Massive game sale at Superstore

kn420994

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This is all over Redflagdeals, but it seems like many Superstore locations are having an unadvertised sale on games. Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition and UFC Undisputed 3 are among the titles that are selling for $15. None of the Superstores near me carry electronics, but hopefully some of you can take advantage of this sale.

All the details are here:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-...ns-xbox-360-ps3-nintendo-ds-ds3d-wii-1204808/

Anyone in Airdrie, AB that could pick up stuff for me, if there's a sale? I'm leaving the province for 2 weeks.

EDIT: looks like there's nothing on sale in calgary area

Never Mind. Called Airdire, AB. The guy told me they're not doing clearance now, and probably won't be for a couple of weeks.

I'm nowhere near mine and I know if I go out there everything will be sniped by those rfders so sadly not even gonna pay attention to this lol.

[quote name='Lockescythe']I'm nowhere near mine and I know if I go out there everything will be sniped by those rfders so sadly not even gonna pay attention to this lol.[/QUOTE]Ditto, not worth going if its been on RFD for at least a day.

Thanks for the heads up, kn420994! If you read through the 18 pages (so far) at RFD it seems YMMV, but I never expected RCSS to turn out to be a place to score a deal now and then. First the MS point card blowout ... what a year ago? ... and now this. Five star.

For kn420994 and any CAG in the Halifax area
, I just left the Portland St location on the Dartmouth side and its indeed happening there. I was told the prices got marked down yesterday. Batman AC GOTY for the 360 wasn't going for $15, but the regular edition of AC for the PS3 was. ME3, BF3, SR3 and UFC Undisputed 3 for $15 were among the standouts. There was plenty of ME3 copies for the 360 and PS3 left, but Undisputed 3 was gone for the 360 and only a few copies left for the PS3. BF3 was only left on the PS3 and SR3 was sold out for both by the time I left. There were also some deals on hardware and accessories. Don't bother with Braemar Dr, Cole Harbour and Barrington St. They don't have electronic departments. Maybe someone else can confirm the Bayers Lake location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, kn420994! If you read through the 18 pages (so far) at RFD it seems YMMV, but I never expected RCSS to turn out to be a place to score a deal now and then. First the MS point card blowout ... what a year ago? ... and now this. Five star.

, I just left the Portland St location on the Dartmouth side an hour ago and its indeed happening there. I was told the prices got marked down yesterday. Batman AC GOTY isn't going for $15, but the regular edition for the PS3 is. ME3, BF3, SR3 and Undisputed 3 for $15 were among the standouts. There was plenty of ME3 copies for the 360 and PS3 left, but Undisputed 3 is gone for the 360 and only a few copies left for the PS3. BF3 was only left on the PS3 and SR3 was sold out for both by the time I left. There were also some deals on hardware and accessories. Don't bother with Braemar Dr, Cole Harbour and Barrington St. They don't have electronic departments. I don't know about the Bayers Lake location. Maybe someone else can confirm.

The Kitchener, Ontario store still has plenty of copies of PS3 and 360 games (a real glut of ME3 for both consoles). I just snagged a copy of Lumines and Ninja Gaiden for Vita for $15 each, so I'm happy.

Thanks a bunch, OP.

I picked up:
Portal 2 - $10
Batman AC - $15
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - $12

All for 360. I'm in WPG.

As far as I know, Shawnessy is the only confirmed location here in Calgary. Here is a list of what sticks out in my head:

Alice
Alpha Protocol
Crackdown 2
Darkness 2
Dead to Rights Retribution
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Fear 3
Fighters Uncaged
Final Fantasy 13-2
Hunter: The Demon`s Forge
Kinectimals
LA Noire
Mafia 2
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Mass Effect 3
Nier
Red Dead Redemption(undead expansion and the stand alone, original release)
Red Faction
Resonance of Fate
Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster
Shadows of the Damned
Spider Man Web of Shadows
Spider Man Shattered Dimension
Soul Calibur
SSX
Super Street Fighter IV
Two Worlds
UFC (they had a few different versions, 2010, 2012)

PS3
Blur
Bulletstorm
DC Universe Online
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
De Blob 2
Eye Pet
God of War Collection
Grand Turismo 5 Prologue
Infamous
Iron Man 2
Lost Planet 2
Medal of Honor
Mod Nation Racers
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Resistance Double Pack
Splinter Cell HD Collection
Sports Champions
Tron

DS
Mario 64 DS

3DS

Dream Trigger 3D
Ghost Recon
Star Fox 64 3D
Steel Diver
Shinobi
Sims

Wii
Mario Tennis Metroid Other M
Punch Out
Wii Resort

Vita
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

PSP
Fat Princess
Harry Potter
Little Big Planet
Resistance Retribution

Hardware
360 Rechargeable Battery Pack

If I recall any others I`ll update the above list.

In quebec, they liquidated all there games over a year and a half ago(maybe more). that was a crazy sale. So it may not be nationwide.

Side note, if anyone gets any psp vita games, or 3ds, and wants to sell or trade some games... let me know.

Talked to a csr at Kanata RCSS. They said there was already a sale a few weeks ago and nothing really of a mention of another clearnace.

This is what they said, but i really doubt the one a few weeks ago was it. They have waaaaaay too much stock to simply say there is not gonna be another one before big games come out.

Damn, I went to the superstore in Brampton last week to pick up a prescription and went by the games section and there was hardly anything left for ps3, wasnt anything on sale then either.

Now that theres a sale, I doubt anything is left since its been posted on Hoard Flag Deals, but will update when I check it out later.

30 pages on RFD. I think I'll just stay home and enjoy this chocolate strawberry banana milkshake I made.

[quote name='VetraX']30 pages on RFD. I think I'll just stay home and enjoy this chocolate strawberry banana milkshake I made.[/QUOTE]

RFD spoils certain deals with casuals hoarding games for reselling, but I wouldn't count myself out on this one just yet. You gotta look around and ask.

I just came back from the Brampton SuperStore. Just like when I went in last week, some games were there, some weren't.

Most, if not everything was $10 or close to $10 for single games.

I picked up the Sly Collection (last copy) for $10, but also picked up a copy of GoW III, since it was also $10 and it was the initial release edition (not greatest hits). They had like 10 copies of god of war.

Was hoping to pick up either LBP GoTY edition, and Infamous 1 but neither of them were there (then again the brampton location never had them before either when I usually went for groceries).

Twisted Metal was still $60 also, bummer.

I generally look for first party games on Nintendo and Sony consoles, but they were wiped out for the most part or not on sale.

I asked one of the electronics guy if they might restock, which they generally were at the time, (ALOT of wii games).

Some highlights I saw at the store:
Fallout New Vegas $10
R&C Tools of Destruction $10
GoW III $10
Oblivion (TES IV) $10
Dead Space 2 $10
Resistance Dual collection (I think it was either $12 or $15)

There were some decent games, definitely some great deals, alot was gone but this location never had much ever since it moved the electronics section to the back of the store (2 months ago).

Guys don't let RFD hoard these games this early in this deal! Please go and visit to see if theres anything left, and talk with the CSR. They may restock.
No offence to RFD, I feel that games deserved to be played and enjoyed, not trapped in resellers hands or casual gamers that build massive backlogs that they have no intention of getting to.

Can confirm with RFD post, not on sale in Chilliwack, BC. Dang.

Apparently Grandview location in Vancouver was good this morning.

[quote name='telepathy']Went by kanata, found nothing marked down yet.

from reading RFD it's inevitable for any store that has been renovated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the updates on RFD telepathy. Hopefully Kanata decides to start the sale soon =)

[quote name='telepathy']I hope I don't have to fight with the sharks when i get to the store gsrce.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you'll be there before me. It takes me a good 45 minutes to get there. Luckily all I want are DS/3DS games.

picked up following games for $15:

SSX
Ridge Racer Unbound
Street Fighter X Tekken
Dirt 3
Syndicate
Ninja Gaiden 3

Fear 3 for $10 and Dragon Age 2 for $12

I just want street fighter x tekken (even though it sucks), mortal kombat, and ultimate marvel.
I would consider other games but rly, i dont play anything else. (Graces disc getting rly dusty)

Funny thing is, tomorrow is "no tax day" at superstore in ontario. I bet some people had to make the decision of either saving on tax and getting leftover scraps, or ignoring tax and just getting the best and first pick.

i would like to point out that the only the stores that are downsizing their games section are holding this sale. As of now the only store in the gvr area holding the clearance is the grandview location. i called both richmond and burnaby locations today and the sales are not happening there.

[quote name='gsrce']Luckily all I want are DS/3DS games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, I really want to get my hands on some cheap pokeymans! Rumble, Platinum. I really hope they're in stock tomorrow morning.

Just to remind you guys so you aren't dissapointed like me:

Twisted Metal wasn't on sale. Starhawk was 39.99, but I already got that launch day.

What a fucking score, once I finally found an employee to open up the cabinets for me. Here's what I picked up:

All for $130, tax included. THANK YOU for sharing this awesome deal, kn420994!

Nice haul, dotCody. Bulletstorm for $7 is a deal I'd have liked to see. I've got to keep checking, as they're repeatedly putting stuff out, it seems.

[quote name='refinedsugar']Thanks for the heads up, kn420994! If you read through the 18 pages (so far) at RFD it seems YMMV, but I never expected RCSS to turn out to be a place to score a deal now and then. First the MS point card blowout ... what a year ago? ... and now this. Five star.

, I just left the Portland St location on the Dartmouth side an hour ago and its indeed happening there. I was told the prices got marked down yesterday. Batman AC GOTY isn't going for $15, but the regular edition for the PS3 is. ME3, BF3, SR3 and Undisputed 3 for $15 were among the standouts. There was plenty of ME3 copies for the 360 and PS3 left, but Undisputed 3 is gone for the 360 and only a few copies left for the PS3. BF3 was only left on the PS3 and SR3 was sold out for both by the time I left. There were also some deals on hardware and accessories. Don't bother with Braemar Dr, Cole Harbour and Barrington St. They don't have electronic departments. I don't know about the Bayers Lake location. Maybe someone else can confirm.[/QUOTE]

Bayers Road has an electronics center .. but i doubt i'll get anyhing good now :cry:

Went to Brampton/Steeles location. Not much there. LA Noire was 7 bucks though.

I bet EB and video game heavy companies are holding their breath to see next week's video game sales numbers.

I have a feeling people will be buying games off craigslist, or playing the cheap games they just bought. Especially when you consider the Steam sale - I don't think they'll be making too much money this week.

Edit: If anyone knows a location in the GTA area that has SSX or the new MK please do let me know. I'll drive out and I'm also monitoring this thread.

does anyone know if the newmarket location is holding this sale? or if they even have an electronic section? I have never in my life stepped foot in any superstore locations...so any info is appreciated :)

I was coming home from an overnight shift and hit the Shawnessey Superstore in Calgary at around 7:30 AM on Saturday morning.

Saw the lone bin and checked it out. After digging like a mad man in-front of a few middle-aged housewives that passed by I "decided" to grab the following for 360:

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom - $12
Alice - $10
Crysis 2 - $10
Devil May Cry Collection - $15
Kingdoms of Amalur - $15
L.A. Noire - $7
Mortal Kombat - $12
Red Faction - $10
Shadows of the Damned - $10
Spiderman Shattered - $15
Street Fighter X Tekken - $15

Now initially I had an even bigger pile to buy but suddenly came down with hoarders guilt. (And the revelation that my shared credit card with the wife said $130 at Superstore...but there would be no food in the fridge)

Tempted to get but didn't:

Call of Juarez Cartel - $12
Soul Caliber 5 - $15
Spiderman Edge of Time - $12
ME3 to hoard - $15
Fable 3 - $12
Resistance 3 (PS3) - $15
Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $15
Assassins Creed Revelations -$15
Hunted - $10
Megamind - $10
Resonance of Fate - $10
Fear 3 - $10
Crackdown 2 - $10

I walked all the way over to the games section and it was in the midst of an overhaul. A stack of 8 games were on the counter ready to be added to the big bin across the store.

The self-checkout was down so I had to wait at the checkout with a giant stack of games between people buying groceries. Awkward.

[quote name='saikisen']RFD spoils certain deals with casuals hoarding games for reselling, but I wouldn't count myself out on this one just yet. You gotta look around and ask.

I just came back from the Brampton SuperStore. Just like when I went in last week, some games were there, some weren't.

Most, if not everything was $10 or close to $10 for single games.

I picked up the Sly Collection (last copy) for $10, but also picked up a copy of GoW III, since it was also $10 and it was the initial release edition (not greatest hits). They had like 10 copies of god of war.

Was hoping to pick up either LBP GoTY edition, and Infamous 1 but neither of them were there (then again the brampton location never had them before either when I usually went for groceries).

Twisted Metal was still $60 also, bummer.

I generally look for first party games on Nintendo and Sony consoles, but they were wiped out for the most part or not on sale.

I asked one of the electronics guy if they might restock, which they generally were at the time, (ALOT of wii games).

Some highlights I saw at the store:
Fallout New Vegas $10
R&C Tools of Destruction $10
GoW III $10
Oblivion (TES IV) $10
Dead Space 2 $10
Resistance Dual collection (I think it was either $12 or $15)

There were some decent games, definitely some great deals, alot was gone but this location never had much ever since it moved the electronics section to the back of the store (2 months ago).

Guys don't let RFD hoard these games this early in this deal! Please go and visit to see if theres anything left, and talk with the CSR. They may restock.
No offence to RFD, I feel that games deserved to be played and enjoyed, not trapped in resellers hands or casual gamers that build massive backlogs that they have no intention of getting to.[/QUOTE]

did they have battlefield 3?

[quote name='rmatheso']I was coming home from an overnight shift and hit the Shawnessey Superstore in Calgary at around 7:30 AM on Saturday morning.

Saw the lone bin and checked it out. After digging like a mad man in-front of a few middle-aged housewives that passed by I "decided" to grab the following for 360:

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom - $12
Alice - $10
Crysis 2 - $10
Devil May Cry Collection - $15
Kingdoms of Amalur - $15
L.A. Noire - $7
Mortal Kombat - $12
Red Faction - $10
Shadows of the Damned - $10
Spiderman Shattered - $15
Street Fighter X Tekken - $15

Now initially I had an even bigger pile to buy but suddenly came down with hoarders guilt. (And the revelation that my shared credit card with the wife said $130 at Superstore...but there would be no food in the fridge)

Tempted to get but didn't:

Soul Caliber 5 - $15
Spiderman Edge of Time - $12
ME3 to hoard - $15
Fable 3 - $12
Resistance 3 (PS3) - $15
Battlefield 3 (PS3) - $15
Assassins Creed Revelations -$15
Hunted - $10
Megamind - $10
Resonance of Fate - $10
Fear 3 - $10
Crackdown 2 - $10

I walked all the way over to the games section and it was in the midst of an overhaul. A stack of 8 games were on the counter ready to be added to the big bin across the store.

The self-checkout was down so I had to wait at the checkout with a giant stack of games between people buying groceries. Awkward.[/QUOTE]

Aw, so they did have Amalur and MK. Guess I should have gone earlier. Has anyone in Calgary checked out the Southport Road Superstore (Macleod Trail)?

Just checked out Milton, they have all the games in 2 shopping carts and a bin. The rep said they're bringing out a table to better organize. Lots of games but didn't see any of the heavy hitters, but I was in a rush to really sift through it, maybe I'll check it out a bit later.

My tiny score:
Rhythm heaven fever 10$
Professor Layton: Last Spectre 10$

Those prices are great, too bad I'm not interested in anything! Highly recommend people pick up Resonance of Fate for $10 though 0_0 If only systems were on sale...I want a pink 3DS so bad. :p

just Called Bayers Road Joseph Howe Superstore asking if any of Kingdoms Of Amalaur Reckoning was in along with Devil May Cry Collection and Portal 2 i got a big Fat NOPE for all three and the sale started on a THURSDAY of all days to hold a sale ... people probably hoarded a bunch anyways. the guy said they sold quite abit. god damn it if i only knew this sooner. :cry:

Yeah, I think the only systems they're clearing out are PSPs ($65). You could grab some cheap qualifiers and get the hardware bump at EB for a pink 3DS? ;)

Also, I'm fairly certain Resonance of Fate is $15. Still a good deal, though.

[quote name='TronB']Those prices are great, too bad I'm not interested in anything! Highly recommend people pick up Resonance of Fate for $10 though 0_0 If only systems were on sale...I want a pink 3DS so bad. :p [/QUOTE]

Picked up;
Street Fighter X Tekken
Alice Madness Returns
Resident Evil Mercs
De Blob 2
Rayman Origins
Pokepark 2

[quote name='rmatheso']Tempted to get but didn't:

[/QUOTE]

That is the best $12 bucks you've ever saved.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']just Called Bayers Road Joseph Howe Superstore asking if any of Kingdoms Of Amalaur Reckoning was in along with Devil May Cry Collection and Portal 2 i got a big Fat NOPE for all three and the sale started on a THURSDAY of all days to hold a sale ... people probably hoarded a bunch anyways. the guy said they sold quite abit. god damn it if i only knew this sooner. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I thought about heading over there yesterday, but not knowing if they had an electronics dept or not, killed that idea pretty quickly.

[quote name='rmatheso']digging like a mad man in-front of a few middle-aged housewives that passed by...[/QUOTE]
Haha, I had a soccer mom walk by while I was hunting/organizing/piling, she picked up a couple games, put them down and left.

[quote name='rmatheso']Tempted to get... ME3 to hoard - $15[/QUOTE]
[quote name='rmatheso']ME3 to hoard[/QUOTE]
[quote name='rmatheso']to hoard[/QUOTE]
[quote name='rmatheso']hoard[/QUOTE]
:shame:

[quote name='rmatheso']The self-checkout was down so I had to wait at the checkout with a giant stack of games between people buying groceries. Awkward.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Picked up;
Street Fighter X Tekken
Alice Madness Returns
Resident Evil Mercs
De Blob 2
Rayman Origins
Pokepark 2[/QUOTE]

This is my brother, he forgot Nintendogs and Cats: French Bulldog, The Legendary Starfy, and Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars :lol:

Also the prices and platforms were:

$15 Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond (Wii)
$15 Street Fighter x Tekken (XBox 360)
$12 The Legendary Starfy (DS)
$12 Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog (3DS) :lol:
$12 Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
$10 Alice: Madness Returns (XBox 360)
$10 Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)
$10 Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (3DS)
$7 De Blob 2 (XBox 360)

I was tempted to get:
$15 Kingdoms of Amalaur: Reckoning (XBox 360)
$15 Resonance of Fate (XBox 360)
$15 The Syndicate (XBox 360)
$15 Hunted: The Demon's Forge (Xbox 360)
$15 007: Goldeneye Reloaded (XBox 360)
$15 SSX (XBox 360)
$15 Spiderman: Edge of Time (Xbox 360)
$15 Soul Caliber V (
XBox 360)
$15 Final Fanstasy XIII-2 (XBox 360)
$12 Steel Diver (3DS)
$12 Shinobi (3DS)
$12(?) Need for Speed: The Run (3DS)
$12(?) Pro Evolution Soccer 3D (3DS)
$12(?) FIFA Soccer 12 (3DS)
$12 Spiderman: Edge of Time (?) (3DS)
$10 Super Street Fighter IV (XBox 360)

Wanted, but weren't in stock:
Pokémon Rumble (3DS)
Pokémon Platinum (3DS)
Devil May Cry HD Collection (XBox 360)
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (XBox 360)

Can anybody recommend any of the games from my "tempted to get" list?

bread's done
Back