Tales of Graces F (PS3) $54.99 + free shipping

Hardly a "deal" as is common around here, but Graces doesn't seem like it's going to have a significant price cut before it sells out, so this is probably as good as it's going to get. NewEgg has only 46 copies, it seems. I paid the full price and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. :D

I would really love a new Tales game but I just can't justify paying (almost) full price for a game, especially after the Steam sale.

God, I hate how JRPGs are priced sometimes.

They assume it's a niche audience nowadays so there isn't a mass demand for it (thereby meaning they don't have to mass produce like crazy). With supply/demand relatively stable, the price tends to stay stable as well.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Hardly a "deal" as is common around here, but Graces doesn't seem like it's going to have a significant price cut before it sells out, so this is probably as good as it's going to get. NewEgg has only 46 copies, it seems. I paid the full price and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. :D[/QUOTE]
Wait...it's going rare? I'm still waiting for $30 price point...

[quote name='TooPoor']Wait...it's going rare? I'm still waiting for $30 price point...[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it going rare. I mean no other Tales games after Abyss for ps2 became rare. Vesperia sold out for awhile then went as low as $15 and abyss for the 3ds is still in stock.

[quote name='simmias']But Vesperia got a reprint, didn't it?[/QUOTE]

yes but unlike most tales games microsoft backed vesperia if i recall. most tales games dont have that level of financial backing for printing.

you could get the UK special edition for around the same price

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/tales-of-graces-f-special-edition/10456887.html

TALES_OF_GRACES_thumb.jpg

I nabbed this on Amazon Whouse deals for 40 bucks. Worth every penny. Super fun battle system. Story is meh(can be cheesy) but I'm really addicted to leveling up titles. I jumped on the 40 because I didn't see this dropping massive price anytime soon.

[quote name='Umair56']I would really love a new Tales game but I just can't justify paying (almost) full price for a game, especially after the Steam sale.

God, I hate how JRPGs are priced sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Yep. :cry:

[quote name='kayne2000']yes but unlike most tales games microsoft backed vesperia if i recall. most tales games dont have that level of financial backing for printing.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yes i'm sure MS had to lend Namco a few bucks to get that reprint going.

Seriously, what does that even mean?

[quote name='Slowdance']Phase 1: Rent from Gamefly
Phase 2: Hit keep for $38
Phase 3: ?
Phase 4: Profit[/QUOTE]
wtf is this shit?

[quote name='Umair56']I would really love a new Tales game but I just can't justify paying (almost) full price for a game, especially after the Steam sale.

God, I hate how JRPGs are priced sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I originally had $40 set away for this game (if it went on sale), but ended up spending it towards Steam.

Dang that European only SE looks temping! Never used Zavvi though, how much would shipping to US be? If that dropped to around $40 I'd definitely get it. Until then, I guess I'll just wait til the standard US edition drops to $30 price range.

Zavvi would destroy the packaging. It's not even worth ordering a boxed game from them. I guess getting this for $48 from newegg on release was actually a good deal. Even at full price it would have been fine, though. It took me over 200 hours to get a'perfect' save, so it's a good value regwrdless. Lol

None. Every single one will use a padded envelope / jiffy bag when the item will 'fit'. That means that most boxed LE, unless they're huge, will sustain anywhere from minor to extreme damage. Any boxed item I will always buy off ebay UK. I can ask the seller if they have one that isn't damaged already, and make sure they ship it in a well packed box to keep it that way. It's the only way to be sure.

Really don't see this game getting much lower, it has been pretty consistent with its retail price, pretty sure it had a limited run so copies may become rare. It did sell well enough to warrant Tales of Xillia getting a state side port which is bad ass.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I am waiting for the SE to drop on their Mega monday sale. I am pretty sure it will be cheaper a month after it comes out.[/QUOTE]

How much is shipping to the US? Also how often do these mega monday sales occur?

I've never bought games from that site before.

They charge like a pound for US shipping. They also have frequent price drops, and a 'Mega Monday' every Monday. They ship in bubble mailers, though, so enjoy your crunched and beat up box!

I did buy Under Defeat HD Limited Edition for the ps3, but it was off of ebay after it came out. If it was from an import store, it would have been crushed since the product box isn't exactly strong.

Is this game going to be pretty rare in the future? I don't actually own a PS3 but I'm nearly willing to buy one solely for Graces f and Xillia. If it's going to be rare I might pick up Graces f now just in case.

The Tales games always seem to get reprinted eventually. It shouldn't be 'too' hard to find. I wouldn't say there's any reason to jump at this price.

[quote name='Zaku77']None. Every single one will use a padded envelope / jiffy bag when the item will 'fit'. That means that most boxed LE, unless they're huge, will sustain anywhere from minor to extreme damage. Any boxed item I will always buy off ebay UK. I can ask the seller if they have one that isn't damaged already, and make sure they ship it in a well packed box to keep it that way. It's the only way to be sure.[/QUOTE]
But Newegg's version is the standard one... for around the same price, why not just go for the Special Editon from Zavvi? even though the package might take some hits, the game itself is still perfect no? Must resist...

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post is that the game sold, by comparison to triple A titles, very poorly (~70k). It's not that terrible considering the production was kept to a minimum, but no doubt the game would have done exceptionally better with better marketing. Regardless, and I don't usually do this, I see this as a "support the developer" move, seeing as how we've gotten less than half of the Tales games here in the states; I plan on paying full price for Xillia for this very reason, though of course I hope they back the title instead of releasing it cold turkey like they did this one so they start getting some attention. Seeing as how I NEVER pay full price for games, I let this one slide and I don't regret it. The Tales series is not so much under-appreciated as it is overlooked and I hope my purchase works towards changing that.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Something I forgot to mention in my previous post is that the game sold, by comparison to triple A titles, very poorly (~70k). It's not that terrible considering the production was kept to a minimum, but no doubt the game would have done exceptionally better with better marketing. Regardless, and I don't usually do this, I see this as a "support the developer" move, seeing as how we've gotten less than half of the Tales games here in the states; I plan on paying full price for Xillia for this very reason, though of course I hope they back the title instead of releasing it cold turkey like they did this one so they start getting some attention. Seeing as how I NEVER pay full price for games, I let this one slide and I don't regret it. The Tales series is not so much under-appreciated as it is overlooked and I hope my purchase works towards changing that.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's killing me that my Vita may never see Tales of Innocence R. Xillia will be day one for me.

[quote name='roymustang']Glad I preordered on Newegg for $48, there hasn't been a better deal since it seems.[/QUOTE]
^---- This. Glad newegg has those promo codes!

[quote name='Serpentor']But Newegg's version is the standard one... for around the same price, why not just go for the Special Editon from Zavvi? even though the package might take some hits, the game itself is still perfect no? Must resist...[/QUOTE]
If the game has any DLC in the US, you wont be able to download and use it, you'd have to wait for the UK to receive the same DLC release. Also, you can not trade this game in here in the US... you'd have to go the amazon/ebay route.

[quote name='Serpentor']But Newegg's version is the standard one... for around the same price, why not just go for the Special Editon from Zavvi? even though the package might take some hits, the game itself is still perfect no? Must resist...[/QUOTE]
If the game has any DLC in the US, you wont be able to download and use it, you'd have to wait for the UK to receive the same DLC release. Also, you can not trade this game in here in the US... you'd have to go the amazon/ebay route.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I am waiting for the SE to drop on their Mega monday sale. I am pretty sure it will be cheaper a month after it comes out.[/QUOTE]

I'm torn as to whether I should wait, but Tales is a popular series and I could see this sell out long before they decide to put it in as part of their Monday sales.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm torn as to whether I should wait, but Tales is a popular series and I could see this sell out long before they decide to put it in as part of their Monday sales.[/QUOTE]
You are making me nervous...maybe I should use my 10% code and just buy it, would hate myself if I missed it.

This makes me feel so lucky scoring this game sealed for $15 from a guy on craigslist the week it released. One of those "hole-punched in the bar code" kinda deal.

I already have the standard version. I'm really OCD about my stuff being undamaged. I've learned my lesson when it comes to Zavvi. Having beat to shit CEs sitting around on my shelves does nothing but annoy me. Back when all those PSP CEs were coming out only in Europe, I ordered every single one from them. Every single one of those came beat up, and I was forced to turn to ebay. I now have them all completely undamaged, and I spent about the same as what I would have on Zavvi.

So glad I picked this up from GoHastings months ago for $35 during a 30% off USED games. Had to camp FOREVER but I lucked up and go it eventually :lol:

Ive ordered 3 boxed CE games from zavvi and only 1 had a minor crease on the side(and yes they do ship in bubble mailers :cry:), the other 2 arrived in perfect shape.

If you order a huge boxed CE like the MGS one with the steelbook or if there is a lot of empty space in the game(disgaea 4 premium) then it will most likely arrived crushed, but that doesnt look like it would be an issue for graces, but who knows.....

I have them all in jp and ordered xillia 2 already since I have xillia 1 famitsu pack nabbed 2's famitsu pack too, but IDK about the Tales games when localized as they lack... the voice acting. Not all of them, but it's hit or miss and when I can understand the jp versions it's hard for me to want the U.S. ones, even though I sometimes want to buy them....

As far as imports, there is hypergameaction, ncsx and if you need special orders cdjapan does them. Cdjapan is way less expensive then playasia who is charging double for xillia 2 famitsu pack....

Both Vesperia and Graces have fantastic localizing. It can be somewhat more hit or miss with the last gen ones, but Bamco are doing fantastic localizing work lately.

bread's done
Back