* * * * * 15 votes

OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread - Now Wikified!

#661 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

I can report that the GOTY versions of fallout 4 are vanilla game with voucher for dlc. I opened one of the copies we got in at work to verify.

for the ps4 version can you verify what version number the game is on disc before downloading anything. and if you need to download and update the game, what is the patch file size and version number?..

as this version dont have the dlc on the disk, it dont qualify as a goty, its fallout4 plus dlc voucher. and we have seen ubisoft do a lot of this and call them 'gold editions'...  yet again these companies try to delude what is what when it comes to game releases. as far as i know, the only thing that comes with dlc and patches on disc is 'the complete editions', these are the true goty now days.

#662 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:13 AM

^This is a terrible trend, and it seems like it's increasing recently. I had Little Nightmares "Complete" pre-ordered until I found out that it's just a voucher for the DLC in the case. I immediately returned my "GOTY" copy of Fallout 4 after hearing about it here. Here's to hoping that Resident Evil VII Gold edition doesn't try to pull this BS. Sorry for the rant, but is it so much to ask that we just get a future-proof copy of our games? If I wanted a download code, I would just buy the vanilla game and get the DLC from PSN or XBL!

Rant over.

In other news, has anyone heard anything about a re-release of Rise of the Tomb Raider on XBO? With Scorpio coming soon, it seems like a no-brainer to offer the "20 year celebration" version for Xbox to showcase its 4K capabilities.

#663 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

I can report that the GOTY versions of fallout 4 are vanilla game with voucher for dlc. I opened one of the copies we got in at work to verify.

I assume you are referring to the PS4 version? Tyrok posted in the CE thread that with the Xbox One version all the content is on the disc.

#664 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

I assume you are referring to the PS4 version? Tyrok posted in the CE thread that with the Xbox One version all the content is on the disc.

even reviews for XB1 version on Amazon are confirming xb1 got shafted too, not just PS4

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

#665 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

LEAKED: HZD GOTY listing showed up on Playasia

2nd source

#666 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition have been confirmed at playstation europe official twitter...

now we will have to wait and see if this is a real 'complete edition'.. if it is it should have all the patches, dlc on disc and no more dlc released later...

my bet it is intentional wrongly named to delude people into buying. and what we are dealing with here is a fake goty(vanilla disc with no patches and all dlc voucher) or its gonna be like the blkops3 gold edition with vanilla disc and include the first dlc as voucher(with more dlc released later). just remember Guerrilla Games have never released anything complete or with everything on disc before... i hope i am wrong, but i doubt it... if i am right then this should be named correctly as  'The Frozen Wilds edition'  and not anything else...

HiKHGaT.jpg

#667 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition have been confirmed at playstation europe official twitter...

now we will have to wait and see if this is a real 'complete edition'.. if it is it should have all the patches, dlc on disc and no more dlc released later...

my bet it is intentional wrongly named to delude people into buying. and what we are dealing with here is a fake goty(vanilla disc with no patches and all dlc voucher) or its gonna be like the blkops3 gold edition with vanilla disc and include the first dlc as voucher(with more dlc released later). just remember Guerrilla Games have never released anything complete or with everything on disc before... i hope i am wrong, but i doubt it... if i am right then this should be named correctly as 'The Frozen Wilds edition' and not anything else...

HiKHGaT.jpg

if this implying HZD only getting one expansion and no further support, then it's really sucks.

#668 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:18 AM

if this implying HZD only getting one expansion and no further support, then it's really sucks.

aint 50+ hours of completionist playthrough enough?... and then you can expect at least 20+ hours with the new upcoming dlc.. after all that, its time to start on the next new guerrilla game i think.

#669 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition have been announced. it will be interesting to see what will be on the disc. the season 1&2 pass have already been announced as download code token.

https://www.vg247.co...-overhaul-more/

#670 bill123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

for the ps4 version can you verify what version number the game is on disc before downloading anything. and if you need to download and update the game, what is the patch file size and version number?..

as this version dont have the dlc on the disk, it dont qualify as a goty, its fallout4 plus dlc voucher. and we have seen ubisoft do a lot of this and call them 'gold editions'...  yet again these companies try to delude what is what when it comes to game releases. as far as i know, the only thing that comes with dlc and patches on disc is 'the complete editions', these are the true goty now days.

Sorry guys for delay. I didn't purchase the game so I dont know version numbers and such. I will say that both xbox one and ps4 had voucher codes for the dlc in the case.

55877.png
563306.png

#671 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:48 PM

Guerilla Games confirmed The Frozen Wilds will be HZD one and only expansion.

Let see if they gonna put it on disc for GOTY

#672 bigstew  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Guerilla Games confirmed The Frozen Wilds will be HZD one and only expansion.

Let see if they gonna put it on disc for GOTY

probably unlikely since it releases same date as the dlc, only way is if they finished the expansion before disc production

#673 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3826 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

probably unlikely since it releases same date as the dlc, only way is if they finished the expansion before disc production

The Frozen Wilds comes out on November 7th. Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition comes out on December 6th.

Digital distribution is the death of preservation of the arts.

#674 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

my bet its just a dlc voucher with repacked disc that didn't sell and a new printed cover... companies are so lazy these days.

#675 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

here is a confirmation that the fallout4 goty is a bust and only vanilla disc...

this youtuber is the only one i know of that do it the right way. he include all the info you as a collector and gamer want to hear before buying.. i suggest everyone here that is interested in complete games to subscribe to this guy.

#676 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13055 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

Mad nerd video sums it up. I hate DLC as much as anyone but skipping through the video all he does is cry about the game itself and not why they dislike DLC or even offering up any research as to WHY they chose not to include it on the disc other than cash grab. Any GOTY edition is a cash grab; it's implied that you're just buying the game again but this time with all the DLC. -1/10

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#677 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

As noted in this thread (https://www.cheapass...-2399-with-gcu/), BB has Resident Evil VII Gold for pre-order at $29.99 ($23.99 GCU). Worth a lock-in before/if the price raises (still listed as $49.99 on Amazon).

Includes all the DLC, including the 2 that get released that day...probably via a code though.

#678 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

Hitman Season 1 and Persona 5 announced their GOTY and Ultimate edition respectively today. Sadly, they are digital only.

#679 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3130 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

Seems dumb that Hitman went from digital only episodes to a complete season one disc to digital only GOTY
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#680 GameOverGreggy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1002 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

GameOverGreggy

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hitman Season 1 and Persona 5 announced their GOTY and Ultimate edition respectively today. Sadly, they are digital only.

I think Persona 5 will get another physical release eventually that includes bonus stuff.  Either on PS4 or Switch

#681 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

if this is the new trend forward with no physical release or vouchers only for goty. then i am not buying, it is as simple as that...

#682 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

a updated retail version of Rocket League is being released...

http://www.thexboxhu...christmas-2017/

#683 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   753 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

e5fedbd81622f9e63eef11409008dba4.jpg

On disc GOTY / Complete edition is not dead yet

#684 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

The Surge Complete Edition Coming Early December...

https://www.dualshoc...park-announced/

#685 Idon'tknow  

Idon'tknow

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and forums in general. Wish I had found this site earlier, so many great threads that i'm interested in. I've been hit a few times, assuming that modern games with the GOTY title included everything like they used to.

I love games of all genre, and a good bargain. Any thoughts on what the best true GOTY/Complete games are? must haves etc 

#686 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and forums in general. Wish I had found this site earlier, so many great threads that i'm interested in. I've been hit a few times, assuming that modern games with the GOTY title included everything like they used to.

I love games of all genre, and a good bargain. Any thoughts on what the best true GOTY/Complete games are? must haves etc 

welcome to the forum :)

#687 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

Dead Island Definitive Collection Slaughter Pack.... another release of these games is coming. hopefully they can be arsed to put riptide on disc this time...

Js1HFvG.jpg

after googling a bit i found this info ps4/xbone..

Your Slaughter Pack content:

Dead Island Definitive Edition (on shared disc)
     Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition (on shared disc)
     Dead Island Retro Revenge (Download)
     NEW: Zombie figure 15cm
     NEW: Fan Weapon

http://www.gameware....efinitive uncut

release 24th November 2017

#688 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection.

FEaawVx.jpg?1

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection will include seasons one, two and three (A New Frontier) as well as the anthology 400 Days and the three-part Michonne mini-series. The collection, which will include a visual upgrade for previous seasons, will be released Dec. 5 digitally and on disc. It will be priced at $49.99.

https://www.polygon....on-ps4-xbox-one

#689 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3130 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

Snipperclips is getting a physical release on 11/10. Looks like it's a 'Plus' version with additional content, so it might be definitive.

https://happyholiday...t-out-together/

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6115400

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#690 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

Snipperclips is getting a physical release on 11/10. Looks like it's a 'Plus' version with additional content, so it might be definitive.

https://happyholiday...t-out-together/

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6115400

the question is will they put everything on the card or not...