(SOLD OUT)Newegg - Skyrim Collector's Edition Xbox 360 - $49.99 Free Shipping

WTF.. Wow, just wow.. That's a hot price! Got mine from BB for $60 and I was absolutely happy, the Alduin statue is great, well besides the lower piece. :p

Someone please tell me that Newegg price matches. I just bought this from them last week for $59.99. :whistle2:# I want that $10 back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rockx4']Really good price. What's the condition of these from Newegg? I see them thrashed at best buy and fry's.[/QUOTE]

more than likely perfect still double boxed the way Bethesda sent them to newegg

Is the CE items worth the purchase? I'd sell the game because I already have it, but kinda want the statue and book. Any suggestions? Are the items good quality?

i'm waiting to jump on this but there are no exclusive items & my wife would hate having another VG statue hanging around...I'm looking at marcus!

[quote name='Pyloric']Is the CE items worth the purchase? I'd sell the game because I already have it, but kinda want the statue and book. Any suggestions? Are the items good quality?[/QUOTE]

Same here. I can trade it in for $30 at BB, and turn it into a prepaid visa for $24.05. But the upgrade for a statue and book for $25.94 does not seem worth it.

[quote name='HornyPony']Damn. Amazing price. Bought for $60 like 4 months ago[/QUOTE]

same i remeber that it sold out in like 5 minutes. still got mine sealed for no apparent reason other than i hate myself.

Guys,
The Art Book ALONE is worth the upgrade. This is a no brainer, if you were planning on trading the game for $30 to Best Buy.
Hell, I'm considering another one and I've already bought four of these since Jan.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Guys,
The Art Book ALONE is worth the upgrade. This is a no brainer, if you were planning on trading the game for $30 to Best Buy.
Hell, I'm considering another one and I've already bought four of these since Jan.[/QUOTE]

Do you have an army of dragons wallowing in your den somewhere?

I still have my 360 copy of Skyrim but wish I would've traded it in a while ago for a reason to buy this CE. Not a huge guy into figures, but Skyrim is a great game and the price is right.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Guys,
Hell, I'm considering another one and I've already bought four of these since Jan.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Slermy']The book is very nice. Large, hardbound, and excellent quality pages.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the book is large, hardback and really nice.

Dragon statue is huge too.

I got in on the PC version a while back when Newegg marked it down to $60 before it quickly sold out.

Oh and the box newegg shipped was fine. In perfect condition, no issues with it.

They issued a $10 GC to me since I bought it last week at $59.99.

thanks for the heads up, human! I am now the dragonborn!

and regarding the condition of Newegg products.. I've ordered 7 large box items. all arrived quickly and in good shape. the box for 1 though was pretty beat up. 1 out of 7 is not bad. Blame UPS for condition. I witnessed the driver throwing my package then running to his truck a few days ago. I filed a report. I hot amazon prime and they use UPS for those 2 day deliveries. seems like 1 in 3 things I order is messes up. I had also seen a news report about how those drivers were cutting corners and abusing people's packages because they had to rush to meet strict deadlines.. so make sure you check your stuff carefully.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']and regarding the condition of Newegg products.. I've ordered 7 large box items. all arrived quickly and in good shape. the box for 1 though was pretty beat up. 1 out of 7 is not bad. Blame UPS for condition. I witnessed the driver throwing my package then running to his truck a few days ago. I filed a report. I hot amazon prime and they use UPS for those 2 day deliveries. seems like 1 in 3 things I order is messes up. I had also seen a news report about how those drivers were cutting corners and abusing people's packages because they had to rush to meet strict deadlines.. so make sure you check your stuff carefully.[/QUOTE]

As a side story, this reminded me of a UPS package I received the other day. I order a lot of things through Amazon, especially once I signed up for Prime. I think I finally hit my driver's patience for delivering single daily items though because while sitting in my living room, I heard a package slam against my door and some dude muttering "merry fucking Christmas". I would have been more pissed if it got damaged (I think it was just a book) and filed a complaint, but it was funny enough that I just let it go. Has not stopped me from using my Prime though. Suck it, UPS duder.

[quote name='rockx4']Ordered 1, will trade in my regular copy to best buy, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Same, thanks OP! Gonna grab Two Worlds 2 also... I have the worst time turning down a non-old new game for $10. To the backlog you will be banished!

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']As a side story, this reminded me of a UPS package I received the other day. I order a lot of things through Amazon, especially once I signed up for Prime. I think I finally hit my driver's patience for delivering single daily items though because while sitting in my living room, I heard a package slam against my door and some dude muttering "merry fucking Christmas". I would have been more pissed if it got damaged (I think it was just a book) and filed a complaint, but it was funny enough that I just let it go. Has not stopped me from using my Prime though. Suck it, UPS duder.[/QUOTE]

lol thats funny. buy him a beer

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']As a side story, this reminded me of a UPS package I received the other day. I order a lot of things through Amazon, especially once I signed up for Prime. I think I finally hit my driver's patience for delivering single daily items though because while sitting in my living room, I heard a package slam against my door and some dude muttering "merry fucking Christmas". I would have been more pissed if it got damaged (I think it was just a book) and filed a complaint, but it was funny enough that I just let it go. Has not stopped me from using my Prime though. Suck it, UPS duder.[/QUOTE]

lol well at least there was no damage. I don't know why they are so bitter. They are making very good money with benefits. better than anything college graduates are earning in this economy.

I got one from bby and traded back in the game and at the time basically paid 30 for everything with tax. Well worth it for the book alone. Dragon is pretty cool even if the holder for it is cheap plastic. Also has some dvd with it.

Well worth the money if you don't already own the game or if you do and do the trade in, even better.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']lol well at least there was no damage. I don't know why they are so bitter. They are making very good money with benefits. better than anything college graduates are earning in this economy.[/QUOTE]

No joke. That is all they do. Drive and.deliver.packages. They don't even load their own trucks.

It's not like a mailman that has to deliver letters, magazines, catalogs, AND packages, sorts everything himself, and load it up...with LESS pay and benefits and older equpiment(their fleet is OLD), and constant threat of their company collapsing.

[quote name='giantqtipz']bought it for $150 on release day. no regrets, i really wanted the game.[/QUOTE]

You Sir are a sucker for paying full price, I guess patience does pay off

[quote name='UnlockPotential']lol well at least there was no damage. I don't know why they are so bitter. They are making very good money with benefits. better than anything college graduates are earning in this economy.[/QUOTE]

We are at the end of our UPS route so during the holidays, they don't get out to our house until around 9pm or later. A few days last, they would randomly go ahead and punch in that they had "delivered" the item but they actually were just keeping it on the truck. I assume they have to meet a quota and wanted it to look as though they were doing more. It used to irritate me to no end. They would show up the next day or two on my doorstep. I finally tracked the guy down in my neighborhood when he was delivering and confronted him about it - He denied it, however, it stopped happening immediately. :roll:

Yeah, it's boxed perfect, even in the 'Don't sell before 11-11-11' protective box, LOL. I got the PS3 Collector's 2 months ago and it's awesome, crazy deal now.

YW all!:)

[quote name='HornyPony']The condition of my unit was flawless. Keep in mind that the box is HUGE. Larger than Reach Legendary edition.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said when I was in Best Buy and saw the PS3 version of this. I did a double take! I was like, OMG..that is HUGEEEEE!!!!!!!:shock:

I'm going to check out a YouTube unboxing video of it!

[quote name='Geco17']Anyone think Amazon would match this?[/QUOTE]

There's a chance they would if enough people submit pricematch requests and the Newegg price doesn't have a promo code attached to the deal.

Submitting my pm request now!

I think you guys are wasting your time.
Amazon didn't match the last two times NewEgg had this for $60, and now it's less.
It's probably going to sell out before they even read your request.

I just don't get why people would risk missing out on a deal to see if Amazon will match it. Why not just buy it from NewEgg and support them?

[quote name='Flacksguy']I think you guys are wasting your time.
Amazon didn't match the last two times NewEgg had this for $60, and now it's less.

I just don't get why people would risk missing out on a deal to see if Amazon will match it. Why not just buy it from NewEgg and support them?[/QUOTE]
I don't know...Tax could be a reason for CA residents, or some may have piles of AMZ credit, or they don't want so support a company founded by asians:roll:?

I just don't get why people would risk missing out on a deal to see if Amazon will match it. Why not just buy it from NewEgg and support them?[/QUOTE]

I ask because it's easier to trade in my copy of Skyrim into BB and buy Kindle cards, rather than trade it in and buy a prepaid Visa with a $5.95 fee. I bought it already, and it's already shipped from their NJ warehouse, but it'd be more convenient if it was from Amazon.

QFE

I hardly hassle with the 'zon anymore and their inferior "deals" or lightning deal "price matches".

BBY, TRU and the Egg are all much more deserving of late.

Bought this and was taxed like 3 bucks and change. It came out to $53.61.

Shipping was free though, and it sounds like it's shipping from within California so it should be fast.

Been wanting to play this for a while so I can't complain at the price and a little tax.

There are legit reasons, credit/taxes, but in general I agree. NewEgg's free shipping is always super fast for me (especially compared to Amazon).

bread's done
Back