Defense Grid Kickstarter Pledge Tier for $95 includes AMD Radeon 6770

Oatmeal25

CAGiversary!
I'm not affiliated with Hidden Path but I am a big fan of Defense Grid. They have started a kickstarter to raise funds for Defense Grid 2.

If you pledge a minimum of $15 you get the original game, the upcoming Containment DLC and a copy of Defense Grid 2. To make the higher priced pledge tiers more interesting they've partnered up with AMD and Razer to include video cards and mice.

The reason I'm posting here is the kickstarter has been overshadowed by a few others (Ouya, etc) and they are not getting the press they need. To help attract pledges they've released a limited number (25) of AMD Radeon 6770 video cards for $95 and they include all of the $50 pledge tier perks. Here is everything you get for the $95 pledge (Add $20 for international shipping) if they attract approximately $70k and meet their minimum target of $250k:
-One steam license for Defense Grid with all of the DLC (sent within an hour of pledging)
-digital copy of the soundtrack for Defense Grid
-One copy of the upcoming DG: Containment DLC
-PDF Art Book of concept art for DG: Containment
-One copy of Defense Grid 2
-digital copy of the soundrack for Defense Grid 2
-PDF Art Book of concept art for Defense Grid 2
-level visualizer to design and submit map ideas
-access to each of the beta versions
-your name listed as a Bronze backer within the game
-ringtone using the Defense Grid theme
-desktop wallpaper pack with concept art from DG: Containment and Defense Grid 2
-AMD Radeon 6770 (shipped in September). These video cards retail for $120 on their own.

If you are interested in the game but not this pledge please take a look at the kickstarter. You can pledge any amount but rewards start at $15 with physical goods rewards starting at $55

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting! I already have DG, but I could use a new video card, and I understand that's a good (and very power efficient) one. I could probably give someone the DG Steam code, or even sell it for a couple bucks. And I get DG2 for free.

Good looking deal.

I pledged a couple of weeks ago --- really hoping this one gets made. The $95 pledge tier is an amazing value. You could almost just sell the card on eBay as soon as you get it and make a profit, and keep all the other stuff that comes with it for free.

This is the only kickstarter I pledged money to, so of course it's the only one that doesn't look like it will get funding. Although I would have pledged to others before had I known like the idle thumbs kickstarter. It seems like a lot of people aren't happy that DG2 isn't until 1 million. I was a huge fan of the original game.

Hidden Path are getting close to reaching their minimum goal and are pulling out the stops to reach it before the kickstarter ends on the 14th.

They recently added tiers so you could get an AMD Radeon 6870 for $105 AND that included a copy of the original Defense Grid along with all content coming from this kickstarter (DG: Containment expansion AND Defense Grid 2.) Unfortunately I was out of town and could not post those here and they have sold out.

They also have tiers for discounted AMD Radeon 6770s ($70) but they are moving slowly. So they've sweetened the pot. For $106 you can get TWO AMD Radeon 6770s along with the base game and upcoming kickstarter content.

I am not sure how well these cards run in crossfire but you'd be getting two decent budget cards for less than the price of one and a bunch of free games.

bread's done
Back