Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360/PS3) for $15 on Amazon

It's the same price at Best Buy.
I managed to find one that still had the episode i book on PS3

shipping + tax? no thanks
Come on Amazon do a price match

Edit: Not sure but did I read the title wrong?
I could have sworn it said Newegg o_O
hmmm should I get this game?

Last edited by a moderator:
no shipping for prime users and no tax for some. Still better than best buy unless you live next to one. save on gas and taxes. but, not interested in the game.

It's kind of sad that the latest Final Fantasy game has dropped down to $15 and I'm still hesitant on buying it.

Oh Squaresoft how I miss thee.

Thanks for the heads up Op, I will ponder this some more...

Picked this up a few weeks ago for $20, and well worth it. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised...a huge improvement from XIII.

[quote name='Dominick331']Picked this up a few weeks ago for $20, and well worth it. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised...a huge improvement from XIII.[/QUOTE]

Same here man, but still haven't completed it! :lol:

Decent deal but my RPG backlog is too big right now so I'll have to pass on this.

[quote name='Roll']Hmmm... good deal, but anyone think this will hit the $10 mark soon?
Anyways, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Probably in a year or so from now.

Still waiting for the super ultra ulitmate edition with all the DLCs for a low low price of $20. I ain't paying over $60 for contents that got cut from the game then ask for more money.

Never support a practice like this. I answer with my money.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']Come on $10![/QUOTE]

It's possible to get this for $10 :D
We all just have to hope that this game is going to be added on the gold box for tomorrow XD

[quote name='Raymond']Still waiting for the super ultra ulitmate edition with all the DLCs for a low low price of $20. I ain't paying over $60 for contents that got cut from the game then ask for more money.

Never support a practice like this. I answer with my money.[/QUOTE]

Is the DLC substantive? I poked around the DLC in the Playstation store, and it looked like costumes. I generally don't support DLC either, so I don't buy any. It is really amusing to me when gamers whine about DLC in something like COD, then proceed to shovel more and more money at it, haha.

[quote name='Argive']Is the DLC substantive? I poked around the DLC in the Playstation store, and it looked like costumes. I generally don't support DLC either, so I don't buy any. It is really amusing to me when gamers whine about DLC in something like COD, then proceed to shovel more and more money at it, haha.[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand the "need" to buy all the DLC. Like you said, I'm pretty sure most of the DLC for this game is costumes. Who cares about costumes?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I just don't understand the "need" to buy all the DLC. Like you said, I'm pretty sure most of the DLC for this game is costumes. Who cares about costumes?[/QUOTE]The available DLC also includes new gear, additional enemies for the coliseum battles, playable characters, and scenarios. Here's a list.

And didn't core game have a rather abrupt end? I remember hearing some complaints that the story felt a bit incomplete because of that. There were some that were worried that the DLC might necessary to tie up the storyline a bit better, but don't know exactly how that ended up playing out.

[quote name='Thrinn']The available DLC also includes new gear, additional enemies for the coliseum battles, playable characters, and scenarios. Here's a list.

And didn't core game have a rather abrupt end? I remember hearing some complaints that the story felt a bit incomplete because of that. There were some that were worried that the DLC might necessary to tie up the storyline a bit better, but don't know exactly how that ended up playing out.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the only DLC in that list that I would be interested in is the extra scenarios. Everything else is completely optional.

[quote name='Thrinn']The available DLC also includes new gear, additional enemies for the coliseum battles, playable characters, and scenarios. Here's a list.

And didn't core game have a rather abrupt end? I remember hearing some complaints that the story felt a bit incomplete because of that. There were some that were worried that the DLC might necessary to tie up the storyline a bit better, but don't know exactly how that ended up playing out.[/QUOTE]

My big gripe w/ FF13-2 is that the whole game seems to built around nickel and diming you for more content. The largest of these sins is the fact that Square appears to have withheld the ending. I recall many outcries when Square and players discovered the end of the game wasn't the end, and that Square would eventually release episodes that fill out the rest of the main story.

That's just flat-out crazy; I agree with other posters -- I will never support games that force me to buy on top of the game to understand the main story. This is why I wait for complete editions; if one never comes out, then I'm fine not playing that game. It's not as if there aren't plenty of other AAA titles to play.

Was very happy to see Arkham City for GOTY - will definitely pick that up. Waiting for Mass Effect 3 to get a complete edition. If Square ever wants my money on a FF13-2, they'll go back and release a complete version; I do hope they rethink that approach with the inevitable FF13-3 ... though I wouldn't bet on it.

I never got into FF13 and - I don't want to start a pissing contest on the FF series - all I want to say is that I found FF13 really pretty to look at but substantively lacking in heart. May be it was the deadpan delivery or the overwrought script. It just feels like the advancements in western RPGs are now making JRPG storytelling feel silly and amateurish in comparison. While I grew up on JRPGs, my pallet has matured and I just expect more now. JRPGs seem to be stuck in time; sure, the visuals grew up but the rest of it is still just meh. And when JRPGs try to go mature, they instead teeter on the perverse and kinky instead of what we see in games like Mass Effect or any of the Rockstar titles.

FF13-2 was better but still a far cry from where Square needs to get. Games like Hitman and Tomb Raider, however, seem to be headed down a darn good path. I'm much more excited for these games than anything FF anymore.

"The combined cost of all DLC is 5440 MSP, or about $67 for PS3."

NOPE. Nope nope nope nope. I can't believe this it's what it's come to: buy a game for $15, but spend $70 more to get everything. I got it today at BB and I'll be sticking with whatever's on the disc. Square-Enix can go screw themselves for charging $3 for each extra costume. $4 just for the privilege of fighting Gilgamesh? I have no words.

The DLC isn't all that integral, you don't even have to worry about it until you more or less 100% the on-disc game. By then you can simply pick and choose what sounds worth it or not.

As for the game itself, fun little RPG, not nearly as polished as XIII -- but still a good time. Full review in sig if anyone is cuious.

bread's done
Back