me (never was interested in pretending to be a DJ).[/QUOTE]

Sorry I meant the turntable hardware, I hadnt slept for 20 hours when I composed the message, lol. I was just wondering cause I know that when it came to accessories like the topshot for Cabela's hunting games had a difference in hardware when the new game bundles came out.

my turntable that came in my DJ Hero 2 bundle appears the same as the turntable in the DJ Hero 1 bundle. never owned the Renegade turntable.

Last year these were at Big Lots for about the same price ($29.99). Great deal for anyone who missed them there. On the downside, you do have to go to a Wal-Mart...

Says it shipped yesterday and i got the email today saying to pick it up. I forget how big this thing is. I love it though. The turntable itself has a glossy finish with fancy gold colored knobs. The case/stand is heavy and appears to be of great quality. Also comes with a double CD (Eminem is disc 1 and Jay Z is disc 2) and some stickers and stuffs. $28 well spent!

be lucky you didn't spend $199 like the early adopters did! :D

I spent $100 for the DJ Hero 1 bundle and $20 for the DJ Hero 2 bundle. Sad that DJ Hero was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It didn't deserve the fate of the music games crash.

Picked up mine yesterday evening, and I have to admit that I'm sorta disappointed.

For starters, the box was fairly beat up and when I got it home... ofcourse the carrying case had dings in it (to the point that the lid doesn't quite fit right, but managed to warp it back into shape). Besides the damage the overall feel of the case is cheap and holding the handle is a pain in the a$$. Only cool part of it is the black and gold turn-table controller.

Not sure if I had been remotely interested in this at full price, and even at the $28 I paid, I would have rather of paid < $20 (channeling my inner cheapa$$).

Picked up mine this evening, and I have to admit that I'm sorta disappointed.

For starters, the box was fairly beat up and when I got it home... ofcourse the carrying case had dings in it (to the point that the lid doesn't quite fit right, but managed to warp it back into shape). Besides the damage the overall feel of the case is cheap and holding the handle is a pain in the a$$. Only cool part of it is the black and gold turn-table controller.

Not sure if I had been remotely interested in this at full price, and even at the $28 I paid, I would have rather of paid < $20 (channeling my inner cheapa$$).

bread's done
Back