No more WB Rewards??

Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
WBIR_HappyFeetTwo_StreetDateEmail_01.jpg

Dear Valued Member,

WB Insider Rewards is concluding as a rewards program beginning July 29, 2012 and will be partnering with the WB Shop to fulfill all remaining rewards.

We recognize that our rewards catalog has not been available to you for some time. After August 1, 2012, members with enough points to qualify for a reward will be provided with instructions to redeem their rewards at WBshop.com. Rewards will include a selection of great Warner Bros. Blu-ray™ and DVD titles. The more points in your account, the more rewards you will be eligible for!

Don't miss out! Log in and add points from your Warner Bros. Blu-ray and DVD purchases by midnight PST, July 29, 2012. Just enter the codes from the inserts included in your Blu-rays and DVDs. To see a list of qualifying titles, please click here. You can also send us your movie tickets for qualifying Warner Bros. movies by July 29th, 2012. Click here for details*.

Insider Rewards members are an incredible community of enthusiastic and active fans. We appreciate your participation in the program and we are dedicated to continuing to provide you with special offers and exclusives from Warner Bros. Be on the lookout for more information about your rewards in the coming weeks.

Best,
The WB Insider Rewards Team

*** Update:

Dear Valued Insider Rewards Member,

Even though WB Insider Rewards has officially concluded, we want to thank you for supporting us! Be on the lookout for an email next week with a reward for being a WB Insider Rewards Member.

Unfortunately, please note that all discounts associated with WB Insider rewards are no longer in effect. Discounts on WBshop.com purchases (including discounts on Warner Archive Collection products, merchandise and other Blu-rays and DVDs) and discounts on WB VIP Tours will no longer be applied to future orders.

Best,

WB Insider Rewards Team

M

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably some cost-cutting move of theirs, since it costs money to run a program like that.

I'd suggest printing/checking the list in question and enter in all the valid titles and movie ticket information by midnight on the 29th, and then go shopping on August 1st.

[quote name='shrike4242']Probably some cost-cutting move of theirs, since it costs money to run a program like that.

I'd suggest printing/checking the list in question and enter in all the valid titles and movie ticket information by midnight on the 29th, and then go shopping on August 1st.[/QUOTE]

That's my current plan. Very unfortunate that this is happening, but there's a lot of things on WBShop.com.. way more than was in the rewards catalog.

[quote name='Scorch']That's my current plan. Very unfortunate that this is happening, but there's a lot of things on WBShop.com.. way more than was in the rewards catalog.[/QUOTE]The list is pretty comprehensive, with a "this works" and "this doesn't work" section.

Print it out or pull it up on-screen, pull the codes out of the movies in question, rinse, repeat.

wb rewards was abused to the tuned of tens of thousands when they had a glitch that allowed people to get tons of high valued Blus for just a few points. One member at Blu-ray.com particularly had the nerve to post his haul which had tons of gift sets and other high valued items. They took it down soon after that, and I'm sure it's the reason they shut it down for good.

Take a look at this thread for more evidence of this disgusting behavior:

http://slickdeals.net/f/3982118-FREE-Blu-ray-Boxsets-for-Warner-Reward-Members?

some pics:

attachment.php

Guys, you want to know what happened, I can tell you. A bunch of douche bags on the Blu-ray.com forum site found a glitch in the program. They abused the hell out of it and that cost WB thousands of dollars. They shut down redemption so they wouldn't lose more money and now they're shuttering the whole program. Look at this link, scroll down some to the pictures.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195914&page=18

[quote name='ssjmichael']wb rewards was abused to the tuned of tens of thousands when they had a glitch that allowed people to get tons of high valued Blus for just a few points. One member at Blu-ray.com particularly had the nerve to post his haul which had tons of gift sets and other high valued items. They took it down soon after that, and I'm sure it's the reason they shut it down for good.

Take a look at this thread for more evidence of this disgusting behavior:

http://slickdeals.net/f/3982118-FREE-Blu-ray-Boxsets-for-Warner-Reward-Members?[/QUOTE]

You got it in before me.

Here's another link, this may be the one you're talking about:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195914&page=15

[quote name='ssjmichael']This was the pic I saw

n6dw5i.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the one from my second link. Look at the mail bin that the mailman had to deliver them in...it isn't even big enough for all the envelopes when they're EMPTY! fucking outrageous. Here I am with just over 1k points so I guess I won't be able to redeem anything before the program ends. :(

[quote name='doodmandood']That's hilarious, but reeeeally awful for those with actual points.[/QUOTE]

You're telling me...I've got over 6000 legitimate points on my account. Hopefully the deals on August 1st are nifty, but if they aren't, I won't hold a grudge against WB as it was a free program and not their fault, for the most part.

[quote name='Blaster man']Guys, you want to know what happened, I can tell you. A bunch of douche bags on the Blu-ray.com forum site found a glitch in the program. They abused the hell out of it and that cost WB thousands of dollars. They shut down redemption so they wouldn't lose more money and now they're shuttering the whole program. Look at this link, scroll down some to the pictures.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195914&page=18[/QUOTE]
I was around for that glitch and it wasn't just blu-ray.com. There were threads here and on slickdeals (an especially massive one on slickdeals) talking about how to take advantage of the glitch too.

I placed an order for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles box set the very day they closed down this program. My legit rewards were taken & I was left with a coupon that wouldn't apply to anything. Eventually I was given my rewards back. I was also given a free dvd box set that I am still waiting to receive in the mail.

All of this without having to send one email or letter. It is a shame that WB was taken advantage of.

M

Well, that certainly explains why it was taken away. Wow, the greed of some people to exploit a mistake is truly sickening sometimes.

I loved how every one of those fuckers prefaced by saying "They won't do anything and it's NOT going to ruin anything for anyone"

Was any action taken against the ones who took advantage of the mistakes in the system like the one above? If not, then no wonder it was beaten into the ground.

I personally think a person is as low as dirt if he does such a thing, but that's humanity for you - let them get away with it and many of 'em will see no reason not to do it.

I hope that guy that posted that pic has his place broken into and they steal all that. Hope karma really bites that fucker in the ass.

[quote name='outcastjon']It sucks that they are not accepting ticket stubs to The Dark Knight Rises.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.
Once they sent that email I went to go check. Boo!

[quote name='outcastjon']It sucks that they are not accepting ticket stubs to The Dark Knight Rises.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are! just pick a different movie like sherlock homes 2 from the list.

Wow, what assholes. And then they post pictures to brag about it? Those people are the reason why we can't have nice things.

That being said, meh... The WB Insider Rewards program was worthless anyway, largely because WB never seemed fully committed to it. I don't even know how many WB titles I have in my collection that didn't come with a code/points, but I know that they far outnumber those that did. It was totally inconsistent what would come with points and what wouldn't. For those points that I did manage to build up, I never found anything on their list that I particularly wanted to redeem them for. It had great potential as an idea, but they never carried it far enough to make it worth bothering.

Went through my remaining blu-rays that I haven't opened and redeemed their point codes. Got up to 4200 (got 450 just from the LOTR EE Trilogy, cool)... hopefully they have something decent next week.

Went through mine and ended up with a grand total of 1850 points up from the 950 that was banked there. As usual the buttheads ruined it for those who do things the honest way.

Went through my unopened ones and racked up a good amount of points, like 4000 but more importantly I finally used and redeem the digital copies of the movies. Some of them said it was expired but it worked! My LoTR EE say it'll expire 7/26/2012 so I made sure to redeem that.

Also I searched and found out that glitch was there for awhile, like a year before it was posted on blu-ray and SD and here or what not. I'm guessing it was glitched since the beginning. That whole insider rewards site was glitched. I've ordered or tried to order some things from there before and had problems plus it took awhile to get responses from emails and such. But I guess I'll miss it.

Did some searching around and found this: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=48425888&postcount=5652

attachment.php

attachment.php

Damn.

bah, 3 of my movies on the list don't have any code inside (Wizard of Oz, Watchmen: DC, Trick r' Treat) . Is there some procedure to follow to get credit for them or am I just SOL?

[quote name='guardian_owl']bah, 3 of my movies on the list don't have any code inside (Wizard of Oz, Watchmen: DC, Trick r' Treat) . Is there some procedure to follow to get credit for them or am I just SOL?[/QUOTE]

SOL.

Usually any of their movies with DC works. Other than that just look at the list provided in the op.

M

I have at least 5000 points to redeem. It just keeps telling me "cannot create WBID" or "cannot update WBID."

I'm starting to get angry. I'm going to go see the Dark Knight Rises again tonight. I'm going to buy a ticket for Spiderman and then sneak in to Dark Knight out of spite. Warner Bros is pissing me off right now.

I guess they meant to say midnight PST July 28th. Not fucking midnight PST July 29th.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I have at least 5000 points to redeem. It just keeps telling me "cannot create WBID" or "cannot update WBID."

I'm starting to get angry. I'm going to go see the Dark Knight Rises again tonight. I'm going to buy a ticket for Spiderman and then sneak in to Dark Knight out of spite. Warner Bros is pissing me off right now.

I guess they meant to say midnight PST July 28th. Not fucking midnight PST July 29th.[/QUOTE]

It's really not that serious.
The site let's me log in fine.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']It's really not that serious.
The site let's me log in fine.[/QUOTE]

Hey, let's watch it with those unneeded apostrophes. The English language lets us use them only when necessary. :cool:

[quote name='eastx']Hey, let's watch it with those unneeded apostrophes. The English language lets use use them only when necessary. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Hey, let's watch it with those unneeded e's. The English language lets us use them only when necessary. ;)

[quote name='eastx']Hey, let's watch it with those unneeded apostrophes. The English language lets us use them only when necessary. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You're pretty useless to this website. In other words, in all the years i've been here I've yet to see you add anything of value. That is all.

When I try to log in, it takes me to another screen to accept the terms and click continue. It do so, and it just says "could not update WBID user." I tried a couple different browsers and it's the same shit.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You're pretty useless to this website. In other words, in all the years i've been here I've yet to see you add anything of value. That is all.[/QUOTE]

That's funny. I only run the Steam and Windows Phone deal threads, as well as countless discussion topics. That's on top of commenting on numerous deals and making a fair number of trades. Who the heck are you?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']When I try to log in, it takes me to another screen to accept the terms and click continue. It do so, and it just says "could not update WBID user." I tried a couple different browsers and it's the same shit.[/QUOTE]

Did you already create an account prior to the announcement of shutting down? If you didn't I would imagine they are cutting off any outsiders. If not, I would try to e-mail them or hit them up on their Twitter (http://twitter.com/wbinsider) page ASAP.

I logged in about an hour ago and redeemed my steelbook Batman's along with a forgotten HP movie. The site shows the point redemption system is down, but if you click on the left where it says "Get Your Points", you can still enter them.

However, the rewards catalog is empty. When you close it, there are instructions to redeem your coupon on the wb shop site, but I don't see any coupons.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I have at least 5000 points to redeem. It just keeps telling me "cannot create WBID" or "cannot update WBID."

I guess they meant to say midnight PST July 28th. Not fucking midnight PST July 29th.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a glitch. I logged in fine. Thanks though, I didn't think we could redeem Dark Knight Rises tickets. Glad I still had my stub.

bread's done
Back