Bulletstorm - Xbox 360 - 12.99 on XBL - TODAY ONLY

I wonder how long these daily deals will last. First time I noticed it was yesterday when Dead Space 1 was 25% off. Which made it $15, which was a joke. But 12.99 for Bulletstorm isn't bad.

I'm pretty sure you can find the disc version new for less than $12.99 and even cheaper for used. Still, it's not a bad deal - especially as far as XBLA pricing goes.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']For those that lucked out on it when it was $5 at BB with coupon then $12.99 ISN'T so bad[/QUOTE]

I missed out when it was $5 and $7.99 at BBY. But I bought it when it first came out, played the hell out of it then sold it. So I've already had my fun with it, but this is for anyone that did miss out of the deals for a new copy.

There is also an online pass included with a new disc copy, I don't think these downloads give you that. You can still play online but there are a few extra maps unlocked.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I really enjoyed it, it was something fresh in the world of generic FPS's.[/QUOTE]

I agree, Bulletstorm is a great pure action/arcade style FPS, reminded me of the Serious Sam games, which are among my favorite FPS games of all time. I also really liked the artwork, environments, weapons . . . just overall a great action FPS, a nice change from the usual military-style shooters that are so common.

[quote name='sonnyforple']There is also an online pass included with a new disc copy, I don't think these downloads give you that. You can still play online but there are a few extra maps unlocked.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that most (if not all) applicable "Games on Demand" titles come with any given Online Pass functionality at no additional cost. I've purchased Dragon Age II on sale that way and now Bulletstorm from Games On Demand also. Dragon Age II on there even came with free "The Black Emporium" DLC.

[quote name='KtMack23']This game is great, only FPS shooter campaign I've ever finished because it was actually fun.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Echoes mode yet? I haven't since it warned about spoilers but I'm so tempted to though I swear. Oh well; here's to trying to join your ranks when I beat the Campaign on Normal. XD

This game is SORELY underappreciated. If you enjoy the Gears of War visuals, have a pretty healthy sense of humor and are up for some good old kicking ass....get this game! It was a solid game with very inventive additions to the traditional 3rd person shooter genre, had what I thought was a really intriguing story, memorable characters and....like I said....a wicked sense of humor. I thought about rebuying for $12.

:rofl: OMFG!!!! Watching another gameplay vid on YouTube!! I KNOW I'm going to have fun with this game! "I'll k**l your d***!":whistle2:o:shock::rofl:

[quote name='lostmind69']Have you played Echoes mode yet? I haven't since it warned about spoilers but I'm so tempted to though I swear. Oh well; here's to trying to join your ranks when I beat the Campaign on Normal. XD[/QUOTE]

Nope, I beat the campaign and then traded it back best buy for more than I payed for it. Best -$3 I ever spent.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I wonder how long these daily deals will last. First time I noticed it was yesterday when Dead Space 1 was 25% off. Which made it $15, which was a joke. But 12.99 for Bulletstorm isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Dead space 1 for 15 is a joke but bulletstorm for 13 is a deal?

Hmmmmm

[quote name='confoosious']Dead space 1 for 15 is a joke but bulletstorm for 13 is a deal?

Hmmmmm[/QUOTE]

It's obviously only a deal for people like me who prefer both HDD install and not having to bother with any optical media. I'm glad discs are still the gold standard of course for multiple reasons, but I love downloadable retail titles.

I'm just glad I decided to let someone else make this thread even though I noticed the "deal" before 5 AM Central. I knew it would eventually get the type of response above, but I can understand the wisdom of confoosious!

I've got nothing against bulletstorm. But if it's worth 13, surely dead space, one of the best xbox games ever, is worth $15. That was my point.

[quote name='confoosious']I've got nothing against bulletstorm. But if it's worth 13, surely dead space, one of the best xbox games ever, is worth $15. That was my point.[/QUOTE]

All the more reason I wasn't the one who called it a joke deal. My reply was more of an observation than anything. I honestly just noticed the OP said it, which makes it somewhat ironic (to me anyway). That or maybe he doesn't care for space horror that much I dunno. I'd totally watch a live-action film based on Dead Space, and hell maybe even Bulletstorm if Hollywood wasn't such an epic fail about most game adaptations. Okay sorry... back on topic!

I wanted to like this game but the head bobbing was bad enough for me that I'd get headaches after a few minutes. The only other game that did this was to me was the Perfect Dark XBLA port.

[quote name='Sway']I wanted to like this game but the head bobbing was bad enough for me that I'd get headaches after a few minutes. The only other game that did this was to me was the Perfect Dark XBLA port.[/QUOTE]

Ouch yeah I feel for ya. I have a friend that gets motion sickness from gaming situations like that one. Ironically, I think Duke Nukem Forever of all games has an option to disable "head-bobbing". Or maybe it was Perfect Dark XBLA haha.

Great game. Platinumed it a few months ago. Some over the top action combined with ridiculous dialog made for a very entertaining game. There is one trophy/achievement that requires a shit ton of points in an online game, one of the hardest trophies I ever got. Good luck to anyone trying for 100%!

[quote name='lostmind69']All the more reason I wasn't the one who called it a joke deal. My reply was more of an observation than anything. I honestly just noticed the OP said it, which makes it somewhat ironic (to me anyway). That or maybe he doesn't care for space horror that much I dunno. I'd totally watch a live-action film based on Dead Space, and hell maybe even Bulletstorm if Hollywood wasn't such an epic fail about most game adaptations. Okay sorry... back on topic![/QUOTE]

I didn't think that little comment would start all this.

I meant because of how old Dead Space 1 is 25% off is the best they could do? 9.99 would've made more sense. $15 for a digital Dead Space 1 was why I called it a joke.

Next!

[quote name='TaylorM06']I didn't think that little comment would start all this.

I meant because of how old Dead Space 1 is 25% off is the best they could do? 9.99 would've made more sense. $15 for a digital Dead Space 1 was why I called it a joke.

Next![/QUOTE]

I figured it was something like that, but wasn't sure. Really hating the Internet at times. Thanks for the clarification!

honestly, this was one of the worst games to be put in my xbox.
the multiplayer is boring and the single player is over and done with in 6 hours. the game has no replay value and though a little funny sometimes and very violent it is a huge flop, if it didn't have the gears beta I know for a fact it wouldn't have sold well.

[quote name='usrevenge']honestly, this was one of the worst games to be put in my xbox.
the multiplayer is boring and the single player is over and done with in 6 hours. the game has no replay value and though a little funny sometimes and very violent it is a huge flop, if it didn't have the gears beta I know for a fact it wouldn't have sold well.[/QUOTE]

It didn't sell well enough anyway, if the following link can be trusted at all:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/44609/bulletstorm/

Less than a million units sold worldwide apparently. Possibly one of the main reasons Epic is working on Fortnite for PC (and possibly consoles afterward) rather than a sequel to Bulletstorm. This is merely another observation post.

bread's done
Back