Rage, Fallout: NV (PC) $6, 3D Dot Heroes (PS3) $10, Diablo 3 $50 + fs @Newegg

Thanks OP. Getting Rage along with the Darkness for $9.99. My wife is going to kill me for buying these after what I spent on the Steam sale. Does buying a copy of Rage off the shelf give you the Anarchy Edition when you redeem the Steam key?

Kung Fu: High Impact is a very overlooked and underrated kinect title and one of my top favs.

It really gets you moving while keeping fun factor in tact. I reccomend checking it out.

Rage retail has a much higher chance of having the Anarchy Edition DLC and the Sewers Mission stuff.

Those DLCs are hardly necessary. The game itself is solid, but it is nice to have them. The extra car is worthless and only for the low tier and only really functions as something else to spend race winnings on (And since the racing is horribly boring, the race winnings are limited by your patience.), the double barreled shotgun is mediocre in a game where the shooting should shine, but the upgraded bonus suit and the melee buff are fun to have.

So essentially you have a good chance of getting something better than Steam will EVER sell you. And if that retail key activates the DLC, then the extra DLC codes that come with it can be freely given away. At least my retail copy came with that mistake: The main CD key HAD the DLC, but there were two extra codes for the DLC already bundled into the main key. Free codes for those that bought on Steam!

Man I am somewhat interested in RAGE for $6 but I'm still not even sure about biting. I keep reading bad things about how it runs on AMD cards.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Rage retail has a much higher chance of having the Anarchy Edition DLC and the Sewers Mission stuff.

Those DLCs are hardly necessary. The game itself is solid, but it is nice to have them. The extra car is worthless and only for the low tier and only really functions as something else to spend race winnings on (And since the racing is horribly boring, the race winnings are limited by your patience.), the double barreled shotgun is mediocre in a game where the shooting should shine, but the upgraded bonus suit and the melee buff are fun to have.

So essentially you have a good chance of getting something better than Steam will EVER sell you. And if that retail key activates the DLC, then the extra DLC codes that come with it can be freely given away. At least my retail copy came with that mistake: The main CD key HAD the DLC, but there were two extra codes for the DLC already bundled into the main key. Free codes for those that bought on Steam![/QUOTE]

God damn it, I had just talked myself out of buying it too. :lol: Well I'll see. I don't even know if I will ever play it but it sounds like a really good deal.

RAGE PC is really good, even despite its technical issues and lack of a real ending.

Worth noting:
PC version comes on 3 DVD's and takes up around 24GB of HDD space!
So, for some, Retail Box version is the way to go.
That should and would save a fair deal of download time - especially if you do NOT have a blazing Internet connection.

The DLC is just, like, worth a dollar tops (What it is PRICED is another thing.). The ONLY thing that makes it extraordinary is that it just isn't for sale on Steam yet, maybe forever. I think you can buy it for consoles.

Someone in another thread said that buying it on Steam gets you the sewer missions by default, but I have not verified it. Sewer missions are just one-off generic levels where you fight mutants for some decent loot if you find the concealed sewer hatches. On console, this comes with the game new.

Anarchy Pack is just one new car, fists upgrade, suit that has the bonuses of all three suits that you can select from at the start, and double barreled shotgun. None of this is worth much, but it's nice to have.

[quote name='MysterD']RAGE PC is really good, even despite its technical issues and lack of a real ending.

Worth noting:
PC version comes on 3 DVD's and takes up around 24GB of HDD space!
So, for some, Retail Box version is the way to go.
That should save a fair deal of download time.[/QUOTE]

I thought Steam would just redownload it all anyway? I saw some people on the Newegg reviews complaining about that. Or is it just the updates it downloads.

Usually anything Steam I don't even bother with an outside install and just plug in the key.

I haven't been following Rage on the PC but I knew when it came out. It was shipped with horrible optimization at the time and hardly playable. What is the state of this game right now?

[quote name='Motoki']I thought Steam would just redownload it all anyway? I saw some people on the Newegg reviews complaining about that. Or is it just the updates it downloads.[/quote]
Force the game to install from the discs. That's how I did it.

And once that disc-install is done, let the game do its download updates through Steam.

Usually anything Steam I don't even bother with an outside install and just plug in the key.
I have a Net connection that does 2-3 MB per sec on download.
Trust me - took like 40 mins to install the game from the discs.

Otherwise, we're looking at a 2-3 hours DL for me from Steam...

[quote name='Slappybob']Dammit i have been looking for 3D dot game heroes at that price![/QUOTE]

I thought it was strange that when I first posted the sale @9:14 AM it was already out of stock, but I just checked and it's back in! Updating the OP.

FYI I just got the shipping confirmation email and It said this on my Rage Order "BETHESDA RAGE: ANARCHY EDITION PC" =D Looks they are sending out the Anarchy Edition

I really don't see Rage dropping to $5 on Steam during the Winter sale so this is probably the cheapest it'll be this year.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Are there any mods for Rage?

Is it worth it if I already have the special version for the 360?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your PC power (i.e. you better have a high-end PC), if you want PC KB/mouse controls, and like dealing w/ Steam.
RAGE PC is NOT the best running game, technically. It is NOT a great PC port, to be honest.
Even despite the above & the lack of a proper ending, RAGE is a pretty good game.

I bought Rage for Xbox 360 for $4.99 using a BB @GAMER coupon, and acquired it online to play on PC (coupon was 360/PS3 only)... this makes me want to buy a 2nd copy for PC now.

Same thing with Fallout: NV (not @GAMER but I have it for 360), haha. So pointless, but so cheap...

i have a rage key available, i bought the game on best buy without knowing a friend gift me the game on steam, only thing i used was the DLC, if anyone is interested please let me know, would let it go for 6

FYI - Received my copy today, listed on the invoice as (mentioned earlier) the Anarchy Edition, but it's definitely not. Only code(s) are the serial number and the wasteland sewer (and an ad for Prey 2...lol)...

I don't mind that much, but just throwing that out there for people on the fence...

Try activating the game on Steam and then checking under the DLC section -- people in the Steam thread are reporting that despite not being the Anarchy edition Steam is giving the Anarchy DLC to basically anyone who activates a retail copy.

[quote name='Mooby']Try activating the game on Steam and then checking under the DLC section -- people in the Steam thread are reporting that despite not being the Anarchy edition Steam is giving the Anarchy DLC to basically anyone who activates a retail copy.[/QUOTE]

Ah fair enough, will give a go, thanks! Well, after I clear up some HDD space that is(should've known a TB wouldn't be enough, lol...)

[quote name='GrimmFandango']Got my Rage copy today and yup got the sewer stuff only. No other DLC.[/QUOTE]

What we basically discovered on the Steam thread by comparing notes was that it's a total toss up. If it activates as "Rage Retail" you should automatically get the sewers DLC and the Authority Pack (which is apparently the Anarachy Edition DLC) without having to enter additional codes. The extra sewers DLC code in the box can be given away to someone else if you want because people who bought the game from Steam don't have it and can't get it there.

If it activates as "Rage (NA)" then you are out of luck on the Anarchy DLC, though you can still use the code on the insert for the sewers DLC.

The boxes, upcs and everything are exactly the same so even Newegg has no idea which is which. Whether or not your invoice says Anarachy Edition makes new difference either.

It also seemed like people who got their's from the East coast had more of a chance of getting the anarachy DLC from the west coast, though at least one person reported getting the anarachy DLC and his shipped from California.

Another person reported buying 4 copies and 3 had the anarchy DLC and one did not.

Basically consider yourself lucky if you got it but don't count on it. There's no way to tell. The publisher apparently placed some unused anarachy codes in some of the regular boxes and I guess when those ran out they just used the regular codes.

bread's done
Back