NCAA Football 13 $39.99 Amazon 360/PS3

[quote name='tightclaws']Has gotten some pretty poor reviews. I'm not surprised, only so many times you can sell the same horse witn new shoes.[/QUOTE]

It's also gotten some pretty good ones. I'd give it a C+/B-, it's a solid game.

It has it's flaws like most EA games, but this is a good value at $40. The season hasn't even started, I bet it keeps a $30+ TIV for awhile. At least until after Madden has been released.

[quote name='tightclaws']Has gotten some pretty poor reviews. I'm not surprised, only so many times you can sell the same horse witn new shoes.[/QUOTE]
They do it every year...twice if you count madden.
And now it looks like they're doing the same thing to Battlefield.

That doesn't mean too much. Last year Gamespot's reviewer called the shaky route lines in a loud stadium a glitch, and sports game reviews in general don't tell people much about lasting appeal since they very likely only spent a small amount of time with the product and there are many different types of sports fans. I don't mean the sport in question, I mean regarding whether or not someone is interested in a single player to control, a long simulation type dynasty spanning decades, or just playing online in general. Some people are into all three, but they most likely bought the game already.

Also, like fighting games, it takes a while to see the depth of both intricate things and flawed things such as exploits, so these reviews can't really touch on everything just yet. Still, if someone is a fan of the sport and has enjoyed past games, this corrects some of the most annoying issues of the past few years.

It's not a total improvement either, but I think it's probably the best NCAA release this generation overall, despite the removal of draft class imports (which is the fault of the new Madden team's direction).

Not surprise game had a quick price drop. It really is an update of 2012, nothing new except the passing which I like. Game is also easy, seems like the ai cant stop the corner post and quick slant route. Also nobody at 99 irks me, Barkley and bell should be 99.

It has issues with freezing on both systems. I returned my copy because I couldn't enter Dynasty without it freezing up. Installing it did not help and neither did some of the workarounds i've seen mentioned.Not everyone has experienced this issue but quite a few have

Bought it, played it, didn't like it, traded it in to Best Buy for a few cents less than the $45 I paid for it on Amazon. I can see how people like it, but once again I got suckered in to the "you-know-I-haven't-played-a-football-game-for-a-while-so-I-guess-I'll-buy-the-new-NCAA" mentality.

Probably a good game, but I recently got NCAA 12 for $9.99 and Madden 12 for $9.99. Those will keep me busy for a while until I can get the updated versions for a similar price.

Thought this was the best NCAA in several seasons. Experienced the freeing once on dynasty when trying to load a game....tried a successful work around by not selecting a team, then letting it load and selecting my team at kickoff. Haven't seen it since so far.

[quote name='finstersucks']Not surprise game had a quick price drop. It really is an update of 2012, nothing new except the passing which I like. Game is also easy, seems like the ai cant stop the corner post and quick slant route. Also nobody at 99 irks me, Barkley and bell should be 99.[/QUOTE]

What price drop? Amazon had this preordered for $44.99. A third party selling for a dollar less is not a price drop.

All of the negative reviews I have read for this seem to be based off some game freezing issue it has. Still, when you can get Madden 13 for $35 why bother?

The best NCAA 13 yea but not by much... EA doesn't make much changes to there football games and everyone know that... NCAA keep me busy until madden 13 comes out but most of the stuff won't be fix anyways... The blocking is still gonna be broking, you can still rocket catch and glitches etc. I wish they would fix most of the crap but that's why I ain't gonna pay full price for that game or any sports games anymore...

[quote name='musha666']Still, when you can get Madden 13 for $35 why bother?[/QUOTE]

...link on that?

[quote name='smallsharkbigbite']Probably a good game, but I recently got NCAA 12 for $9.99 and Madden 12 for $9.99. Those will keep me busy for a while until I can get the updated versions for a similar price.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing here. Cant stand paying full price for new updated years.

[quote name='apterous']...link on that?[/QUOTE]
I assume he is talking about a BBy online preorder. You get 10 back for in store pick up and 20 back for preordering in GCs.

[quote name='smallsharkbigbite']Probably a good game, but I recently got NCAA 12 for $9.99 and Madden 12 for $9.99. Those will keep me busy for a while until I can get the updated versions for a similar price.[/QUOTE]

Where were you able to do that? I've been looking and the best I can find is about $15.

Thanks

[quote name='shill88']Where were you able to do that? I've been looking and the best I can find is about $15.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Gotta keep your eyes open. Best Buy had them both for $9.99 at different times and AWD had em from time to time. I got tired of paying $60 for both games every year. Usually the price of NCAA drops as soon as Madden comes out. IMHO, i think NCAA is better than Madden year after year.

[quote name='sgr76']Gotta keep your eyes open. Best Buy had them both for $9.99 at different times and AWD had em from time to time. I got tired of paying $60 for both games every year. Usually the price of NCAA drops as soon as Madden comes out. IMHO, i think NCAA is better than Madden year after year.[/QUOTE]

not this year

same old game with new eye candy and ai tweaks for fixes. Sick of this ea tricks. remake 16 bit versions in hd milk us there to. i canceled madden they butchered it to much. i want import draft classes...

All they do is remove some features and add them back and call them *New Features* They have been doing the same thing every year since 2006. Last good complete Madden game was the one with Ray Lewis on the cover.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']i wonder if i can price match this at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

The day best buy price matches a 3RD PARTY seller on Amazon... well all hell will break loose

[quote name='wolfgang2399']Wasn't Madden 12 supposed to be pretty bad? I would be interested if it's good[/QUOTE]

I'd say it was the best of the current gen Maddens though there were some mind-numbing irregularities. Fullbacks not knowing how to lead block, LBs jumping six feet in the air to swat down any pass over the middle, and WRs not knowing how to play a ball in the air (seriously, they teach you to come back to the ball in peewee!!!) are the most egregious offenders.

You'll get frustrated by it, but no more so than past seasons. Unless you play as the Broncos that is.

bread's done
Back