Steel Diver (3DS) $4.99 at Amazon

A good deal. It's worth it for the Club Nintendo points alone. But it's still a fun $5 game. I think it would have sold better and been more enjoyable if it were a $5 eShop title instead of subpar launch title.

If you need to round out your cart for free shipping, I suggest picking up Ace Combat Assault Horizon 3DS
http://www.amazon.com/Combat-Assault-Horizon-Legacy-nintendo-3ds/dp/B0058H7AJO/

It's a pretty good game for what it is and there's a lot of replay value in it, as well.

[quote name='masshuum']A good deal. It's worth it for the Club Nintendo points alone. [/QUOTE]

No. A hundred times no.

Did you see this years prize? That deck of cards isn't worth $5, much less buying games for the codes inside.

[quote name='ZForce915']No. A hundred times no.

Did you see this years prize? That deck of cards isn't worth $5, much less buying games for the codes inside.[/QUOTE]

this + what is it, pilotwings at BB? but the codes are for next year if not just downloadable games...basically 2 games for $10 + 100 in codes.

its an ok game, good buy for $5 but lol i was an idiot and bought it launch day for $40.

for those getting a 3DS xl next month, give this game a shot, but its fucking short as hell :(

Did you see this years prize? That deck of cards isn't worth $5, much less buying games for the codes inside.[/QUOTE]

You can also use the points to get downloadable Wii/3DS games. I've already gotten Fluidity, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Excitebike World Rally, and Mario Tennis this year.

:roll:

Actually, those cards are likely to sell decently on eBay. Certainly more than $10. So... yeah. Your opinion is null and void.

Also, they have decent prizes during the year. Many appreciated the 3DS case, for instance. Not to mention the games you can get with points. Most people don't bother with CN points solely for the endgame prize...

This game is decent. It's not great and it's not spellbinding, but you definitely get about $5 worth of gameplay out of it. Especially considering that your average gameboy virtual console title is $3

[quote name='masshuum']:roll:

Actually, those cards are likely to sell decently on eBay. Certainly more than $10. So... yeah. Your opinion is null and void.

Also, they have decent prizes during the year. Many appreciated the 3DS case, for instance. Not to mention the games you can get with points. Most people don't bother with CN points solely for the endgame prize...

This game is decent. It's not great and it's not spellbinding, but you definitely get about $5 worth of gameplay out of it. Especially considering that your average gameboy virtual console title is $3[/QUOTE]

ACTUALLY, until you see those cards selling decently on eBay, his opinion is not null and void. Way to be a douchebag.

[quote name='gentlyporking']ACTUALLY, until you see those cards selling decently on eBay, his opinion is not null and void. Way to be a douchebag.[/QUOTE]

I'M!? the douchebag? Right.

Do you honestly think that they will sell for less? Has ANY platinum prize on eBay sold for less than $10 during the first 6 months of release?

No? Thought so.

There's a difference between confidence with precedence versus douchebagness.

Also, I was trying to be helpful from the start. I didn't come in and go the cliched way of saying "no, hundred times no" derp and then leave with nothing useful to say other than to puff up my chest.

This game nor Club Nintendo is worth getting into an argument over, but seriously, I'm not the douche here.

[quote name='masshuum']I'M!? the douchebag? Right.

Do you honestly think that they will sell for less? Has ANY platinum prize on eBay sold for less than $10 during the first 6 months of release?

No? Thought so.

There's a difference between confidence with precedence versus douchebagness.

Also, I was trying to be helpful from the start. I didn't come in and go the cliched way of saying "no, hundred times no" derp and then leave with nothing useful to say other than to puff up my chest.

This game nor Club Nintendo is worth getting into an argument over, but seriously, I'm not the douche here.[/QUOTE]

Check completed listing for Steel Diver club nintendo. More than a dozen auction offering that and Sin and Punishment for $5 with no takers.

So, you're wrong.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Well then you should watch out from making douchebag-style comments like this: "So... yeah. Your opinion is null and void."[/QUOTE]

That was in direct reference to his rudeness. Ever hear of putting something into context? I mean seriously. Perhaps it would have been better to say "argument" instead of opinion, but that's about it.

[quote name='ZForce915']Check completed listing for Steel Diver club nintendo. More than a dozen auction offering that and Sin and Punishment for $5 with no takers.

So, you're wrong.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? How are either of those a PLATINUM reward from Club Nintendo? I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say.

[quote name='Zbornak']You can also use the points to get downloadable Wii/3DS games. I've already gotten Fluidity, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Excitebike World Rally, and Mario Tennis this year.[/QUOTE]

This is a good point though. Although it would take about 3 3DS games to be able to buy those games. So even at $5 a game you're still paying $15 for them. Of course you're getting actual games in return but my only point was that buying a game because points are included is silly.

But if you somehow enjoy Steel Diver, more power to you. If this were a DS game and didn't have 3D it would have been overlooked into oblivion.

[quote name='masshuum']That was in direct reference to his rudeness. Ever hear of putting something into context? I mean seriously.

What are you talking about? How are either of those a PLATINUM reward from Club Nintendo? I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about how these registration cards have no value, and in turn the platinum prizes are of just as little value. Most platinum prizes are going for next to nothing on eBay either. Less than $20 per prize (with the exception of the statue from 2010).

So buying this code because it's only $5 and getting 5% of your way toward a useless prize is dumb.

[quote name='masshuum']That was in direct reference to his rudeness. Ever hear of putting something into context? I mean seriously. Perhaps it would have been better to say "argument" instead of opinion, but that's about it.

What are you talking about? How are either of those a PLATINUM reward from Club Nintendo? I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so you being a douchebag was in context with the conversation. Gotcha.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm talking about how these registration cards have no value, and in turn the platinum prizes are of just as little value. Most platinum prizes are going for next to nothing on eBay either. Less than $20 per prize (with the exception of the statue from 2010).

So buying this code because it's only $5 and getting 5% of your way toward a useless prize is dumb.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see what you mean.

Yes, they may not be worth anything, but they certainly have value. Value is in the eye of the beholder and worth is the price.

If you're in need of only a few more points you really can't get much more value out of Nintendo's point system unless there's a game you didn't buy yet that you actually want and also happens to include points.

I don't buy a game unless I know I am going to get my value's worth out of it. This game fits that for me because it is decent for what it is and I also get the bonus of getting points. Which is a decent bonus considering that Nintendo is offering double points for buying NSMB2 digitally. How is my opinion on a $5 game that could be used to also fill out your cart, if need for free shipping, wrong when most are fine with Nintendo offering dbl the coins for a game that likely won't be sold for less than $40 digitally and will also likely be part of some retailers deal for the cart?

[quote name='Drclaw411']It's this price at BB too right?[/QUOTE]
Yes, for In-Store only.

EDIT:
NM, it's back online as well.

Tempting at that price, but I'm still going to pass. Too many other games I'd rather get first, and I keep hearing that it's one of the all-time weakest Nintendo-made titles.

bread's done
Back