Batman: Arkham Asylum: Game of the Year $9.99 on Amazon.com!

thanks op, in for one. i have arkham city from $10 best buy and have not played it since i still have not beat the first one.

a year ago I got this as a lightning deal for $19.99. now its $9.99. if you haven't played it.. you need to. its the reason I bought an XBOX.

Maybe someone can answer in this thread: Are save files from the vanilla edition incompatible with this edition? Also, if I already got the platinum trophy for the vanilla :ps3: version, will I be able to earn a second set of trophies for the GotY :ps3: version? I read somewhere that someone was able to get the trophies a second time on the GotY.

[quote name='Vigilante']Maybe someone can answer in this thread: Are save files from the vanilla edition incompatible with this edition? Also, if I already got the platinum trophy for the vanilla :ps3: version, will I be able to earn a second set of trophies for the GotY :ps3: version? I read somewhere that someone was able to get the trophies a second time on the GotY.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's the same for the ps3 but that's how it is on the Xbox.

[quote name='Kendro']Any difference between PS3 and 360 versions?[/QUOTE]

Technical differences aside, the PS3 version has exclusive Joker levels.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm not sure if it's the same for the ps3 but that's how it is on the Xbox.[/QUOTE]Thanks, but I'd really appreciate an answer for the :ps3:; if there isn't a second set of trophies, then I'll just wait for my cousin to return the vanilla copy I loaned him, but if there is, I'll get the GotY just to have an excuse to play AA again before going through the AC GotY. :D

Damn! Lol. Another game I have to consider just to have on my shelf....Ahhh! I've already been going crazy deciding on Arkham City...l

I've beaten both but not finished them both 100%. Only have like 345 achievement pts for AC... :0. Decisions!

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks, but I'd really appreciate an answer for the :ps3:; if there isn't a second set of trophies, then I'll just wait for my cousin to return the vanilla copy I loaned him, but if there is, I'll get the GotY just to have an excuse to play AA again before going through the AC GotY. :D[/QUOTE]

The GOTY edition is like a whole other game; different trophy lists, save data and installs/dlc. If you got the vanilla copy I'd recommend sticking to it, because the 3D effect isn't very good. Ruins the games color pallet and is only noticeable on batman himself.

3D effect can be turned on/off, so GOTY edition is only worth it if you don't have a copy already.

i bought mine at GS for 10. it was gutted but case and game are in great condition so who cares :D im trying to beat it and get all trophies within 7 days and return

[quote name='Kilvas09']The GOTY edition is like a whole other game; different trophy lists, save data and installs/dlc. If you got the vanilla copy I'd recommend sticking to it, because the 3D effect isn't very good. Ruins the games color pallet and is only noticeable on batman himself.

3D effect can be turned on/off, so GOTY edition is only worth it if you don't have a copy already.[/QUOTE]If it's like a whole other game, then I think I might pick it up (worthless 3D effect notwithstanding :roll:); I already platinumed the vanilla copy I loaned and it'd be cool to play through it again to try for the "second" platinum trophy. ;)

[quote name='Kilvas09']The GOTY edition is like a whole other game; different trophy lists, save data and installs/dlc. If you got the vanilla copy I'd recommend sticking to it, because the 3D effect isn't very good. Ruins the games color pallet and is only noticeable on batman himself.

3D effect can be turned on/off, so GOTY edition is only worth it if you don't have a copy already.[/QUOTE]

Because you are playing on a 6 year old console. lol. But good deal.

[quote name='Vigilante']Maybe someone can answer in this thread: Are save files from the vanilla edition incompatible with this edition? Also, if I already got the platinum trophy for the vanilla :ps3: version, will I be able to earn a second set of trophies for the GotY :ps3: version? I read somewhere that someone was able to get the trophies a second time on the GotY.[/QUOTE]

Despite what has been said, I'm actually pretty sure there is only one trophy list, unless of course you get the Japanese version of the game.

[quote name='ProAnon']Despite what has been said, I'm actually pretty sure there is only one trophy list, unless of course you get the Japanese version of the game.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading something about this on a 360 achievement guide site. From what I remember, this game is separate from the vanilla edition, meaning you can earn all the trophies/achievements all over again. Saves are incompatible between each other as well.

Come to think of it, I remember yesterday seeing someone's post of all 6500 gamescore points they got from all the different versions of Batman on PC and 360.

[quote name='kaaaaiiii']You can get 2 sets of achievements for having vanilla and GOTY[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lunasicc']I remember reading something about this on a 360 achievement guide site. From what I remember, this game is separate from the vanilla edition, meaning you can earn all the trophies/achievements all over again. Saves are incompatible between each other as well.

Come to think of it, I remember yesterday seeing someone's post of all 6500 gamescore points they got from all the different versions of Batman on PC and 360.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this only applies to achievements for PC/360. This unfortunately doesn't apply to PS3's trophies.

bread's done
Back