Infamous 2 Hero Edition $34.99 at Best Buy possibly YMMV

PapaSmerf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
I was at a Best Buy today and picked up one of two Infamous 2 Hero Editions for $34.99. They were $60 last week. It did not appear to be a managers markdown since this store normally uses yellow handwritten stickers for that and this had a printed shelf tag marked "clearance".

I cant believe some of these survived the crazy christmas season deals BB had. (i think it was the same price then)

[quote name='lwhitit']I cant believe some of these survived the crazy christmas season deals BB had. (i think it was the same price then)[/QUOTE]
I think it was actually even cheaper, closer to $20 IIRC. Many stores in my area were not pricematching the online price at that time since it was a deal of the day.

Oh snap I have a pile of 4 or 5 of these at my local BB, just checked the price last week to see if it dropped. Gotta go get me one, thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I think it was actually even cheaper, closer to $20 IIRC. Many stores in my area were not pricematching the online price at that time since it was a deal of the day.[/QUOTE]

I checked my order history. It was $24.99. However, the price dropped to $19.99 a few days later and I received a refund for the difference.

[quote name='adamical']Anybody who finds one and doesn't want the bag, pm me. I broke mine.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I feel for you but you can't honestly believe there are people out there trying to get this for the in game extras and soundtrack...the game was $10 last week.

On topic, I thought these were clearanced at $25 last year at BB. I got two at that price.

[quote name='Slowdance']Lol, I feel for you but you can't honestly believe there are people out there trying to get this for the in game extras and soundtrack...the game was $10 last week.

On topic, I thought these were clearanced at $25 last year at BB. I got two at that price.[/QUOTE]

I want it for the bag. lol

Is there something special about the bag? Anytime a deal on this pops up, that's all anyone ever talks about.

[quote name='Tsel']Is there something special about the bag? Anytime a deal on this pops up, that's all anyone ever talks about.[/QUOTE]

It just looks like the one he has in the game. Supposedly it's decent quality. I just think it would be nice to have.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I want it for the bag. lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']Is there something special about the bag? Anytime a deal on this pops up, that's all anyone ever talks about.[/QUOTE]

The bag was very cool. A good size, cool design and a decent color. The patches were a bit much though. I sold mine for 40 after i got my DOTD copy.... Not a day goes by when i don't regret letting that happen. (I have a backpack problem)

I also got this way back when it was on sale and saw there are some in the area. The figure is kind of meh but I do enjoy the backpack as it holds my touchpad and portable gaming/wall plugs for phones. I almost want to buy a second one...

The last one that was in Flower Mound, TX is gone. I did pick up one during the B2G1 sale a few weeks ago for $69.99 so I just went and had a price adjustment and got $37.88 back...just as good I guess :)

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I want it for the bag. lol[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant, everyone wants it for the bag :)

And yes, the bag is very high quality for a CE extra. Its too small for a laptop aside from those mini ones but great for just lugging a few things around. Sadly I slammed the main buckle in the door of my car after a hike and cracked it, so i'm on my 2nd bag now :cry:

Had my eye on the last one in my store for months.... Picked it up this afternoon. Would rather have only paid 20-25, but at 35 someone else would have grabbed it.

The bag still goes for around ~$40 on eBay. Free game and statue if you fell...

BTW, the Towson, MD had 7 of these stacked next to the PS3 demo setup as late as Friday afternoon. I inquired about the price then since the game itself was on sale for $10. It was $34.99 then, but I though it was just on sale since the game was on sale.

They also still have Infamous 2 guides which I thought were pennied out a long time ago.???

i had previously purchased this at around 39.99 at bestbuy. soon after it was about 10-20 for some deal of the day. bb refused to price match so i returned everything for a refund.

in all honestly bag is not that great. it is basically a canvas bag with one pocket. the best thing i liked about it was the sly cooper patch. it is rather cheap but if you paid less than 40 for all i feel you got a good deal. i see a few kids wearing them every now and then and i cant help but to think it's pretty ugly too boot.

i had been searching a long time to get this ce and felt the bag would be the bees knees. i was hunting low and high, bidding on ebay and contacting weirdos through craigslist. finally i picked it up at bb and was ecstatic. i had finally aquired the bag i had been longing for. after about a day i realized how flimsy the bag was. after reflecting on the joy/anger of my hunt, i realized i felt nothing but regret. despite owning the awesome infamous 2 video game, i did not feel happy. there was no feeling of joy. i had already platted the game (as i had picked it up pre-street from target at a discounted rate)

eventually in the end i got a 5.11 sling pack and have been much happier with that

long story short, do not let the hunt fool you, you will be ultimately disappointed with the bag

[quote name='klimb22']The bag still goes for around ~$40 on eBay. Free game and statue if you fell...

BTW, the Towson, MD had 7 of these stacked next to the PS3 demo setup as late as Friday afternoon. I inquired about the price then since the game itself was on sale for $10. It was $34.99 then, but I though it was just on sale since the game was on sale.

They also still have Infamous 2 guides which I thought were pennied out a long time ago.???[/QUOTE]

Hi neighbor! I was gonna get one today but never got around to it, hopefully there's still some left.

[quote name='iamsmart']Hi neighbor! I was gonna get one today but never got around to it, hopefully there's still some left.[/QUOTE]
The $69.99 price tag was still on top of the "pyramid" so most likely you'll be knocking the cobwebs off of them.

Somewhat interested in this but I might check this out if there are any still available at my local BB by Friday. Thanks OP!

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Would a 13" MacBook Air fit inside? How about a PS Vita in the smaller pouch? This is what I planned on using for.[/QUOTE]

I am personally able to hold my 13" Macbook, my Vita, and other stuff like cables comfortably. Same style (Vita in the smaller area, etc)

i want one of those but there are none available at my area, is someone willing to buy one for me? i will pay via paypal, Obviously i'm going to pay shipping plus an extra for the troubles. If someone can please send PM. Thanks

Got 1 today at the Roseville MI location. They had 3, and I was thinking about getting them all, but I left 2 for whoever really wants them! (btw they were $34.99 as well)

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Had my eye on the last one in my store for months.... Picked it up this afternoon. Would rather have only paid 20-25, but at 35 someone else would have grabbed it.[/QUOTE]you still have 30 or 60 days to pm it cheaper.

I actually wanted one for the statue. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs let me know. I checked 6 BBYs around Dallas with no luck.

[quote name='fortunado']I actually wanted one for the statue. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs let me know. I checked 6 BBYs around Dallas with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Which stores did you check? You could try searching other stores in the state and if they have any in stock they can ship them to a local store, thats what I did a few weeks ago. I had two shipped to the Flower Mound store and bought one, the other sold just a couple of days ago, if I knew you were interested I would have totally picked it up.

[quote name='ProAnon']I am personally able to hold my 13" Macbook, my Vita, and other stuff like cables comfortably. Same style (Vita in the smaller area, etc)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll use it as my entertainment pack.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Which stores did you check? You could try searching other stores in the state and if they have any in stock they can ship them to a local store, thats what I did a few weeks ago. I had two shipped to the Flower Mound store and bought one, the other sold just a couple of days ago, if I knew you were interested I would have totally picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Did you do that in-store or call?

[quote name='Abeja']Did you do that in-store or call?[/QUOTE]

I called a store in Austin, TX to see if they indeed had it in stock and the rep told me to go to a local store and have the rep order it from his store.

bread's done
Back