Gamestop Used Batman Arkham City: GOTY $24.99 w/PUR (YMMV)

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!
Just used the PUR coupon for that let's you get a used Arkham City for $24.99. I noticed the GOTY edition was the same price as the vanilla was used so I gave it a shot and it worked. DLC is on a disc by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know how to edit the title, but I make it clear it is used in my post. If any mods see this could you please insert Used in the title.

Wow, I'm definitely going to try this out. I've got enough PUR points anyway. ;)

Out of curiosity, OP, what do you mean when you say "the GOTY edition was the same price as the vanilla was used" if the former is $44.99 used and the latter is $37.99 used right now according to Gamestop.com? :???:

Yes it is on the disc. Funny thing is it also printed me a code on the receipt, which is odd considering it was used.

If any west coasters can comfirm this before the end of the day and that it doesn't require a manager override it would be appreciated and I would get 1 at my local store tomorrow.

There's a powerup rewards coupon for 4,500 points for B:AC pre owned. OP is saying he got the coupon to work with the GOTY version and not the vanilla. It's not a price drop and that's why it's YMMV.

GOTY was marked 40 at my GS today.
sub.jpg

or.jpg

[quote name='Vigilante']Wow, I'm definitely going to try this out. I've got enough PUR points anyway. ;)

Out of curiosity, OP, what do you mean when you say "the GOTY edition was the same price as the vanilla was used" if the former is $44.99 used and the latter is $37.99 used right now according to Gamestop.com? :???:[/QUOTE]
The game was most likely mislabeled with the used sticker for the regular edition of Arkham City. It explains why the two games would be the same price, and also why the coupon would work for you on the goty edition.

It reminds me of the time that I got Hyperdimension Neptunia and HDN Mk 2 for the same price as part of a b2g1. I didn't even realize that the game was labeled wrong until I checked their website a couple days later and saw it should have been $15 more.

[quote name='Geco17']There's a powerup rewards coupon for 4,500 points for B:AC pre owned. OP is saying he got the coupon to work with the GOTY version and not the vanilla. It's not a price drop and that's why it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Got it, thanks.

bread's done
Back