* * * * * 15 votes

OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread - Now Wikified!

#721 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

#722 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

What is this post for? Am I missing something, I just see a bunch of commas.

#723 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

So is there any reason to buy the gold version of RE7 over the vanilla for those that don't already have it? Is there any paid content on-disc for the gold version?

#724 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:31 PM

So is there any reason to buy the gold version of RE7 over the vanilla for those that don't already have it? Is there any paid content on-disc for the gold version?

Yes. The first three DLC packs. The "banned footage" or whatever they were called, and the "End of Zoe" DLC. They give you some additional background story into the family that involves another victim prior to the main character's arrival and they come with additional play modes, one of them is essentially like a survival mode. 

#725 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Yes. The first three DLC packs. The "banned footage" or whatever they were called, and the "End of Zoe" DLC. They give you some additional background story into the family that involves another victim prior to the main character's arrival and they come with additional play modes, one of them is essentially like a survival mode. 

can you confirm it is on the disc and not a download, like the 'not a hero' dlc??

#726 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13468 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

Wow, it's almost like they held back content to exploit DLC! I'll watch youtube for any additional background story; Fuck off Capcom.

#727 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:06 AM

The Surge Complete Edition Coming Early December...

https://www.dualshoc...park-announced/

Was this to be on disc or digital download only .?

#728 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:05 AM

Was this to be on disc or digital download only .?

Looks to be digital only (for now) maybe a disc edition could come out in Europe or Asia (which I'm hoping for) but nothing so far.

#729 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:24 AM

Looks to be digital only (for now) maybe a disc edition could come out in Europe or Asia (which I'm hoping for) but nothing so far.

Thanks for the response regarding this

#730 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

RE7 Gold unbox video

No code and/or voucher that I can see, other than the pamphlet telling you to download the NaH free dlc. The disc is with the newly printed art as opposed to the vanilla disc. Yup, dlcs are on disc (except NaH)

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#731 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2546 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

can you confirm it is on the disc and not a download, like the 'not a hero' dlc??

The previous DLC is on the disc.  Not a Hero might be a free download, but I can also see that being on the disc as well.

#732 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

Wow, it's almost like they held back content to exploit DLC! I'll watch youtube for any additional background story; Fuck off Capcom.

Not sure I understand what you mean, and I don't think they are being as malicious as you might think. The Not A Hero DLC is free, and the reason it probably isn't on the disc is likely because it wasn't finished and ready to go in time when they sent the content to get it pressed on disc and approved by Sony, which from what I hear, is a fairly rigorous process. 

#733 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

Not sure I understand what you mean, and I don't think they are being as malicious as you might think. The Not A Hero DLC is free, and the reason it probably isn't on the disc is likely because it wasn't finished and ready to go in time when they sent the content to get it pressed on disc and approved by Sony, which from what I hear, is a fairly rigorous process. 

While for this instance I'm more incline to agree with you as to why it the NAH dlc isn't on the disk, that or someone was inept at their job at Capcom(which isn't hard for me to believe) forgot to include it when submitting for authorization and they just don't want to pay/be bothered to go through that process again. 

What I think Jodou was implying, and he can correct me if I'm wrong with this assumption.  It seems almost as all this DLC for this game was actually cut from the main game just to be sold as DLC in the first place.  Which is believable as they have done it before.  Just look up Asura Wrath.

#734 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13468 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:22 PM

What I think Jodou was implying, and he can correct me if I'm wrong with this assumption.  It seems almost as all this DLC for this game was actually cut from the main game just to be sold as DLC in the first place.  Which is believable as they have done it before.  Just look up Asura Wrath.

Yep, pretty much this and they've done it with every game since RE5 IIRC. Jokes on them, I only paid $15 for 7 and can't be fussed about the DLC, so I paid what I feel is fair for an incomplete game and they make no money off DLC from me.

#735 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:28 AM

While for this instance I'm more incline to agree with you as to why it the NAH dlc isn't on the disk, that or someone was inept at their job at Capcom(which isn't hard for me to believe) forgot to include it when submitting for authorization and they just don't want to pay/be bothered to go through that process again. 

Well if that's your point, then yes, I get it. Do we know that banned footage volume 1 and 2 and NAH were completed a long time ago? If they were, then I'm totally with you. I speak with my wallet very time Capcom pulls some fuckery on us if I know it to be true. What they did to us on Streetfighter Vs. Tekken for example. I waited for that game to hit the $15 price point used at Gamestop before I bought it, for example. But I wasn't aware that sort of thing had happened with RE7. I can get behind paid DLC when it is made as a result of the fans asking for it or it's created and added later to help keep a game's online community going or whatever. For example, all of the DLC we got for Dying Light. The devs of that game were overwhelmed with how much everyone loved the game and specifically went back and developed additional campaign content because we asked for more. 

#736 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

Is this the Asia English version of Nioh Complete?

https://www.play-asi...-subs/13/70bnih

It just says "Chinese subs." No mention of English.

#737 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

Is this the Asia English version of Nioh Complete?

https://www.play-asi...-subs/13/70bnih

It just says "Chinese subs." No mention of English.

Email them

#738 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

Steep Winter Games Edition (Xbox One/PS4) Unboxing

the extra content is voucher code for the ps4 and no voucher code for the xbone, but with that said the extra content can come as a patch to download for the xbone, but need confirmation on that... they have also reprinted the the xbone game disc, since there is a change in text and logos on the disc label. the ps4 game disc print is the same as the first game disc release. i wonder if this game didnt sell well on the ps4 in the usa, since they didnt bother to reprint the disc for the ps4, and that is why voucher codes is included. also this can be an only usa release, while in europe there is a new printed disc version without the voucher codes, but this needs to be confirmed..

why this game require an online connection to be played is a bit of a mystery. when we have watch dog2 that also is an open world game where you have a lot of online components, where it can be turned off. so no need to be always online to play the game single player..  i find this  require an online connection in steep as pure bs, and one of the reason i never will buy this game..

#739 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection.

FEaawVx.jpg?1

https://www.polygon....on-ps4-xbox-one

Is there a patch so previous owners of the games can get the Visual upgrades to ?

#740 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

two years later and we have a re-release of MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore... print up some new covers, throw in some paper with dlc codes, and the left over game disc they didn't sell the first time around... and you have.. MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore Official 2017 Track Edition.. f**king pathetic!

#741 ETERNIA FOREVER   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

ETERNIA FOREVER

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:27 AM

Looking like it's possible that ffxv will be getting a complete edition, they are calling it the Royal edition 

http://www.ign.com/a...-listed-by-esrb

#742 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Looking like it's possible that ffxv will be getting a complete edition, they are calling it the Royal edition

Must be the metric system.

#743 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

Very curious to see how SFV Arcade is handled. Up until now it was said to come with a unique download code but there was an article recently (I think on Destructoid) about a copy making it's way into the wild that booted as the Arcade version from disc.

#744 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:28 PM

Figured this was coming. Glad I held out. 

#745 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition (PS4) Unboxing !!

another garbage release, i guess i will have to wait and hope the ultimate edition will be better..

#746 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5785 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition (PS4) Unboxing !!

another garbage release, i guess i will have to wait and hope the ultimate edition will be better..

Would it be possible for you to provide some information in written form seeing as how this is a forum?  I don't want to click on some random video to get information.  Is the arcade edition on the disc or not?

#747 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3841 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

Would it be possible for you to provide some information in written form seeing as how this is a forum?  I don't want to click on some random video to get information.  Is the arcade edition on the disc or not?

You couldn't figure out that it was a code from the words "another garbage release"?

#748 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5785 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

You couldn't figure out that it was a code from the words "another garbage release"?

It's not just a code though.  As I learned from other sites that actually bother to write a description and aren't just trying to force views on an external video, the arcade edition is on the disc.  The code is DLC for characters.  So, it's not a complete release, but it's also not just a vanilla release with a DLC code.  

#749 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

It's not just a code though.  As I learned from other sites that actually bother to write a description and aren't just trying to force views on an external video, the arcade edition is on the disc.  The code is DLC for characters.  So, it's not a complete release, but it's also not just a vanilla release with a DLC code.  

I would call it the vanilla release considering the previous disk was a no more than a early beta in disguise.

Regardless, I for one am done holding out hope for proper release for this one.  SFV is now a pass for me.

#750 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

it says on the back of the box "online connection required to download additional characters and modes" and with that dlc voucher inside, i think that it is revealing of what content you get on the disc, and by the way these 'sites' of yours did anyone check the disc without updating the game and mention what these patches have in them?.. they gives you the usually vague talk about everything is on the disc without going in depth of the release. and the video i posted is the only video on the youtube(as we speak) that shows a unboxing of the game, and that is why i posted it here.. its done by a retailer.  i wonder why these 'sites' of yours didnt do a unboxing, i will tell you why, because these game sites get a digital download code of the game and they dont know anything...

OoRkCBO.jpg