Gamestop Ad 8/8-8/14: Free Guide w/ Select Games

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
(Ad)

:ds: iCarly Groovie Foodie! - $19.99 (Review)
:3ds: Starter Kit - $19.99
:psp: Dynasty Warriors Next Vita - $29.99
:360::ps3: SSX - $39.99
:360::ps3::pc: Battlefield 3 - $39.99

:360::ps3: Free guide with purchase of game
- Max Payne 3 ($59.99)
- Dark Souls ($29.99)
- Ninja Gaiden 3 ($39.99)
- Soul Calibur V ($39.99)

:360: Sniper Ghost Warrior ($19.99)*
*Comes with 2nd Strike Pack DLC

Extra 30% trade-in when put towards Darksiders II

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some Dark Souls CE guides last time I went to GameStop, I wonder if I could get one of those with the game.

Dammit if only Dynasty Warriors Next dropped to $20... That's the price I'm waiting for.

(btw Op it says Dragon Warriors Next :razz: )

I wonder if GS going to do that summer sale like they had the last 2 yrs really cleaned up last time. But I know to buy new & wait till the end of the sale before opening anything since they had a habit of dropping prices more than once.

[quote name='Enuf']I wonder if GS going to do that summer sale like they had the last 2 yrs really cleaned up last time. But I know to buy new & wait till the end of the sale before opening anything since they had a habit of dropping prices more than once.[/QUOTE]

yeah that already happened. It was called GameStock. And yes while the name may be different, its the last and only sale GS has had all year.

Isn't $40 MSRP for Battlefield 3 now? My friends have been asking me to get it to play with them but $40 seems steep.

Dark Souls and Soul Calibur V are tempting. I know the Dark Souls guide is inaccurate but it's still a FuturePress guide and looks awesome.

I would have jumped at Kingdom of Amalur.

[quote name='burz88']Isn't $40 MSRP for Battlefield 3 now? My friends have been asking me to get it to play with them but $40 seems steep.[/QUOTE]

Friendly REST of the story...... If your friends are big BF3 players you are going to be pushed to spend $50 or 4000 XBL points to get premium. It's all the DLC past and future besides weapons class cheat unlocks.... You don't need to buy unlocks though as 1st guns are nasty, sniper excluded. Maybe air vehicle unlock if you get sick of being totally outgunned while ranking them up.

Just giving you a heads up as a HUGE DLC add-on is coming up and the past ones are very popular. It's WELL worth every single penny though as they don't release then next BF till next year.

Max Payne for $60 eh no thanks! With a guide that doesnt make sense the thing is on rails!!!
tooyoung

Thanks Shady, I think I'll stay away then. Im sure they have all that dlc and its way too much to spend for the time being. They harassed me long enough til i got Gears 3, then it was onto trying to convince me to spend another 20 on maps.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yeah that already happened. It was called GameStock. And yes while the name may be different, its the last and only sale GS has had all year.[/QUOTE]The others were better they had the game bins out for months & towards the very end they really reduced a few items just to get rid of them. I think they were also doing alot of converting new to used. Last yrs best deal was Borderlands GOTY w/DLC on disc for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady'] It's WELL worth every single penny though as they don't release then next BF till next year.[/QUOTE]

This! I can't put BF3 down. I've put 120+ hours on multiplayer alone. Premium is a heft price ($50). But, it is worth it of you plan on playing it for the long haul. I've quit all other military shooters, unless it's another Battlefield. EA/DICE has won me over.

[quote name='burz88']Thanks Shady, I think I'll stay away then. Im sure they have all that dlc and its way too much to spend for the time being. They harassed me long enough til i got Gears 3, then it was onto trying to convince me to spend another 20 on maps.[/QUOTE]

You don't NEED PREMIUM no have a good time with BF3. I only got it because I know I'll be playing this well into next year.

The game is worth it, with or without Premium.

[quote name='burz88']Thanks Shady, I think I'll stay away then. Im sure they have all that dlc and its way too much to spend for the time being. They harassed me long enough til i got Gears 3, then it was onto trying to convince me to spend another 20 on maps.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to scare you away from the game you can certainly play without any DLC. Just pointing out that the premium carrot will constantly be dangled in front of you by the game and friends. It's an addicting experience like nothing else in gaming.

Good luck finding the guides to go with the games. I would consider Dark Souls but none of the GS around me have the guide in stock. Same with the other three games. What a sham to get people in stores. Hopefully others looking for this have better luck.

Just a heads up, I remember somebody here saying that the dark souls guide is worthless now after some update it had. maybe someone can chime in that knows for sure.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just a heads up, I remember somebody here saying that the dark souls guide is worthless now after some update it had. maybe someone can chime in that knows for sure.[/QUOTE]

They patched it back in November to fix some balancing issues, so the weapon/spell stat tables are outdated now.

[quote name='morrodox']They patched it back in November to fix some balancing issues, so the weapon/spell stat tables are outdated now.[/QUOTE]

Also, the trophy/achievement lists at least for rare weapons are incorrect. It's still has a bunch of useful information but I had a hard time decyphering the maps which have multiple layers/floors....like the Great Hallow. I've been using the wiki in conjunction with the guide to get the platinum. I'm about 90% done and on my second playthrough.

bread's done
Back