Time Crisis Razing Storm worth it?

Ashtaar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I was at Kmart the other day and I saw Resistance 3 with a move and light gun for 100 books..... and I saw another move controller and light gun for 40... a quick search shows razing storm for 30 bucks so my question is does anyone here have it?
I really love light gun shooters and I would have a ball playing with my wifey but 180 does seem pretty steep..... you know?
So what say yea CAGers?

[quote name='Ashtaar']So I was at Kmart the other day and I saw Resistance 3 with a move and light gun for 100 books..... and I saw another move controller and light gun for 40... a quick search shows razing storm for 30 bucks so my question is does anyone here have it?
I really love light gun shooters and I would have a ball playing with my wifey but 180 does seem pretty steep..... you know?
So what say yea CAGers?[/QUOTE]

I have the game but I only paid 20 bucks for it. I would say its that worth that. I don't have the move/light gun stuff. Sadly I just played it with a controller.

The game its self is worth it if your into those type of games. It has 3 games on the disc Razing Storm, Time Crisis 4 and Deadstorm Pirates

I had it. Worth $20, barely. I'd say this is a $10-15 title. You would be better off buying House of the Dead Overkill if they are the same price. Great game, VERY funny (very raunchy too).

I think it's a good game. And it kind of has 4 games because Razing Storm has an added FPS with single and online multiplayer. But in reality, it's a horrible FPS. Stiff controls and near-dead online. Many trophies linked to the FPS component but it's so painful to play. I'm only on act 3 of the single-player FPS and I feel like killing myslef whenever I play it. Deadstorm pirates is a fun game.

But I'm also very bitter about Razing Storm. For some reason I can't beat act 3 of the light gun game. Stupid missles consantly give me a mission failure. I think I must be doing something wrong.

All in all, I think it's a worthwhile purchase because I enjoy light gun games. Move is mandatory for this because it's not very fun with a controller.

I have it and HOTD Overkill, and IMO HOTD Overkill is a much better game.

I think I only paid $10-12 for each of them though. $30 is way too much for either of them.

Both of them play quite well with the move/sharp shooter combo.

[quote name='Ashtaar']OVerkill is a light gun game too? hmmm
hmmm 10 bucks any other good light gun games for move?[/QUOTE]

Yep, House of the Dead Overkill is an on the rails light gun shooter too.

Dead Space Extraction is the best on the rails light gun shooter for PS3 IMO (out of the 4 or so I've played) - plus it's free on the LE version of Dead Space 2 PS3.

[quote name='darken']On PSN, there's HOTD 3 & 4 as well as Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection[/QUOTE]

So if I get this I should get
HOTD Overkill
HOTD 3 and 4
Dead Space Extraction
hmmm I might just have to take the plunge, how's resistance 3 with the move?

Okay so it appears Resistance 3 sucks with the move sharp shooter
Anyone know the cheapest way to get a move and 2 sharp shooters? currently it looks like a 140 dollar investment which wouldn't be so bad if resistance 3 was good with the move (or if I could sell it for a decent amount of cash)

[quote name='Ashtaar']Okay so it appears Resistance 3 sucks with the move sharp shooter
Anyone know the cheapest way to get a move and 2 sharp shooters? currently it looks like a 140 dollar investment which wouldn't be so bad if resistance 3 was good with the move (or if I could sell it for a decent amount of cash)[/QUOTE]

wait until BF or GS doing a 50% off move accessories...

I got my SS from Amazon on BF last year for $18, I wouldn't have bought it for full price that's for sure. But anyway, that's how I'd recommend going about it, if you're interested in getting two of them. Unless you want them now and can't wait, then I'd check the secondary market and see how much a slightly used one goes for.

[quote name='uncle5555']wait until BF or GS doing a 50% off move accessories...

I got my SS from Amazon on BF last year for $18, I wouldn't have bought it for full price that's for sure. But anyway, that's how I'd recommend going about it, if you're interested in getting two of them. Unless you want them now and can't wait, then I'd check the secondary market and see how much a slightly used one goes for.[/QUOTE]
Wait did you just get the accessory or did you get an actual move? my problem is that I don't have a camera or anything and a move cost around 100 bucks doesn't it?
hmmm looking around it appears the price has dropped significantly a move controller and camera cost 44 bucks?
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-B...Camera-Packaging/dp/B0073J8BYS/ref=pd_cp_vg_1
hmm I may have to do more research

Forget the bundle unless it's a super clearance price around $50. You can get the move extras for about
$20 sharpshooter
$15 nav
$20-$25 wand
$20-$25 camera

& most of the light gun games are $10-$20 now
The Shoot $10 or less @ TRU
Resistance 3 was $10 @ BB a couple times you could probably find it online for about that used
HOTD is $15 @ BB clearance
Dead Space 2 has extraction on the disc so $10-$20 if you look around

There's only about five words that make my skin crawl. One of them is "wifey"

You don't necessarily have to buy all of the move components in bundles... sometimes the individual accessories might be cheaper than the bundles, if you're not adverse to buying used I'd suggest checking out gohastings when they have a sale, you can get alot of Move stuff there for cheap. Resistance 3 isn't the best FPS example of the sharpshooter because it requires too much running, but I found it works pretty well with Killzone 3.

[quote name='Ashtaar']Wait did you just get the accessory or did you get an actual move? my problem is that I don't have a camera or anything and a move cost around 100 bucks doesn't it?
hmmm looking around it appears the price has dropped significantly a move controller and camera cost 44 bucks?
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-B...Camera-Packaging/dp/B0073J8BYS/ref=pd_cp_vg_1
hmm I may have to do more research[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iamsmart']
You don't necessarily have to buy all of the move components in bundles...

sometimes the individual accessories might be cheaper than the bundles, if you're not adverse to buying used I'd suggest checking out gohastings when they have a sale, you can get alot of Move stuff there for cheap. Resistance 3 isn't the best FPS example of the sharpshooter because it requires too much running, but I found it works pretty well with Killzone 3.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and it's probably cheaper not too. I got my move controllers for around $20-25 used (they were virtually unused, both from Amazon I think), my nav controller brand new for $13 (from Hastings), my sharpshooter from Amazon on BF for $18 new, and the camera for $19 used from hastings again, if I remember correctly.

And there are two move "gun" attachments the sharpshooter rifle and the shooting attachment, found here.

Also I recommend one of these to keep the camera on top of the TV where it belongs, the camera is not designed very well in that respect and it doesn't stay where you want it.

I don't know how keen you are for second hand items, but I wasn't too keen on full priced accessories. Also as I mentioned Gamestop occasionally runs 50% off move items and games, so that's something to look into as well, if you want to load up on the cheap.

If you want to go the extra mile and get Guncon 3's to play with as well, note that aren't cheap and only compatible with 2 games (Razing Storm Collection and Time Crisis 4) since Namco decided that they weren't going to put major support into this gen unlike the last gen and didn't make many guns, so if you want two expect to shell out $80-100 for a set along with the sensors. (I'd recommend just sticking with the move controllers, it's cheaper.)

Hope that covered a lot of what you were asking about. ;)

[quote name='iamsmart']There's only about five words that make my skin crawl. One of them is "wifey"

You don't necessarily have to buy all of the move components in bundles... sometimes the individual accessories might be cheaper than the bundles, if you're not adverse to buying used I'd suggest checking out gohastings when they have a sale, you can get alot of Move stuff there for cheap. Resistance 3 isn't the best FPS example of the sharpshooter because it requires too much running, but I found it works pretty well with Killzone 3.[/QUOTE]
Tell em why you mad son! :booty:
Yeah I think I'll go ahead and get used stuff, I'm generally against buying used games just because games are the one art I support and I want devs to be successful if they make a good game but accessories? why sweat it

[quote name='Enuf']Forget the bundle unless it's a super clearance price around $50. You can get the move extras for about
$20 sharpshooter
$15 nav
$20-$25 wand
$20-$25 camera

& most of the light gun games are $10-$20 now
The Shoot $10 or less @ TRU
Resistance 3 was $10 @ BB a couple times you could probably find it online for about that used
HOTD is $15 @ BB clearance
Dead Space 2 has extraction on the disc so $10-$20 if you look around[/QUOTE]
I know I might seem a little slow (i swear I'm not despite my egregious use of the word wifey) but to play with 2 players I need (or should have)
1 Move camera
2 "wands"
2 Guns/ sharp shooters
but do I need two "navs"?

If you say you love light gun shooters, then you owe it to yourself to pick up most, if not all, of the Move gun games on PS3. I've been made the migration from the Wii light gun games to PS3 and I have all but Time Crisis Razing Storm, so it's funny you mentioned it. Been waiting for the damn game to drop to $15. It's too bad Move peripherals are expensive, the light gun games that support two players are fun with a second player and with the sharpshooter gun accessory.

House of the Dead Overkill by far is the best shooter with Move when it comes to fun (imo of course) and replay value. DeadSpace Extraction is pretty cool but the pacing is a bit off putting. The Resident Evil Umbrella shooters are fun and look great in HD! House of the Dead 3 and 4 are available on PSN and have always been enjoyable shooters. I hope that the all of the light gun games that were on Wii get an HD remake/port onto PSN. If I'm not mistaken, all that's left is Ghost Squad(so much fun) and House of the Dead 2 & 3 Returns. Anyway, have fun and please post a link if you do end up finding Time Crisis Razing Storm for a CAG price; currently it's $30 on amazon and I doubt it's worth that. :(

[quote name='Ashtaar']I know I might seem a little slow (i swear I'm not despite my egregious use of the word wifey) but to play with 2 players I need (or should have)
1 Move camera
2 "wands"
2 Guns/ sharp shooters
but do I need two "navs"?[/QUOTE]you can use the PS3 controller for some games that are compatitble not "required". Here's another way to get stuff cheap. See if you can find any of the reg. Move game bundles cheap that come with Sports champion, Wand & camera for $30ish.

okay what should I be aiming at for the whole bundle? I got a camera and one move for around 30, but another move controller is ~30 but I can buy one from Kmart for 40 with the sharp shooter. Then all I need is another sharp shooter and I'm in for about 100 bucks.... then I buy the 4 games (HoTD, Dead Space, HoTD 3 and 4) and I get my light shooter fun for only about 140 right?
Edit looks like they up the price, I may just buy the playstation eye and housing and then buy two moves plus sharp shooters....

So I went ahead and bought a Move with 2 controllers and an Eye for 85 bucks off EBay (with Move Sports...) then I got 2 light gun attachements from BB for 10 bucks, Dead Space 2: LE for 20 bucks (Kmart) and HoTD: Overkill and an EyeToy attachment for 15 from Amazon So
Grand Total: 130 for my own Personal Light Arcade system not too shabby imo

[quote name='Ashtaar']So I went ahead and bought a Move with 2 controllers and an Eye for 85 bucks off EBay (with Move Sports...) then I got 2 light gun attachements from BB for 10 bucks, Dead Space 2: LE for 20 bucks (Kmart) and HoTD: Overkill and an EyeToy attachment for 15 from Amazon So
Grand Total: 130 for my own Personal Light Arcade system not too shabby imo[/QUOTE]dead space 2 was just $10 @ BB

They only had the Vanilla ones though and only the LE come with Extraction
edit: http://www.amazon.com/PS3-version-w..._cd_dp_tp_sa_t?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00309XHD0
fffffuuuuu-300x256_large.jpg

So I beat HoTD overkill the other day, great game, going through it with the extended cut now.
Still need to beat Dead Space, it's a bit harder though and I wish they had a more robust calibration like HoTD.
I also played move sports wow that game is terrible.
Still waiting on Razing storm to hit 15 bucks though and wishing there were more light gun shooters out

I think your best chance at getting Razing Storm for $15 or less will be through some private buyer or from GameStop if you have 4,000 points to get a $5 off pre-owned poweruprewards.com coupon. $14.99 before taxes, of course. Got mine when that Amazon site(yoyo.com) had a deal going. Still unopen.

After playing HOTD4 10,000 times, I was shocked to find out Dead Space Extraction is so long! Figured it'd be short, too. Since it came from Wii, I'd think it's 6 hours, as well:http://howlongtobeat.com/gamebreakdown.php?gameid=173 The 7.1 PS3 Surround sound headphones make it a lot creepier. You HAVE TO use the 'grab' button, open crates, etc. I just grab at everything, lol! You MUST have the powerful ammo in that game! LOTS of it! Be sure to grab those green crates and shoot them! As well as, open locker doors when you're changing and stuff! Ok, you may know that, lol. Also, that game reloads slow as hell.:roll:

[quote name='Enuf']dead space 2 was just $10 @ BB[/QUOTE]

Got mine for $10 through store pick up. Limited Edition.

bread's done
Back