The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I dedicate this thread to the current Ring Of Honor and Pro Wrestling Guerella champ Kevin Steen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3P96K3LzO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPtoZi1cDK0

And he also has the best shirt in wrestling right now. ;)

killsteenkill-new.jpg

Little known Steen trivia: his son Owen is undefeated in PWG with a pin fall victory over Excalibur.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I dedicate this thread to the current Ring Of Honor and Pro Wrestling Guerella champ Kevin Steen.

And he also has the best shirt in wrestling right now. ;)

killsteenkill-new.jpg
[/QUOTE]

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!!!!

steen_front.jpg

Love the thread topic.

Am I a bad person for hoping that TNA eventually signs Steen? Then TNA would have the two best heels in today's wrasslin. (The other being Bully Ray.)

I don't know if he still is alive but if I heard ralphus was showing up I would watch.

I saw that kane miz match and the second I saw miz use strategy I knew he was going to lose. Only jobbers do that shit in wwe.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Good job posting the link to the new thread in the old one. neo likes to hand out chokeslams to people who fail at that.[/QUOTE]

You know this, man. :lol:

wc1dld.gif

Why Rosa Mendez was absent at Raw last night..

While an online rumor alleging Rosa Mendes was arrested Sunday night for public intoxication at San Antonio International Airport has been confirmed as false, TMZ.com confirms that the WWE Diva was involved in an incident that night.
According to a police report obtained by the website, the San Antonio Police Department found Mendes, whose real name is Milena Roucka crying in a bathroom stall at San Antonio International Airport late Sunday night. She repeatedly stating that she needed help. Roucka had just flown from her home in Las Vegas, Nevada to San Antonio, Texas for Monday's Raw.
Roucka alleged to the authorities that her fiancé "hit her several times at their shared residence in Las Vegas."
According to police, Roucka stated that she “was afraid [her fiancé] would try and kill her. She also stated the abuse had been an on-going thing.” She filed a battery report with police, who took thirty photos of her body to confirm the existence of bruising and scratches.

Roucka's fiancé is Andy Slocum, a former WWE performer who briefly appeared as Jackson Andrews. Slocum was fired by WWE in 2011 for breach of contract after continually skipping training sessions.

Contrary to online rumors, Roucka was not arrested for public intoxication, although she was under the influence of alcohol at the time of her interaction with police.
A WWE spokesperson confirmed to TMZ that "Milena Roucka contacted a WWE Talent Relations representative this morning to notify WWE that, upon her arrival in San Antonio last evening, she contacted police at the airport to report alleged domestic abuse that occurred just prior to her flight."
Confirmed the representative, “WWE is supportive of Rosa and will provide her with professional assistance.”
To read TMZ's story, click here.
http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/r/rosamendes/

You may remember Jackson Andrews as Tyson Kidd's 2 week Diesel, also Home Depot employee of the month.

[quote name='diddy310']Why Rosa Mendez was absent at Raw last night..

You may remember Jackson Andrews as Tyson Kidd's 2 week Diesel, also Home Depot employee of the month.[/QUOTE]

DRXma.jpg

Hits women and has a smoking skull belt. Reminds me of someone, but I can't remember who. :whistle2:k

OK I thought Benoit's moves were banned, so how did Bryan get permission to use both the Crossface (yeah I know he's done that for awhile now obviously) and the flying headbutt?

[quote name='Habbler']
DRXma.jpg

Hits women and has a smoking skull belt. Reminds me of someone, but I can't remember who. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Cold Stone Steeve Autsin?

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK I thought Benoit's moves were banned, so how did Bryan get permission to use both the Crossface (yeah I know he's done that for awhile now obviously) and the flying headbutt?[/QUOTE]

Bryan and Santino have been doing headbutts for a long time.

Triple H and HBK also used the crossface regularly post-Benoit. Bryan's LeBell/Yes/No Lock is similar to the crossface but not the exact same move.

At any rate, the Benoit thing was years ago. It's time to incorporate his moves back into the wrestling universe and make them "okay" again. That way they lose significance as "Benoit's moves." I'm pretty sure that's why HHH and HBK used the crossface to begin with. To make it okay to use again.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Great article on Kevin Nash on Grantland:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...vin-nash-making-headway-hollywood-keeps-night[/QUOTE]

Good article as most of the Grantland ones are.

I think Thomas Golianopoulos was off base saying only Rock has been a success in movies, with Nash on the rise. I'd give some credit to Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's not making the kind of money Rocky is. He's not in the same caliber of film as Rocky. But he's doing his thing. He doesn't have the charisma and sex appeal of the Rock. He doesn't have the size of Nash fit into niche roles in a variety of movies (how lucky is Nash that they needed a giant stripper?). But Austin can fit the bill of ass kicker - which does limit his prospects. Despite that, he's got roles in The Longest Yard, The Expendables, and on Chuck. He's also apparently going to be in Grown Ups 2. Plus he's finding his own kind of success in the B-movie straight to DVD type films. It's not huge Hollywood success like The Rock - but people are paying him to do it, he gets to keep doing it, and he seems to genuinely like doing it. I'd call that success.

As for Nash... Boy, taking credit for the blueprints for Stone Cold Steve Austin? Really? And he's completely off base about his comments regarding Benoit/Guerrero/Punk/Bryan. Larger than life isn't just a size thing. It's also about personality, charisma, what they bring in the ring, and the gimmick. Eddie Guerrero had that in spades. Punk has plenty of charisma and Daniel Bryan is alright too. They both could just use a little better writing and direction in the WWE. Yeah, Punk and Bryan may look like regular dudes out on the street, but as television entertainers they can captivate audiences despite their relative sizes.

Sometimes it's really easy to like Kevin Nash, sometimes it's really easy to hate Kevin Nash. That article goes in both directions.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I think the most surprising thing in that article for me was the he was in Magic Mike.[/QUOTE]

That surprised me too. But we were not Magic Mike's target audience.

Alright. :puke: No more RAW for me. I'm just gonna go back to only watching Impact, and ROH when I can.

Dude's got Insomnia because he's full of regret for only ever looking out for himself. He describes the bit about the Kliq being formed to ensure they all made the same payouts - but if you read the bylines, you'll see he's got a quote that says it was ridiculous that he and Hall worked a match and Michaels only interfered in the ending and would up with double the payout. He didn't form it to protect the workers, he's shrewd and outsmarted 4 other guys into backing him while he bitched about his pay.

Good article, but the bit about him being paranoid about his money and having a blue collar ethic is pretty laughable, seeing as how the article describes how he spends his money - Caribbean vacations, brand new Jeep for his 16-year old, and a house in Daytona Beach, FL - on top of half a mil a year in retirement?

Some of what Nash says conveys he knows he's living the life, but pardon me if I don't have any sympathy for someone sweating *that* financial situation.

Anyway - he's a wrestler, of course he's going to defend who he is - a big dude with charisma. It's not in his best interest to believe that size and workrate don't matter. Also, wrestling was hella popular when he was around in the nWo days. Good workers or not, this is simply not a boom period for wrestling.

So, I missed raw last night, read the recaps while drunk and decided to delete the show from my DVR without watching. Now I realize I may have missed Punk ripping into Jerry Lawler in a pretty awesome way. Can't find video of it, so if y'all can help...?

I only watch RAW/WWE through WWE's YouTube channel, so perhaps there is something else, but beginning at 3:16 in this clip, Punk tosses words at Lawler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrp-jWLSPIU

[quote name='Purple Flames']Looks like Wade has completely abandoned both The nexus and The Corre to head up Project Mayhem.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Tyler Durden was quite charismatic. Wade, on the other hand...

Every night Tyler would give out a homework assignment. Tonight's assigmnet is to figure out exactly what the "Barrett Barrage" is exactly. I'm not sure, but I think it may have something to do with Bob's bitch-tits.

Thanks, Chase. Not particularly amazing mic work - the review I read was gushing about it. Makes sense, I suppose, but Punk is capable of better.

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK I thought Benoit's moves were banned, so how did Bryan get permission to use both the Crossface (yeah I know he's done that for awhile now obviously) and the flying headbutt?[/QUOTE]

Flying headbutt was Dynamite Kid's move. Not that he's a particularly inspiring figure either these days.

[quote name='kodave']Just wait until the media gets a hold of that. Obviously Chris Benoit made the guy do it. Too many years of watching Benoit do flying headbutts on TV.[/QUOTE]
I hope it's used to smear Linda McMahon's campaign, to be quite honest.

‎"In terms of merchandise, John Cena and Rey Mysterio are the top two superstars in the company who sell the most merchandise. We’re told John Cena makes between 40-42% off all sales. In comparison, Zack Ryder makes 1% from sales. Ryder was double hit when WWE also recently took away his personal YouTube channel and made it their own. Ryder is one of the top five merchandise sellers. This was obviously, so they could take in all advertising revenue through YouTube.com. We’re told Ryder is not getting any money from the show right now. Ryder was basically was told to let WWE run his show or to have control on whether to shut it down for good. The point of the show was to show WWE management his potential and to get a possible push from it. While shutting down the channel would have gotten him much less publicity, he opted to give WWE the show so it would still be featured and his name would still be out there. He was ultimately screwed over in the end.

We’re told Zack Ryder lives in an apartment, in which he currently shares with a good friend. This is due to lack of monetary compensation for WWE, and the company not giving proper pay-per-view and merchandise bonuses."

Just another example of why WWE's "take the ball and run with it" rhetoric is bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back