GameInformer Darksiders 1 & 2 Giveaway

RAY16

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Summary:

• US Only
  • All entries must be received between 12:00 a.m.(CST) on 7/30/12 and 10:00 a.m. (CST) on 8/13/12.
  • One online entry per person or e-mail address per day
  • Ten (10) Grand Prize Winners will receive a Darksiders II PC Collector's Edition MSRP $99.99
  • Fifteen (15) winners will receive a Darksiders II prize pack containing a DSII Statue $200 value, DSII Complete DLC $60 value, DSII Lapop Bag $40 value, DSII Prima Guide $15 value, DSII Novel $15 value with a total prize value of $330
  • Ten-thousand (10,000) random entrants will recieve a downloadable copy of Darksiders 1 $19.99 Value.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/darksidersii.aspx

Full Official Rules:
Darksiders II Giveaway

7/30/2012

OFFICIAL RULES

Sponsors: Game Informer 724 North First Street FL 3 – Minneapolis, MN 55401

NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

Eligibility: No purchase necessary to enter or to win. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. Darksiders II Giveaway open only to legal residents of the United States age 13 and older. Employees of Game Informer its parent company and their subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes governed by U.S. law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.

Disclaimer. Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.

How to enter: To enter, visit www.gameinformer.com and follow all entry instructions to enter. All entries must be received between 12:00 a.m.(CST) on 7/30/12 and 10:00 a.m. (CST) on 8/13/12. Entrants subject to all notices posted online including but not limited to Sponsors' privacy policies. Limit: One online entry per person or e-mail address per day. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules, including eligibility requirements and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and independent judging organization shall be final and binding. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Illegible or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible. All entries and requests become the Sponsors' property and will not be returned or acknowledged. The Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, or misdirected entries.

Winner Selection/Notification: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by email and will be required to follow the instructions in such notification in order to verify eligibility. If the notification email or the Affidavit/Release is returned as undeliverable, it will result in disqualification and prize will be forfeited. If prize is forfeited for any reason whatsoever, an alternate drawing may be held. No substitution of prize offered is permitted, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and prize may not be redeemed for cash value, except that Sponsors (due to circumstances beyond its control), reserve the right at their sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of comparable or greater value. Prize awarded within ninety (90) days from winner verification. Entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, and statements for promotional purposes, including but not limited to online posting, radio, print and TV media, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.

Prize/Odds: Ten (10) Grand Prize Winners will receive a Darksiders II PC Collector's Edition MSRP $99.99. Fifteen (15) winners will receive a Darksiders II prize pack containing a DSII Statue $200 value, DSII Complete DLC $60 value, DSII Lapop Bag $40 value, DSII Prima Guide $15 value, DSII Novel $15 value with a total prize value of $330.

Ten-thousand (10,000) random entrants will recieve a downloadable copy of Darksiders 1 $19.99 Value.

All prizing is final.

Odds of winning the prize are determined by the total number of eligible entries received.

General: Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and the Sponsors, which shall be without legal or other recourse and final in all aspects, and release the Sponsors and their affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each, from all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information and for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons (including death) and property which may be sustained in connection with either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, receipt, ownership use or misuse of a prize awarded here; or 2) participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities, including but not limited to traveling to or from any prize related activity. The Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.

Winners List: For winner’s names, available after 9/30/12, please mail a self addressed envelope to Game Informer Magazine – Attention: Darksiders II Giveaway 724 North First Street FL 3 – Minneapolis , MN 55401

NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS

In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsors are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible or postage due mail/entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted, (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the sweepstakes), and to select winner from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.

LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I entered this without reading the details closely enough and won a copy of Darksiders 1, thinking it had said the 10,000 winners will get Darksiders 2. Already have Darksiders 1. Offering to freinds + family first, but if I can't find someone I know who wants it by end of the day tomorrow first to message me gets the code.

Edit: alright, code is "pre" claimed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NextGenGuru']Why is the grand prize arguably worse than the second one? :p[/QUOTE]
This.

I'd love that laptop bag.

Anyone that won get yours to download? After I input the code on that gamestop link or in the gamestop pc downloader I get "There was a problem adding redeemed product to the game library." after about 3 minutes of nothing.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Anyone that won get yours to download? After I input the code on that gamestop link or in the gamestop pc downloader I get "There was a problem adding redeemed product to the game library." after about 3 minutes of nothing.[/QUOTE]
Someone told me that support told them to wait a day apparently.

[quote name='alchemistlord']Someone told me that support told them to wait a day apparently.[/QUOTE]

I got a code and entered it in the gamestop and it went through.

Also you can use the product code of Darksiders and enter it in steam FYI.

[quote name='tcbys']I got a code and entered it in the gamestop and it went through.

Also you can use the product code of Darksiders and enter it in steam FYI.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, it hasn't worked for me and my friend.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Yeah, I won a PC copy of Darksiders as well. Hope that's not the all I win.[/QUOTE]

ditto.

[quote name='alchemistlord']Interesting, it hasn't worked for me and my friend.[/QUOTE]

I clicked on Darksiders Product Key in the My Games area in the Gamestop App it showed a full lengh code that looks like It could be entered into steam. I tried it and it worked.

Won a copy of Darksiders, thanks for sharing the link!

To the above posters having problems, I was having issues earlier as well, but I just tried again and redeemed it without any problems. Afterward, I took my CD-Key to Steam and added it there too.

Thanks again!

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I entered but received no email or notification saying whether I won or not. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember if I got a confirmation email the first time I entered. No notifications on subsequent entries, though. The Darksiders keys seem to be a daily drawing, so if you haven't won I guess you just have to keep up with the daily entries and cross your fingers.

[quote name='Healow']Can someone give me key because i didn't entered on time.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't end until the 27th, so just keep trying once per day.

[quote name='RAY16']I don't remember if I got a confirmation email the first time I entered. No notifications on subsequent entries, though. The Darksiders keys seem to be a daily drawing, so if you haven't won I guess you just have to keep up with the daily entries and cross your fingers.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured it was like that after seeing some of the other posts. Oh well, I'll just have to keep an eye on my email.

Hmm... I just looked at the rules again and it seems they've changed the end date from the 27th to the 13th. :/

[quote name='RAY16']Hmm... I just looked at the rules again and it seems they've changed the end date from the 27th to the 13th. :/[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer =/

Has anyone had any issues getting the site to load in Chrome? I'm forced to use Firefox to enter this, Chrome won't load the entry button.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']
Has anyone had any issues getting the site to load in Chrome? I'm forced to use Firefox to enter this, Chrome won't load the entry button.[/QUOTE]

No problem here just used chrome for the daily entry

[quote name='Devil May Cry']That's a bummer =/

Has anyone had any issues getting the site to load in Chrome? I'm forced to use Firefox to enter this, Chrome won't load the entry button.[/QUOTE]

Used chrome and it worked. Try disabling your adblocking software. I had to turn mine off because the first time I went there it was blank.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Used chrome and it worked. Try disabling your adblocking software. I had to turn mine off because the first time I went there it was blank.[/QUOTE]

That's probably it, I'll try that tomorrow when I enter again. Still no email for either of my entries, hoping I get at least a reply back soon, the suspense is killing me! ;)

I won a key. But had a little trouble getting it to redeem. Finally got it to do so yesterday. Since then, I've gotten like 8 emails saying that I'm going to be billed $99.99 for the entry. :(

[quote name='Crystal Afterlife']I won a key. But had a little trouble getting it to redeem. Finally got it to do so yesterday. Since then, I've gotten like 8 emails saying that I'm going to be billed $99.99 for the entry. :([/QUOTE]

Mind elaborating on that? How would they bill you for a sweepstakes entry?

This is what each of the emails say:
Your order from GameStop PC Downloads was successful.

Your order number is: 3114735

Sold To:

Payment Method:
:

Shipping Instructions:

Product
Darksiders? Quantity: 1 $0.00
Darksiders GI Sweeps Quantity: 1 $99.99
Shipping $0.00
Discounts $0.00
Tax $0.00
Total $99.99 USD

SUPPORT

Billing questions:
Email: [email protected] (include order number above)

Technical Support:
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://support.impulsedriven.com

Please be sure to check out our other applications, games, and more at:
http://www.impulsedriven.com/

Thank you for being a customer.

Sincerely,
GameStop

I guess technically they can't bill me as they don't have any payment information. But still, it makes me wonder...

[quote name='Crystal Afterlife']This is what each of the emails say:

I guess technically they can't bill me as they don't have any payment information. But still, it makes me wonder...[/QUOTE]

Yeah i have gotten a few of those emails also the first two were for 19.00 then the rest have been 99.99 crazy they need to fix that lol imagine if i had a card posted with there system ahhh :( :hot:

[quote name='gt3guy']Yeah i have gotten a few of those emails also the first two were for 19.00 then the rest have been 99.99 crazy they need to fix that lol imagine if i had a card posted with there system ahhh :( :hot:[/QUOTE]
I know. I would have cried. My bank account is lucky to ever have more than $5 in it at a time. xD So to imagine the overdraft fees... :whistle2:#

Just a bug in the way their system generates invoices, I guess. I doubt it would actually charge anything if there was a card on file...well, I would hope not at any rate.

bread's done
Back