* * * * * 15 votes

OFFICIAL GOTY/Complete/Ultimate/DLC Edition Compilation Thread - Now Wikified!

#871 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

it sure was a bit confusing... anyway we only try to help each other here to figure this out... you have the na version, the same version as the guy i posted a video from right?.. delete everything you have of the old diablo3(not your the save files) then turn off the internet so it cant connect. it will start to install from disc, this can take a while so let it do its job... after its done then go to the game information and see what version number you have of the game. then connect online and see if there is a update coming..

i forgodsake hope there aint two na or eu version of the game out there, one missing everything and one with everything on the disc...

Yea, that's exactly what I did  =\  I went offline, deleted Diablo 3 from my library, and then installed from disc.  I then launched the game while offline still, and saw the Nerco as a playable character.   Even tried deleting/installing offline one more time with my external hdd unplugged, and got the same result - playable Necro (version 1.26)

Yep, I have the NA version of the game.  

#872 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

Yea, that's exactly what I did  =\  I went offline, deleted Diablo 3 from my library, and then installed from disc.  I then launched the game while offline still, and saw the Nerco as a playable character.   Even tried deleting/installing offline one more time with my external hdd unplugged, and got the same result - playable Necro (version 1.26)

Yep, I have the NA version of the game.  

so no download of a patch whats so ever when you did go online and you still got version 1.26. that is very strange, do you know anyone else that have the eternal edition so you can check with them and see if they did get an update or not??...

#873 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

so no download of a patch whats so ever when you did go online and you still got version 1.26. that is very strange, do you know anyone else that have the eternal edition so you can check with them and see if they did get an update or not??...

Nope, no download when I go back online. I don't know anyone else that bought the game :(

#874 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

i found this from amazon.de (google translate german-english)

Let's get to the good news: The Necromancer DLC is already unlocked here, there is no download code.
The bad news: The disc is otherwise 1: 1 identical to the first edition, the game is completely unpatched. So you have to download a 10.5 GB patch to play the DLC at all. What did Blizzard think? It's also not mentioned anywhere on packaging, which Activision has always done. So if you already own the Ultimate Evil Edition, you can save the new purchase of this version here and should rather buy the DLC seperately, because you will not pass the big download anyway.

I do not understand that at all. I buy a current CD (supposedly with all extensions) and must first download 10.5GB, because only the version - Reaper of Souls - is on the CD? What is all this nonsense what Blizzard thought? Maybe nothing? Absolutely wrong! Just wanted to play a bit the new Necromancer and now have to wait for an hour!

source:

https://www.amazon.d...ype=all_reviews

#875 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

Nope, no download when I go back online. I don't know anyone else that bought the game :(

i checked amazon.de and there is two persons there complaining about a 10.5gb download and its only vanilla Reaper of Souls on disc...

#876 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:19 PM

https://www.amazon.c...ype=all_reviews

here from uk

https://www.amazon.c...ype=all_reviews

from na....

#877 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:59 AM

The reviewer from NA Amazon is the same guy that did the Youtube video.  He was using the PAL version.  He retracted his Amazon review and apologized in the comments of his video for the misinformation.  The NA version has on dlc and current patch (1.26) on disc.  The PAL version requires a 10gb patch.

#878 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

The reviewer from NA Amazon is the same guy that did the Youtube video.  He was using the PAL version.  He retracted his Amazon review and apologized in the comments of his video for the misinformation.  The NA version has on dlc and current patch (1.26) on disc.  The PAL version requires a 10gb patch.

yes, i know now... its just sad blizzard had to f**k up the eu version... he have done a new video...

#879 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:29 PM

Has anybody tried any of the Playstation 4 Greatest Hits to see if they come with patches on the disc?

#880 Necremis   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Necremis

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:37 AM

Deleted, posted in wrong thread.

#881 hypodrmage   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

hypodrmage

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:46 AM

Anyone hear anything about if all the content is on the XCOM 2 Collection disc for PS4/Xbox? It just came out but unable to find anything about it.

#882 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1396 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:50 AM

Anyone hear anything about if all the content is on the XCOM 2 Collection disc for PS4/Xbox? It just came out but unable to find anything about it.

For PS4, the coverart on the back stated 2 discs.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#883 hypodrmage   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

hypodrmage

Posted 16 August 2018 - 02:03 AM

That’s a positive sign that it is. Thanks!

#884 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

I confirmed the same for the XBOX One version  of XCOM 2 Collection - 2 discs are included (a "Data" disc and a "Play" disc) stacked on one hub.  

#885 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:18 AM

#886 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:33 AM

Hitman physical re-release with GOTY content, WB as publisher

Per gematsu:
"Please note that a portion of add-on content is not pre-loaded on the Hitman: Definitive Edition disc and requires an internet connection. Additional content is approximately 12 to 24 gigabytes depending on platform."

I can confirm that Hitman: Definitive Edition has LESS content on the disc than the previous disc release (Hitman: The Complete First Season). It is a later version of the game and has PS4 Pro support and 3 extra targets on existing levels. But the entire sixth level (Hokkaido) requires a download. Hokkaido is included on the previous disc release so the so-called Definitive Edition is definity a downgrade.

#887 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:59 PM

Wow Fuck that Hitman re-release.

#888 patcrazystar64   Human Android CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

patcrazystar64

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:58 PM

I saw a GOTY release recently for Shadow of War.  Does anyone know if this DLC on disc or a code in the case?

#889 Slickerrr   From parts unknown CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:14 PM

I saw a GOTY release recently for Shadow of War. Does anyone know if this DLC on disc or a code in the case?

The U.S is a code. Pal version has a separate disc.

#890 goty-collector  

goty-collector

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

Spyro Reignited Trilogy Requiring a download update to play 2 and 3 to the end.

#891 patcrazystar64   Human Android CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

patcrazystar64

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:17 AM

https://www.amazon.c...re+edition&th=1

I'm guessing because of the Internet Required designation, the Marching Fire expansion is a code included with this copy of For Honor.

#892 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 03 November 2018 - 07:53 AM

https://www.amazon.c...re+edition&th=1

I'm guessing because of the Internet Required designation, the Marching Fire expansion is a code included with this copy of For Honor.

All versions of For Honor require a constant internet connection.

#893 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1396 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:33 PM

Nier Automata Game of the [Year] Edition incoming45930f1013b55c57bb8c521457764358.jpg

#894 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:04 PM

I was suckered into buying FFXV's royal edition so I will surely double-dip on this infinitely superior GOTY edition. Things are looking up for a third game or a re-release of the first one!

#895 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:14 PM

Getting reports here in Canada that Middle Earth Shadows of War Definitive Edition has started shipping with 2 discs instead of 1 disc with DLC voucher? Trying to confirm myself before I splurge on the EU copy.

EDIT: Yup 2-disc version re-released in North America. Has a special "2 disk" spine logo. But apparently still need to download an 18GB update!!!

#896 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:06 AM

Over a month later I have information to share about the Middle-Earth: Shadow of War 2-disc edition.

There is a DATA and PLAY disc (like RDR2)

1.00 is on DATA disc

1.16 is on PLAY disc

1.18 needs to be downloaded (18GB)

There is a special "2-disc" logo on spine.

I got mine from amazon.ca

1000x750_smart_fit.jpg

#897 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone know if the Japanese "deluxe" release of Dragon Ball FighterZ has the DLC on disc?

#898 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1396 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:54 PM

Does anyone know if the Japanese "deluxe" release of Dragon Ball FighterZ has the DLC on disc?

Digital only

#899 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:28 PM

^Cool thanks for the quick reply.

#900 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1396 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

AC 3 Remaster getting physical release next month for a "low" price $40; comes with all DLCs and AC Liberation. It is unknown if these will be code or on disc.