The Art of Portal 2 [Artbook] - CANCELLED FOR NOW (Moved to 2013)

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
artportal2.png

The Art of Portal 2 - $22.19

Cancelled (Will be resolicited in 2013)

Maybe they're making a comprehensive Portal art book?

===============================================

• Hardcover: 184 pages
  • Publisher: Dark Horse

Book description:

A thrilling look at one of the most popular video games ever! The Guardian said it was "an astonishing experience." GameSpy called it "a near-perfect example of what can happen when all of the elements of modern game design are combined to create a beautifully cohesive whole." Now, Valve and Dark Horse pull back the curtain to give you a backstage tour of one of the most innovative video games of the decade! The Art of Portal 2 walks you through the visual evolution of the award-winning game, from concept to completion, with never-before-seen concept art and insights from the writers and artists behind the Portal series.
Recently revealed at Comic-Con 2012, The Art of Portal 2 will house some of the exquisite digital artwork and paintings done for the Portal game series. Lock in your preorders before the price rises!

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh sorry to bring this from the depths but amazon just cancelled my preorder

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Valve "The Art of Portal 2"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:
i ordered as soon as it appeared too. anyone else get boned?

Yeah, it happened to a lot of people, at all online outlets. Either the artbook is cancelled completely, or it's been pushed back enough that they decided to clear it out of their system.

I noticed the book's complete disappearance from Amazon today myself (it was in my wishlist). Went to Dark Horse's website after that and found that it's completely missing from their list of upcoming books. Really curious about what happened here...

[quote name='IanKazimer']Thanks for the post, man. Preordered that real hard.[/QUOTE]

great find

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blueshinra']I noticed the book's complete disappearance from Amazon today myself (it was in my wishlist). Went to Dark Horse's website after that and found that it's completely missing from their list of upcoming books. Really curious about what happened here...[/QUOTE]

not good.

Thanks for the update guys. It would be nice if they made this into a comprehensive The Art of Portal (Series) book.

Only time will tell.

bread's done
Back