Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day brings out supporters, protesters

IRHari

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...on-day-brings-out-supporters-more-protestors/

It used to be that taking a bite of a chicken sandwich just meant you were hungry. Now it has become a symbol of whether you stand for or against same-sex marriage, or – alternately – the right to express your personal views without fear of retaliation.
At Chick-fil-A locations across the country, people voted with their wallets today, coming out to express support for the fast-food chain after CEO Dan Cathy said in an interview that he is a firm backer of traditional marriage.
“I believe what the Bible says (about marriage),” Chauncy Fields told us after wolfing down a breakfast of chicken and biscuits. “So I came out here to support Chick-fil-A and the movement.”
Chris Johnson sees a double standard. “He (Dan Cathy) said the exact same thing that President Obama said,” Johnson told Fox News -- referring to the president’s past opposition to gay marriage – “And he gets negativity, and Obama gets positivity.”
At one Atlanta location, the restaurant was packed, while the line for the drive-thru looped twice around the building and out into the street.

The backlash across the country against Chick-fil-A has been ferocious. After the mayors of Chicago and Boston heaped scorn upon the company, the mayor of Washington, DC, suggested it was peddling “hate chicken.”
Those comments drew a sharp response from Rev. William Owens of the Coalition of African American Pastors. “Some people are saying that because of the position that Chick-fil-A is taking, they don’t want them in their cities. It is a disgrace. It is the same thing that happened when I was marching for civil rights, when they didn’t want a black to come into their restaurant," he told a press conference in Washington, DC.
The Chick-fil-A firestorm has taken on different meanings for different people. For some, it harks to the days of intolerance and segregation. For others, it is about religious views of marriage. But for most people who Fox News spoke to today, it is about free speech.
SUMMARY
COMPANY FACTS
Chick-fil-A is a family owned and operated company. It has 1,615 stores in 39 states, and 2011 sales were $4.1 billion.
“I think it comes down to a First Amendment issue. I mean, I do believe in the traditional values of marriage between a man and a woman,” youth pastor Stephen Lenahan told Fox News after a leisurely breakfast with three members of his ministry. He is also puzzled as to why Dan Cathy is such a target, when other corporate CEOs who openly support same-sex marriage are not similarly criticized by conservatives.
Lenahan says he sees a bigger issue at work here. “There is kind of a culture war going on and people aren’t really respecting each other and difference of opinion. There’s no dialogue taking place to get to the heart of what we really believe as a nation and what is truth.”
Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day – as it is being called was the idea of former Arkansas governor and Fox News contributor Mike Huckabee. But as protests against Chick-fil-A swelled across the country, dozens of groups and prominent individuals joined in support of the company.
Among the groups is Project 21, a black conservative activist organization. One of its members, Demetrios Minor, said critics of Dan Cathy have taken his statements completely out of context. “I think liberals are missing a vital point in their blind hatred of Chick-fil-A,” Minor said in a statement sent to Fox News. “Being against gay marriage is not being anti-gay.”
Crtitics of Chick-fil-A argue that the company’s opposition to gay marriage goes well beyond Dan Cathy’s statements. Over the years, its philanthropic wing, WinShape, has donated millions of dollars to outside organizations that actively lobby against efforts to legalize same-sex marriage.
On Friday, supporters of same-sex marriage will have their say. They plan a “kiss-in” at Chick-fil-A restaurants across the country – encouraging gays and lesbians to share a public display of affection at the home of the chicken sandwich.

Didn't see a thread about this so I thought I'd get one started.

Question for everyone though...what if someone supports same-sex marriage but they're not willing to boycott or avoid buying food at Chic-fil-A? What does that make them?

Back in college we always hated Chick Fil-A

The sandwiches were delicious, and after a night of Saturday binge drinking I needed a fried chicken sandwich coupled with tasty waffle fries, but those do-gooding mother fuckers were closed on Sundays.

So they can go shit in a hat. Chick Fil-A - your mormon run company's stock is going to take a big hit - where is your god now??

People can be homosexual all they want, but marriage is a vow before God. Allowing same sex marriage defiles this vow. God made man and woman, not "man and man" or "woman and woman". Again, homosexuality is what it is, but these couples will never truly be married.

[quote name='roedaniel19']People can be homosexual all they want, but marriage is a vow before God. Allowing same sex marriage defiles this vow. God made man and woman, not "man and man" or "woman and woman". Again, homosexuality is what it is, but these couples will never truly be married.[/QUOTE]

Funny because most marriages in ancient times were more of just social agreements than anything... and they didn't involve any of this "God" bullshit, all of that fuckwaddery came later when it was force-fed down peoples throats. Also, your "God" can fuck itself. I deny the existence of it, therefor I do not abide by its rules. :<

[quote name='georox']Funny because most marriages in ancient times were more of just social agreements than anything... and they didn't involve any of this "God" bullshit, all of that fuckwaddery came later when it was force-fed down peoples throats. Also, your "God" can fuck itself. I deny the existence of it, therefor I do not abide by its rules. :<

[/QUOTE]
I pray God has mercy on your soul. You are truly decieved, and I hope your eyes are opened before it's too late.

Shit is so dumb, only blew up because the mayor of boston was trying to ban the chain from his city. And as much as I'd love to ban anti gay marriage sentiments, it's really not the right way to go about things. Now the boycott movement is having the opposite effect, with morons clogging the streets to support the nearest chick fil-a, and foxnews declaring national holidays for restaurants.

Because it's not like gay people can't order food at these establishments, it's just the franchise decided to stand for some evil and very backwards values. Boycott it, live with it, whatever, but they aren't doing anything worse than your local church.

now if they were training jihadists...

[quote name='roedaniel19']There has to be at least one other Christian in these forums, right?[/QUOTE]

A real one? No.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Shit is so dumb, only blew up because the mayor of boston was trying to ban the chain from his city. And as much as I'd love to ban anti gay marriage sentiments, it's really not the right way to go about things. Now the boycott movement is having the opposite effect, with morons clogging the streets to support the nearest chick fil-a, and foxnews declaring national holidays for restaurants.

Because it's not like gay people can't order food at these establishments, it's just the franchise decided to stand for some evil and very backwards values. Boycott it, live with it, whatever, but they aren't doing anything worse than your local church.

now if they were training jihadists...[/QUOTE]

Two can play this the Fox News way. Do we have proof they AREN'T training them? No? That means clearly they are. Logic!

Also, roed, being a Christian doesn't mean they agree with your backwoods fucked up viewpoint on things. You're what we call a jackass who is setting back equal rights for people. Real Christians aren't assholes based on beliefs/sexual orientation/gender/race/social class/etc.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I prefer to call those domesticated christains.[/QUOTE]

Hehehe... I thought those were the ones that... nevermind.

A "real" Christian believes the Bible from cover to cover. Maybe you should read it sometime. My beliefs aren't my own. They come straight from the Bible.

[quote name='roedaniel19']A "real" Christian believes the Bible from cover to cover. Maybe you should read it sometime. My beliefs aren't my own. They come straight from the Bible.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...which one?

[quote name='dohdough']LOLZ...which one?[/QUOTE]
The ONLY one, the King James version. If you will read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, the Bible is very clear on God's opinion of homosexuality.

[quote name='roedaniel19']A "real" Christian believes the Bible from cover to cover. Maybe you should read it sometime. My beliefs aren't my own. They come straight from the Bible.[/QUOTE]

If you're that interested in fiction, perhaps the Harry Potter and Twilight series of books would be a great read for you.

[quote name='Regian']If you're that interested in fiction, perhaps the Harry Potter and Twilight series of books would be a great read for you.[/QUOTE]

There is no fiction whatsoever in the Bible.

i never really cared about gay marriage because i'm not gay so it doesn't concern me

wonder what vegans think about this whole thing

[quote name='roedaniel19']The ONLY one, the King James version.[/QUOTE]

You have not experienced Jesus until you have read him in the original Klingon.

[quote name='camoor']You have not experienced Jesus until you have read him in the original Klingon.[/QUOTE]

You haven't experienced Jesus until someone tries to shove 4" of Jesus down your throat.

when i read wikipedia it says that the king james bible is the official bible of the church of england

you know
that one church that was founded because the king wanted to marry some other girl and the catholic church wouldn't annul his marriage

[quote name='georox']You haven't experienced Jesus until someone tries to shove 4" of Jesus down your throat.[/QUOTE]

If someone has tried to shove Christianity down your throat, I'm truly sorry. The correct way to minister to someone is to present the truth straight from the Bible, with love, and pray that God opens their eyes to the truth. Which is what I will be doing for you all. May God bless you all, have a good night.

[quote name='kainzero']when i read wikipedia it says that the king james bible is the official bible of the church of england

you know
that one church that was founded because the king wanted to marry some other girl and the catholic church wouldn't annul his marriage[/QUOTE]

To be fair it probably wasn't a bad translation.

But a translation is a translation. I've read enough English versions of the Illiad to know that none of them got it 100% right (and fuck Alexander Pope)

[quote name='kainzero']when i read wikipedia it says that the king james bible is the official bible of the church of england

you know
that one church that was founded because the king wanted to marry some other girl and the catholic church wouldn't annul his marriage[/QUOTE]
And wikipedia is a great source of knowledge?

[quote name='roedaniel19']And wikipedia is a great source of knowledge?[/QUOTE]

Are you denying that the king james bible is the official bible of the church of england?

[quote name='camoor']Are you denying that the king james bible is the official bible of the church of england?[/QUOTE]
I know nothing of the Church of England, but I do know the KJV is clear on the subject of divorce and remarriage. Therefore, I doubt anyone would try and use it as a loophole for anulment.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']He's probably trolling, but there really are people who think like this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are people who believe the truth, but as this thread is evidence to, they are very few and far between.

I think the real lesson that this guy learned is that it is wise to keep your mouth shut. My Cook-Out milkshake cup has bible verse's printed on it and the owner of that company probably has similar beliefs, but that dude hasn't caused a stink. People are complacent as long as you don't shove your beliefs in their face. He could have kept funding anti-gay advocacy groups for forever and never had any real problems, except that he couldn't keep his head down and not comment on matters pertaining to his personal beliefs.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think the real lesson that this guy learned is that it is wise to keep your mouth shut. My Cook-Out milkshake cup has bible verse's printed on it and the owner of that company probably has similar beliefs, but that dude hasn't caused a stink. People are complacent as long as you don't shove your beliefs in their face. He could have kept funding anti-gay advocacy groups for forever and never had any real problems, except that he couldn't keep his head down and not comment on matters pertaining to his personal beliefs.[/QUOTE]

But that's the nature of being an extremist nutjob no matter what side you're on.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I know nothing of the Church of England, but I do know the KJV is clear on the subject of divorce and remarriage. Therefore, I doubt anyone would try and use it as a loophole for anulment.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of some guy named Henry huh?

Has nobody told Chick-Fil-A that bovines can exhibit homosexual behavior? Maybe they should try a different mascot – some algae, perhaps?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think the real lesson that this guy learned is that it is wise to keep your mouth shut. My Cook-Out milkshake cup has bible verse's printed on it and the owner of that company probably has similar beliefs, but that dude hasn't caused a stink. People are complacent as long as you don't shove your beliefs in their face. He could have kept funding anti-gay advocacy groups for forever and never had any real problems, except that he couldn't keep his head down and not comment on matters pertaining to his personal beliefs.[/QUOTE]

Chick-fil-A's anti-gay stance has been known for at least a couple of years now. I don't really see why this is new to anyone. And it's not really being shown at their stores, but yet people want to protest at Chick-fil-a to shove it down peoples' faces. The Jim Henson charity stuff. When those toys were pulled recently (I think they were toys), Chick-fil-a lied about the reason for the pullout instead of saying 'we stopped our partnership because of altering views in regards to gay marriage.'

I also doubt this is going to be bad for business for them. They have a lot of free press over it as well.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I know nothing of the Church of England, but I do know the KJV is clear on the subject of divorce and remarriage. Therefore, I doubt anyone would try and use it as a loophole for anulment.[/QUOTE]

Word to the wise, if you want to second-guess wiki that's fine, but you better bring some proof. Otherwise you just look like a chump.

Chump.

[quote name='confoosious']But that's the nature of being an extremist nutjob no matter what side you're on.[/quote]
Not exactly. There's a difference between wanting to prevent people from having equal treatment under the law and working to give people equal treatment under the law regarding civil rights.

Never heard of some guy named Henry huh?
I'm guessing he never watched The Tudors.:lol:
I know...it's a historical drama that isn't super accurate, but he doesn't know that;)

[quote name='KingBroly']Chick-fil-A's anti-gay stance has been known for at least a couple of years now. I don't really see why this is new to anyone. And it's not really being shown at their stores, but yet people want to protest at Chick-fil-a to shove it down peoples' faces. The Jim Henson charity stuff. When those toys were pulled recently (I think they were toys), Chick-fil-a lied about the reason for the pullout instead of saying 'we stopped our partnership because of altering views in regards to gay marriage.'

I also doubt this is going to be bad for business for them. They have a lot of free press over it as well.[/QUOTE]
Shove what down people's faces? Cock?:rofl:

Let's look at things here, really look at the Bible. God is suppose to be a higher being, but is a petty enough being to demand obedience and recognize him, sounds like the worst combination of a king and a 13 year old girl.
Let's not forget that Hell as part of that is just a mask for religion's version of the King's dungeon.

If you truly believe God is a higher being shouldn't you also believe this petty shit is beneath them? Only a human being would demand such pathetic things and force something so vindictive as Hell on people. Can people not read between the lines that this is a way to create obedience to the general authority?

I'm talking about protests; people with signs outside of Chick-fil-a protesting their views. That's more intrusive than some guy saying in an interview that the company is anti-gay. It's not like Chick-fil-A has bible verses on their sandwiches and drinks saying 'the lord hates gays.'

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm talking about protests; people with signs outside of Chick-fil-a protesting their views. That's more intrusive than some guy saying in an interview that the company is anti-gay. It's not like Chick-fil-A has bible verses on their sandwiches and drinks saying 'the lord hates gays.'[/QUOTE]

I think people care more about him using the companies money to support groups against gay rights than him just being anti-gay.

I figure most people assumed he was against gay marriage from the get-go. The company is closed on Sunday after all.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm talking about protests; people with signs outside of Chick-fil-a protesting their views. That's more intrusive than some guy saying in an interview that the company is anti-gay. It's not like Chick-fil-A has bible verses on their sandwiches and drinks saying 'the lord hates gays.'[/QUOTE]
HAHAHAA...you totally didn't get it!

Here's a hint: It was a double entendre.

[quote name='crazydom2']I think people care more about him using the companies money to support groups against gay rights than him just being anti-gay.

I figure most people assumed he was against gay marriage from the get-go. The company is closed on Sunday after all.[/QUOTE]
Call me cynical, but I figured it was a way to get out of paying people time and a half. Cynical isn't the right word considering both scenarios are pretty bad though...LULZ

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think the real lesson that this guy learned is that it is wise to keep your mouth shut.[/QUOTE]
Look at the turnout. It might be even more wise to stir the pot every once and a while.

People are too sensitive anyway. This has been proven time and time again. Dixie Chicks got slammed for opposing the war. Natalie Maines was told to shut up and sing. My advice to music listeners? Just shut the fuck up and listen to the radio. My advice to fast food customers? Shut the fuck up and eat your chicken. It's the same concept.

If celebrities or businesspeople aren't qualified to talk politics, then assholes on blogs and Internet forums aren't either. Quite the contrary, I love to hear the opinions of accomplished and successful people like Dan Cathy even if I disagree.

[quote name='camoor']So they can go shit in a hat. Chick Fil-A - your mormon run company's stock is going to take a big hit[/quote]
Chick-fil-A is a privately-held company.

I dont get what the big deal is.

Chick Fila said they dont like gay marriage.

People who like gay marriage said fuck you we dont want your shitty fried chicken.

end of story

[quote name='camoor']I dont get what the big deal is.

Chick Fila said they dont like gay marriage.

People who like gay marriage said fuck you we dont want your shitty fried chicken.

end of story[/QUOTE]
No, you moran. You don't get it at ALL.

People that support gay marriage want to shove cock down your throat and Chick-fil-A wants to shove cockS down your throat. This is why the people that are for gay marriage are the real bigots because they only want you to shove one cock down your throat. Chick-fil-A is the true savior of cocks here because they want you to shove as many cocks as you can down your throat...FOR FREEDUM.

[quote name='dohdough']No, you moran. You don't get it at ALL.

People that support gay marriage want to shove cock down your throat and Chick-fil-A wants to shove cockS down your throat. This is why the people that are for gay marriage are the real bigots because they only want you to shove one cock down your throat. Chick-fil-A is the true savior of cocks here because they want you to shove as many cocks as you can down your throat...FOR FREEDUM.[/QUOTE]

:applause: literally lol

[quote name='roedaniel19']People can be homosexual all they want, but marriage is a vow before God. Allowing same sex marriage defiles this vow. God made man and woman, not "man and man" or "woman and woman". Again, homosexuality is what it is, but these couples will never truly be married.[/QUOTE]
We really are a country of idiots.

edit- Holy fuck are we ever...

[quote name='roedaniel19']There has to be at least one other Christian in these forums, right?[/QUOTE]

There is a few but not many. This is Cheapassgamer after all.

[quote name='Regian']If you're that interested in fiction, perhaps the Harry Potter and Twilight series of books would be a great read for you.[/QUOTE]

Got any proof its fiction?

[quote name='camoor']Word to the wise, if you want to second-guess wiki that's fine, but you better bring some proof. Otherwise you just look like a chump.

Chump.[/QUOTE]
Proof of what? That a wiki isn't always right??

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']There is a few but not many. This is Cheapassgamer after all.

Assuming you're a Christian by this statement, I hope you'll join me in praying for the souls of the members here who either don't believe in or blatantly disrespect our God who has done so much for us.

bread's done
Back