$49 Street Fighter x Tekken SE(360 only) @ Bestbuy

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The 360 version is actually on clearance in store for $35 ymmv[/QUOTE]that's the problem it's very YMMV none of the 9 BB's in 3 states near me have it & only a few have just 1 copy of the PS3 version. I got the PS3 one already just waiting for the drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The 360 version is actually on clearance in store for $35 ymmv[/QUOTE]

There's at least one at the Brentwood, TN location, for anyone who cares.

Thanks for the heads up as usual, enuf!
But this time it's not worth it for another Crapcom fail. Just get Tekken Tag 2 in a month! Tag 2 is probably going to be my GoTY. Get Hype!

I'm gonna hold out until the PS3 version is 30 at BB and use the Gamer coupon which expires until Sept. and get it for 10 dollars.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Thanks for the heads up as usual, enuf!
But this time it's not worth it for another Crapcom fail. Just get Tekken Tag 2 in a month! Tag 2 is probably going to be my GoTY. Get Hype![/QUOTE]TTT2 is my $hit too just wish BB would hurry up & add the $20 RZ offer to it.

There are 3 of the xbox SE's in the Colma Ca store. 2 Price tags in the game row. One lists $35 (one above it list $50)

[quote name='shopsmarts']I'm gonna hold out until the PS3 version is 30 at BB and use the Gamer coupon which expires until Sept. and get it for 10 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I did that today but the cashier told me it was no good. It only applied to the regular version of sfxt. He said the manager tried it the other day with a different customer but he couldn't over ride it.

I picked one up from Best Buy and the manager even did an override to allow the coupon. Unfortunately, I don't really want it. If anyone's interested, shoot me a PM. $17 plus shipping.

[quote name='thelonepig']I picked one up from Best Buy and the manager even did an override to allow the coupon. Unfortunately, I don't really want it. If anyone's interested, shoot me a PM. $17 plus shipping.[/QUOTE]

^^ Wow hell of a deal there. That'll go quickly.

And btw to an earlier post LMAO @ Tekken Tag 2 GOTY. Oh, they were serious.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']

And btw to an earlier post LMAO @ Tekken Tag 2 GOTY. Oh, they were serious.[/QUOTE]

Why not? It's already shaping up to be a better fighter than SXT that's for sure with more than 50 characters, pair play on both consoles (something that was false advertised on the 360 version of SXT), and none of that paid DLC crap (Thank you, Katsuhiro Harada!).

Big difference in being better than SFxT and being Game of the Year.

There's a reason why fighters never win Game of the Year anymore, they're pretty much an after thought. I believe the last time any fighter was in the game of the year discussion was Soul Calibur 1, that was 1999.

I don't hate them, but there's plenty of other games that are better and more of a priority than playing a fighter.

Tekken hasn't been great since Tekken 3, certainly not anywhere near "Game of the Year" like.

Namco is freaking GENIUS for how they're handling dlc and making Capcom look idiotic. Most people were pretty tired of Tekken but now everybody talks about how it's so great again since you get all the characters for no extra charge for free while in Capcom games you don't. Too bad when you get it it's still just a Tekken game with a ton of characters.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Big difference in being better than SFxT and being Game of the Year.

There's a reason why fighters never win Game of the Year anymore, they're pretty much an after thought. I believe the last time any fighter was in the game of the year discussion was Soul Calibur 1, that was 1999.

I don't hate them, but there's plenty of other games that are better and more of a priority than playing a fighter.

Tekken hasn't been great since Tekken 3, certainly not anywhere near "Game of the Year" like.

Namco is freaking GENIUS for how they're handling dlc and making Capcom look idiotic. Most people were pretty tired of Tekken but now everybody talks about how it's so great again since you get all the characters for no extra charge for free while in Capcom games you don't. Too bad when you get it it's still just a Tekken game with a ton of characters.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, he said his GOTY and not anyone else or a [paid] video game site. I personally stopped giving a dam on what other game site GOTY is after I found plenty of those games to be given those awards to vastly overrated.

I believe that most reviewers on game site these days are casuals when it comes to fighting games so that may explain why none of them haven't won GOTY overall for a decade.

As for Tekken not being good since 3, I'll just say to each there own on that one since it's a subjective matter. I still enjoy playing them to this day.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Big difference in being better than SFxT and being Game of the Year.

Namco is freaking GENIUS for how they're handling dlc and making Capcom look idiotic. Most people were pretty tired of Tekken but now everybody talks about how it's so great again since you get all the characters for no extra charge for free while in Capcom games you don't. Too bad when you get it it's still just a Tekken game with a ton of characters.[/QUOTE]He said HIS GOTY not yours/ours & TTT1 came out after 3 & was amazing.

anyways OT
The $35 price can be pm'd if the OP of the $35 thread posts a better pic of the receipt with the price & store # other BB's will match some may call to confirm. YMMV on the PS3 version but I got it since I was purchasing so much other stuff.

[quote name='Enuf']
The $35 price can be pm'd if the OP of the $35 thread posts a better pic of the receipt with the price & store # other BB's will match some may call to confirm. YMMV on the PS3 version but I got it since I was purchasing so much other stuff.[/QUOTE]

Wait. What? You got the PS3 LE for $35?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Wait. What? You got the PS3 LE for $35?[/QUOTE]yes, my store doesn't have the 360 version so I showed them the pic from the $35 thread for X360. They wanted the store # & the receipt to show the price but the pic sucked. I had a stack of clearance PSP stuff + receipt from 2 other BB stores I was at getting other games + 4 receipts from the last 30 days of $100 purchases. They did it for me w/o me really having to push it just based off what I was buying there...little did they know all the PSP stuff was $2 each LOL. YMMV but tis is where it pays to have friends in the game dept if you're not a good haggler.

Another way to get it on PS3 would be to buy it at full price 1st then come back & show them the pic from the thread since you've already committed to the sale they're more likely to make the exception especially with the 360 version already dropping on the site. I told them the PC is still updating the new clearance drops like UC3 & B:AC they gamiing guys co-signed the drops.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324981&page=2

[quote name='Enuf']yes, my store doesn't have the 360 version so I showed them the pic from the $35 thread for X360. They wanted the store # & the receipt to show the price but the pic sucked. I had a stack of clearance PSP stuff + receipt from 2 other BB stores I was at getting other games + 4 receipts from the last 30 days of $100 purchases. They did it for me w/o me really having to push it just based off what I was buying there...little did they know all the PSP stuff was $2 each LOL. YMMV but tis is where it pays to have friends in the game dept if you're not a good haggler.

Another way to get it on PS3 would be to buy it at full price 1st then come back & show them the pic from the thread since you've already committed to the sale they're more likely to make the exception especially with the 360 version already dropping on the site. I told them the PC is still updating the new clearance drops like UC3 & B:AC they gamiing guys co-signed the drops.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324981&page=2[/QUOTE]

Cool deal! I will be waiting for it to drop more. Maybe Gamefly(or whoever that was) will have the PS3 SE for cheap like when the had the regular version for $20 a while back!

Don't buy this game. It's littered with slimy, shady business scams. Plus assist gems are bullshit.

Save your money for Persona 4: Arena, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Dead or Alive 5.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']
There's a reason why fighters never win Game of the Year anymore, they're pretty much an after thought. I believe the last time any fighter was in the game of the year discussion was Soul Calibur 1, that was 1999.[/QUOTE]

The reason why fighters don't win GOTY is because they have the steepest learning curve, take the most skill and most players can't handle them at any sort of competitive level.

Kids flock to games like CoD and Halo because they're some of the easiest and instantly gratifying games out there to play. They're shallow and take very little effort to actually learn to play. That's why you get games like those always in the running for GOTY. Every VGA I've watched has been a joke. Their skits are awkward, their nominees are all big-budget, cookie-cutter titles and they make Nickelodeon's "Kids Choice Awards" look professional. GOTY is little more than "game with the biggest budget and largest fan-base of pimply 12-16 year old kids".

[quote name='AugustAPC']Kids flock to games like CoD and Halo because they're some of the easiest and instantly gratifying games out there to play. They're shallow and take very little effort to actually learn to play.[/QUOTE]

Likewise a CoD fan could look at a fighter and say "You only have to worry about one enemy at a time in fighting games. Customization in fighting games are pretty much just cosmetic. The play environment is so tiny. Man, fighting games that are so simple anyone can button-mash."

People are just quick to dismiss genres that they aren't into.

Harada recently had an interesting interview:
Fighting games that you can button mash and enjoy are good fighting games. It’s your first experience with a fighting game, you don’t know how to play it, but you’re mashing the buttons and you get a good reaction from that, or even win, and it means it’s exciting because you feel the taste of winning. Not everyone is a hardcore tournament player. Seventy percent are just your average player who wants to beat their brother, or their friend, or whoever. So button mashing is very important for having them see that it’s fun, [but] those people, if they continue to be interested in the game, will eventually run into someone they’ll never be able to beat by just button mashing. So they will make the effort to learn how to play. It’s important that they at least feel that they have the chance of winning. If they feel that they can’t beat someone, they’re not even going to try the game at all. There are actually characters in the game designed with that in mind. Those elements are left in the game on purpose because it’s necessary as a whole.
I feel the same way about CoD. Sure you can go into a multiplayer match, run around mindlessly and get a few killls. Or you can learn every corner of the map, constantly fine-tune your load out, and learn to work with your team to become practically unstoppable. There's a hidden depth to just about any genre if you're willing to take the time to learn.

I play plenty of FPSs. It took me about half a week to start going 30-1 in CoD. Like I said, much smaller learning curve, easy to play.

Fighting games take more effort, that's all there is to it.

I mean, when you talk about customization in shooters... how can you even compare that to playing different characters in fighting games? Years can be spent with each character in fighting games and there will still be things to learn. You can change a few aspects of your character in shooters... but to compare it to the variety in fighting games is a joke.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Don't buy this game. It's littered with slimy, shady business scams. Plus assist gems are bullshit.

Save your money for Persona 4: Arena, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Dead or Alive 5.

The reason why fighters don't win GOTY is because they have the steepest learning curve, take the most skill and most players can't handle them at any sort of competitive level.

Kids flock to games like CoD and Halo because they're some of the easiest and instantly gratifying games out there to play. They're shallow and take very little effort to actually learn to play. That's why you get games like those always in the running for GOTY. Every VGA I've watched has been a joke. Their skits are awkward, their nominees are all big-budget, cookie-cutter titles and they make Nickelodeon's "Kids Choice Awards" look professional. GOTY is little more than "game with the biggest budget and largest fan-base of pimply 12-16 year old kids".[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're just assuming what the GOTY each year was and don't actually know.

There's hardly any Call of Dutys or Halos to be found. I'll just post an example of IGNs.

IGN
IGN's most prestigious game of the year award is chosen by all the editors at IGN and unveiled mid-January.
Year Game Genre Platform(s) Developer(s)
2011 Portal 2 (First-Person) Puzzle Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows, Mac OS X Valve Corporation
2010 Mass Effect 2[107] Action RPG: (Third-Person) Shooter Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 BioWare
2009 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves[108] Action-Adventure: (Third-Person) Shooter PlayStation 3 Naughty Dog
2008 Fallout 3[109] Role-Playing Game Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Bethesda Softworks
2007 Super Mario Galaxy[110] Platformer Wii Nintendo EAD Tokyo Development Group
2006 Ōkami[111] Action-Adventure PlayStation 2, Wii Clover Studio
2005 God of War[112] Action: Hack & Slash PlayStation 2 SCE Studios Santa Monica
2004 Half-Life 2[113] (First-Person) Shooter Windows, Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation 3 Valve Corporation
2003 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic[114] Role-Playing Game Xbox, Windows BioWare
2002 Battlefield 1942[115] (First-Person) Shooter Windows Digital Illusions CE
2001 Halo: Combat Evolved[116] (First-Person) Shooter Xbox, Windows Bungie Studios

Ok yeah they gave it to Halo, in 2001. That was when Halo was actually pretty innovative, the first one in the series. The rest of the games were actually pretty spot on. So I don't think you know what you're talking about. I doubt there was any fighting games that should have won over the games that actually did win. So maybe you should do research before you make ridiculous claims like "GOTY is little more than "game with the biggest budget and largest fan-base of pimply 12-16 year old kids". Plenty of examples of innovative games such as Portal 2 and Okami. Games that just plain deserved the honor such as Uncharted 2 and Half Life 2. Super Mario Galaxy had a big budget, but it was also incredible and innovative. Star Wars KOTOR and Mass Effect two series that helped put Bioware on the map, shouldn't need an explanation really. God of War 1 at the time raised the bar as far as action games go.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']It sounds like you're just assuming what the GOTY each year was and don't actually know.

There's hardly any Call of Dutys or Halos to be found. [/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_the_Year

Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences
2007 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
2003 Call of Duty
2001 Halo: Combat Evolved

Academy of Interactive Entertainment

British Academy Video Games Awards
2003 Call of Duty

Edge
2001 Halo

Electronic Gaming Monthly
2004 Halo 2
2001 Halo: Combat Evolved

Gamepro

GameSpy
2009 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2004 Halo 2

GameTrailers

IGN
2001 Halo

Los Angeles Times

PlayStation Official Magazine (UK)

Time magazine
2007 Halo 3

VentureBeat

X-Play
2004 Halo 2

Sounds like he was pretty spot on and you didn't look hard enough. Also, you seem to rely on video game sites on determining your GOTY instead of yourself just by providing IGN as an example.

lol. I mean, disregarding the fact that Call of Duty has pretty much been a nominee in every GOTY since CoD 4, and the fact that it's won multiple GOTY awards... I'm not speaking strictly about CoD or Halo. They're just prime examples. It's not that they're bad games... well, Call of Duty is ass... but they just pander to the easiest demographic.

Anyway, I'm done talking about this.

Street fighter x Tekken is not a good game and not worth nearly 50 dollars. Go pick up ssf4, scv, or marvel if you want a decent modern fighter.

bread's done
Back