- - - - -

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

#4921 Blade   National Corruption Day 7/5/16 CAGiversary!   12802 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm waiting for Pepsiman to make a return.

#4922 FlyingAce39   Flyin' High Again CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

FlyingAce39

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well, so much for that. I put Far Cry 3 in my Xbox and it wasn't reading it. At all. Kept saying "Open Tray". I opened and closed the tray 3 or 4 times and it refused to read it. I tried my copies of Halo 3 and 4, Borderlands 1 and 2, and Assassin's Creed III and they all read fine. I opened up my Xbox and cleaned it anyways, and, to no surprise, it STILL doesn't read it. I tried it in my brother's Xbox and it didn't read in that one either. So I got a lemon copy of Far Cry 3 and I am NOT happy about it. :headache:

#4923 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well, so much for that. I put Far Cry 3 in my Xbox and it wasn't reading it. At all. Kept saying "Open Tray". I opened and closed the tray 3 or 4 times and it refused to read it. I tried my copies of Halo 3 and 4, Borderlands 1 and 2, and Assassin's Creed III and they all read fine. I opened up my Xbox and cleaned it anyways, and, to no surprise, it STILL doesn't read it. I tried it in my brother's Xbox and it didn't read in that one either. So I got a lemon copy of Far Cry 3 and I am NOT happy about it. :headache:

After so many resurfaces to make them look new they become like that... It could be factory error to. amazon never really tests anymore they eye it fast and list it. amazon got bad lately....

#4924 FlyingAce39   Flyin' High Again CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

FlyingAce39

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

After so many resurfaces to make them look new they become like that... It could be factory error to. amazon never really tests anymore they eye it fast and list it. amazon got bad lately....

Well, judging by all of the stickers on the thing, I'd say that's a pretty accurate theory. I borrowed a buddy's copy just to make sure my Xbox isn't being stupid. It's not. It's fine. I take too much care of that Xbox for something to just :-# up like that.

#4925 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Well, judging by all of the stickers on the thing, I'd say that's a pretty accurate theory. I borrowed a buddy's copy just to make sure my Xbox isn't being stupid. It's not. It's fine. I take too much care of that Xbox for something to just :-# up like that.

Yeah i had amazon send me one before and gamefly more common for me. I guess testing stuff costs them to much time. I bet people trade in new looking games that are dead from resurfacing them and bet amazon pays them without testing. I am saddened how amazon is getting... I only hope they realize this before it gets even worse. I am on the fence with them but else can i really go why i still buy alot. I bet they cut corners to do there prime streaming stuff. There still rocks but when will that be hit now?

#4926 vicory_hell   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

vicory_hell

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Yeah i had amazon send me one before and gamefly more common for me. I guess testing stuff costs them to much time. I bet people trade in new looking games that are dead from resurfacing them and bet amazon pays them without testing. I am saddened how amazon is getting... I only hope they realize this before it gets even worse. I am on the fence with them but else can i really go why i still buy alot. I bet they cut corners to do there prime streaming stuff. There still rocks but when will that be hit now?

Bought Black Ops 2 for Xbox 360 for %30 and it said cant read disc, returned to amazon right away

#4927 David Hibiki   Well then... CAGiversary!   9859 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yep, I paid $80 (~$120 adjusted for inflation) for Final Fantasy III when it came out back in '94.

NES games were $40-50 back in the 80's, which is about $80-90 today. Also, consider the amount of work that goes into a game nowadays compared to the 8-bit era, and tell me games aren't a bargain nowadays.

To be fair companys can now sell DLC to make up for further losses. Don't think it costs Activision $50 a year to make the maps they will be putting out, or MS for some cars in Forza Horizon.

#4928 danishmaggot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4601 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

danishmaggot

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Got my "like new" Borderlands 2 for $22.00 yesterday. Works perfectly fine.

banner53.gif

#4929 maxiell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Restock up now. Doesn't look huge, but items may still be added.

#4930 maxiell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

There is a white Wii U up for $230.

#4931 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16571 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Boatload of Halo 4 LE :360: dingers from 59.38
http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

MildObstruction.png

#4932 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1374 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

New Super Mario Bros. U = $36.03

Paper Mario: Sticker Star = $23.10

DualShock 3 Wireless Controller Blue = $28.45

#4933 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7233 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

You bought a camera and the focus didn't work?

QFT. That was what I was going to say!

#4934 killarich908   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

killarich908

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Heads up everyone... If anyone one see a new super mario bros U in AWD wihtin the next couple of weeks for 36$ use caution when buying..... I bought one to get my wii u game collection up and to give my niece a game to play....But it would not get past the startup screen.... the disk had some "white stuff" along the edge of the disk and the center circle of the disk.... i removed it by wiping off...CD was in VERY GOOD condition.... i think probably had a minor scratch or 2.... Its in the box and will be picked up by fedex or UPS (forgot) tomorrow.... I google'd and found that some mario bro's had cd defects and wouldnt go past the loadup screen.... Kind of sad because I cant fnd any deal on that game similiar in price range ...... Anyways makes me wonder if they even LOOK at the items for more than a second

#4935 killarich908   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

killarich908

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Oh wow they actually did post new mario bros...im tempted but scared it might be another defect

#4936 esalw822   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1343 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

:360: Modern Warfare 3 - Like New - $12.41
http://www.amazon.co...=A2L77EE7U53NWQ
(crazy price, I know Black Ops 2 is out but still...)

#4937 esalw822   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1343 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

:360: 250GB Slim HDD - Acceptable - $60.59

:wiiu: 8GB Basic Console - Good - $234.35

#4938 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7233 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Comparing production costs of the actual software then and now is laughable. Back then, yes, cartridges cost more to produce, but games also had far lower production budgets, far less staff, programmers ,etc. Today, the media costs pennies, but you're looking at $20M+ budgets. GTA4 had a budget of $100M.

The size of the consumer base is a big reason for the differences in the budgets, though. $1billion profit margins were unfathomable then (even if it were adjusted for that time period). The number of staff & programmers are correlated to the size of the audience, too, no?

Comparing any aspect of gaming then & now is still pretty unfair, imho (too many variables).

Edited by twztid13, 20 January 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#4939 mjontrix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

White stuff you say... It's probably from the disk pressing process.... Hopefully xD

#4940 zechs34   Voice of Voiceless CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Ugh. I believe that was the lowest Paper Mario Sticker Star yet and I missed it!
Posted Image

#4941 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

so how Amazon get them Wii U system in the warehouse.... Amazon never officially sold or was license to sell Wii U

#4942 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28413 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ugh. I believe that was the lowest Paper Mario Sticker Star yet and I missed it!

got mine last week for 24.87 and thought that was low
WOOOO I STINK

#4943 adriley313   Banned Banned   7622 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yay, I keep missing it too.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#4944 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Heads up everyone... If anyone one see a new super mario bros U in AWD wihtin the next couple of weeks for 36$ use caution when buying..... I bought one to get my wii u game collection up and to give my niece a game to play....But it would not get past the startup screen.... the disk had some "white stuff" along the edge of the disk and the center circle of the disk.... i removed it by wiping off...CD was in VERY GOOD condition.... i think probably had a minor scratch or 2.... Its in the box and will be picked up by fedex or UPS (forgot) tomorrow.... I google'd and found that some mario bro's had cd defects and wouldnt go past the loadup screen.... Kind of sad because I cant fnd any deal on that game similiar in price range ...... Anyways makes me wonder if they even LOOK at the items for more than a second

Damn, I was doing a happy dance when I read your post. Sure enough, it says that it'd be in stock on the 26th. I just cancelled it :cry:
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#4945 killarich908   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

killarich908

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Damn, I was doing a happy dance when I read your post. Sure enough, it says that it'd be in stock on the 26th. I just cancelled it :cry:

Damn there was a 38$ one I was thinking of buying but its gone now..... If that one on the 26th is seriously mine ...that is effed up on the part of Amazon... Especially since I spoke with them on Chat to let them know I was returning and the reasoning why.... They need to start letting us know if these items have been checked or not

#4946 killarich908   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

killarich908

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Now thinking of leaving a note in the GAME CASE telling them it does not start up....... If a customer has gets the note...then we know for sure they do not check their items

#4947 EDiTOR9   Huh? CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Now thinking of leaving a note in the GAME CASE telling them it does not start up....... If a customer has gets the note...then we know for sure they do not check their items

I can tell you they don't for sure. I got Paper Mario Sticker Star yesterday and it had a gift receipt to GS inside. Seems no one bothered to check it.
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#4948 killarich908   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   18 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

killarich908

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I can tell you they don't for sure. I got Paper Mario Sticker Star yesterday and it had a gift receipt to GS inside. Seems no one bothered to check it.

Such a shame...its one of those defective super mario ones...it will just keep getting passed around until the complaints mount p and they realize its a dud

#4949 NightCat   Backtoad_Overload CAGiversary!   3552 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I get wrong game inside recently and hitman prof was used with bonus disc and no game disc.

My con artist neighbor did trade in to amazon on a ce and kept disc and left a bonus disc only and got credit and was before xmas. Sucks people know how to cheat the system and it disgusts me.

We should write cag on the cover art on the backside. They are jusf getting worse... I contacted amazon about how people doing evil things and they copy and paste reply to me... I hope amazon wises up and the person in charge of this stuff gets fired cause it is losing them alot of money.

#4950 Jackie Chandler   Jamanandayo! CAGiversary!   3144 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Jackie Chandler

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Such a shame...its one of those defective super mario ones...it will just keep getting passed around until the complaints mount p and they realize its a dud

"Defective Super Mario ones?"