Gaming Headset deals on Amazon

[quote name='sav2880']Real question here ... does anyone have one of these three headsets, are they any good?[/QUOTE]

sigh, bored at work (took the top review from each page):

Yapster Blaster Stereo Headset for Xbox 360: "I'm a gamer and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm typically on the Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty, etc., etc.-type games on Xbox 360. The only un-gamerish thing about me is that I've never bought a full stereo headset in my life. However, I have tried friends' Turtle Beach-brand headsets and enjoyed them.

Miraculously, this TekNmotion Yapster Blaster is a superior product to the Turtle Beach headsets . . . and a FRACTION of the cost!

For only $29.99, you can receive a solidly built, well manufactured, and great-sounding headset, vs. the sometimes hundreds of dollars that Turtle Beach charges.

I set this headset up to play Call of Duty: Black Ops and was scoring like I'd never done before. I could hear the entire environment, all the footsteps & gunshots, and knew exactly where it all was like I was on the Black Ops team in real life!

Final Verdict: Don't bomb away a hundred bucks on a set of Turtle Beaches. GET THESE!"

Sharkoon X-Tatic SX Stereo Headset for Xbox 360: "I bought this headset to play COD Black OPS on my Xbox 360. I was not very familiar with Sharkoon but after reading some reviews, I decided to give it a shot. I must say I am amazed at the sound quality in these, it's like you are in the middle of the game. It doesn't adverstise it, but I really can't hear anything else outside when I have these on. I also looked at the Earforce X11, but I even liked the look of these better.
I wore it for a few hours and it didn't even feel like anything was on my head. The cable that it comes with is a long,heavy, sturdy cable, so I dont have to worry about it when I run over it with my chair! With a detachable microphone, simple set up, comfort and great sound quality at a great price, what more do you need?"

Intruder Stereo Headset for PC and Smartphones: "The headset itself can fold up so that you can put it into the included carrying bag. Everything is well built and seems like it can take a beating or two. The ear cups also swivel left and right for the perfect fit on one's head. The headset is well padded, both on the ear cups and on the top of the headset, so it can be worn for extended periods of time without one's ears starting to hurt. The cable cord is thick, so it is harder for it to fray and tangle. There are two microphones, which includes a long one for gaming and a short one for use on-the-go. Both can be detached from the headset. The long microphone is also adjustable.

The cable is attached to the headset, so if it frays or breaks, you will have to buy a whole new headset. The swivel towards the front of the headset does not turn all the way which is irksome (explained in the video below). The ear cups feature a glossy finish which scratches easily and attracts finger prints (black parts), and the red sections are more of a matte finish which does not attach finger prints or scratches as easily.

Sound quality is excellent. The bass is really strong and surprisingly good, which I did not expect from a gaming headset. Other usage scenarios for this headset can be when watching Youtube videos and movies, listening to music, etc. So overall, in terms of sound quality, everything is clear and fantastic.

Overall, the headset is well worth the money, especially given its price. Anyone who is in the market for a new headset to listen to music or to game with should look into this product. It is well built, and the sound quality is great."

[quote name='sav2880']Real question here ... does anyone have one of these three headsets, are they any good?[/QUOTE]

I have 1.5 of them. I have the Yapster Blaster (although mine is an older version), and I have a "cousin" of the X-Tatic SX (X-Tatic SR in my case).

Between the two, the Yapster Blaster is the best bang for the buck, while the Sharkoon is a much *nicer* headset. At these prices though, you can't go wrong with either though.

Last edited by a moderator:
idk OP... this srs rocketfish universal headset i got for $15 from the BBDOTD, pretty much is serving me well. ;)

Thank you OP I ordered the yapster blaster and cancled my turtle beach order. $20 for headset with positive ratings? Woot woot

[quote name='Mr Snarp Snarps']Thank you OP I ordered the yapster blaster and cancled my turtle beach order. $20 for headset with positive ratings? Woot woot[/QUOTE]

LOL that you believe that review is genuine.

bread's done
Back