$20 Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition(PS3/X360) @ Gamestop(OOS online)

Why is their a picture of the DOA 5 CE?

Anyways is this a good price for the CE (not really looking for a discussion on the quality of the game).

How much was this at launch?

[quote name='GBAstar']Why is their a picture of the DOA 5 CE?

Anyways is this a good price for the CE (not really looking for a discussion on the quality of the game).

How much was this at launch?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I would say it's bad. This has been the price for at least a month and posted at least once on CAG, so it will drop at some point. Additionally the box is quite large (like Skyrim / Star Wars size), which means they will be more desperate to sell it than say Mass Effect 3 and it's small box. Finally the game was despised by critics and fans, due to this it seems less likely to sell than a good game at a cheaper price.

[quote name='admiralvic']Honestly I would say it's bad. This has been the price for at least a month and posted at least once on CAG, so it will drop at some point. Additionally the box is quite large (like Skyrim / Star Wars size), which means they will be more desperate to sell it than say Mass Effect 3 and it's small box. Finally the game was despised by critics and fans, due to this it seems less likely to sell than a good game at a cheaper price.[/QUOTE]

But from a collectible stand point it's not very common... unless i'm doing it wrong I can't even find listings on Amazon except the overly inflated 3rd party ones

[quote name='GBAstar']But from a collectible stand point it's not very common... unless i'm doing it wrong I can't even find listings on Amazon except the overly inflated 3rd party ones[/QUOTE]
eBay listings are limited too. A lot of listings for the statue though.

Awhile ago I would have jumped on this at this price, simple for the 4 character DoA5 demo. Nowthat doa5 is coming out in 6 weeks, d only do it for the ridiculously oversized statue... $35 is about right.

If anyone jumps in this and doesn't want the Doa5 demo, let me know... I would pay 5 whole dollars!

[quote name='GBAstar']But from a collectible stand point it's not very common... unless i'm doing it wrong I can't even find listings on Amazon except the overly inflated 3rd party ones[/QUOTE]

The ce was exclusive to GS

[quote name='TooPoor']eBay listings are limited too. A lot of listings for the statue though.[/QUOTE]

Because post Itagaki CE's are all Gamestop exclusive, making it rarer. I think it's a bad business decision on Tecmo's part but they can do whatever. Without Itagaki and his team, Tecmo/TeamNinja is just average at best. But for the very first time, a Hayashi product, DOA5 do look promosing.

[quote name='grrouchie']Can someone explain why everyone hates this game so much?[/QUOTE]

Honestly I love the NG series. Ninja Gaiden 2 was my 2nd 360 game I bought. I played the shit out of that game. I recently started my playthrough of 3 and Its torture. Ryu feels slow as hell. You only get 1 ninpo attack, and 3 weapons( It was just 1 at launch) for story compared to 5 ninpo attacks and 6+ weapons in NG 2. Multiplayer is alright, its just something that kills time. Honestly if you want to play the game, wait for it to hit $10, $15 at the most. I paid $20 and I feel slightly ripped off.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Honestly I love the NG series. Ninja Gaiden 2 was my 2nd 360 game I bought. I played the shit out of that game. I recently started my playthrough of 3 and Its torture. Ryu feels slow as hell. You only get 1 ninpo attack, and 3 weapons( It was just 1 at launch) for story compared to 5 ninpo attacks and 6+ weapons in NG 2. Multiplayer is alright, its just something that kills time. Honestly if you want to play the game, wait for it to hit $10, $15 at the most. I paid $20 and I feel slightly ripped off.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that Ryu Hayabusa is a master ninja who is rarely outmatched in any sort of ninja field. Now lets look at those trophies/achievements!

- Learn how to slide
- Learn how to cross rope
- Learn the Wall Run
- Learn Ninpo

lolwut?

Plus the game's story is absolute garbage and the DLC is highly overpriced.

Man, this game bombed so bad, these collections are everywhere. You just know you will snag one at $30 at some point.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm gonna guess this'll follow FF13-2's $29.99 drop within the next month or two.[/QUOTE]

well $40 is the current msrp if im correct, so its possible. But like I said, wait for $10 unless you have NOTHING else to play at that current time.

[quote name='grrouchie']Can someone explain why everyone hates this game so much?[/QUOTE]

simple, from what used to be the most skill oriented combat hack n slash games ever created, ng3 manage to become god of war players friendly under the new director's leadership, who can't even play is own game on mentor difficulty. lol! u know this transition doesn't bold well with any fan of the series because the whole game is nerf'ed from every angle. personally, i don't hate it but it had significant less play time in my console than ng1 and 2.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Don't forget that Ryu Hayabusa is a master ninja who is rarely outmatched in any sort of ninja field. Now lets look at those trophies/achievements!

- Learn how to slide
- Learn how to cross rope
- Learn the Wall Run
- Learn Ninpo

lolwut?

Plus the game's story is absolute garbage and the DLC is highly overpriced.[/QUOTE]To be fair, NG2 and NGS2 both had the basic trophies for performing "ninja moves" too.

IMO.. and I have probably mentioned it in every other NG3 topic in the VGD forums..

It's not a bad game. It's just a bad Ninja Gaiden game by comparison. The game is still hard, but once again it's hard "for the wrong reasons". Enemies are even grab happier then before, and there's not much strategy to the fights. It's basically Dynasty Warriors NG. You'll have a couple of "agile" enemies, a few "armored" (which need to have their guards broken and will dodge most of your Izuna Drop launchers) and between 1 to 3 missile or distance fighters. This occurs throughout the whole game, until you get to fiends, but they have a similar strategy.

Fighting breaks down to this flowchart:
- Izuna drop the lesser enemies
- Use Ninpo
- Izuna drop a couple more times
- Ultimate Techinque
- Repeat until next area or boss

You have 3 weapons. The claws are fairly useless, as "styling" in the game is very dangerous. You will likely get grabbed. Once again on MNM you will die from 1 grab (except from lessers, which is 2). The scythe has massive invincibility frames on the 360 swing which turns many fights into cake.

Production was actually pretty good. The music was very good and the graphics were excellent. Design could have been better, but it was on par with NG2. I enjoyed some of the story except all the MGS4 copying and until it turned into a shounen anime towards the ending.

If you buy one, open it in the store in front of the employee and make sure your online code is in the box and the figurine isn't broken. This was a big issue at release. You might still be able to get an online code from Tecmo (this is what most of us had to do), but I would make sure that you're still able to before leaving the store.

[quote name='prettycrazy']To be fair, NG2 and NGS2 both had the basic trophies for performing "ninja moves" too.[/QUOTE]

Perform =/= Learn

It's amazing how that one change can really make an entire trophy or list look incredibly stupid.

Perform the move in NG2? Sure.
Perform the move in NGS2? Sure.
Learn the same move in NG3? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!

But I digress, I just thought it was a bad game with little inspiration that was sliced down to appeal to a larger crowd(the "Call of Duty crowd" if you will)

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Perform =/= Learn

It's amazing how that one change can really make an entire trophy or list look incredibly stupid.

Perform the move in NG2? Sure.
Perform the move in NGS2? Sure.
Learn the same move in NG3? HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!

But I digress, I just thought it was a bad game with little inspiration that was sliced down to appeal to a larger crowd(the "Call of Duty crowd" if you will)[/QUOTE]

yes. 100% agree with this. I never would of though, Itagaki leaving would have this much of an impact on this game. Im playing on hard and in a blink of an eye you'll go from full health to 10%. And please dont get me started on how fucking bad the camera is in this game. It was 2011, you think Team Ninja would know how to have a solid camera angle, especially in a game like this one.

[quote name='prettycrazy']
IMO.. and I have probably mentioned it in every other NG3 topic in the VGD forums..

It's not a bad game. It's just a bad Ninja Gaiden game by comparison. The game is still hard, but once again it's hard "for the wrong reasons". Enemies are even grab happier then before, and there's not much strategy to the fights. It's basically Dynasty Warriors NG. You'll have a couple of "agile" enemies, a few "armored" (which need to have their guards broken and will dodge most of your Izuna Drop launchers) and between 1 to 3 missile or distance fighters. This occurs throughout the whole game, until you get to fiends, but they have a similar strategy.

Fighting breaks down to this flowchart:
- Izuna drop the lesser enemies
- Use Ninpo
- Izuna drop a couple more times
- Ultimate Techinque
- Repeat until next area or boss

You have 3 weapons. The claws are fairly useless, as "styling" in the game is very dangerous. You will likely get grabbed. Once again on MNM you will die from 1 grab (except from lessers, which is 2). The scythe has massive invincibility frames on the 360 swing which turns many fights into cake.
[/QUOTE]

Wow, you speak the truth instead of like the majority where they just stomp on the game following IGN's footstep without even giving it a chance. I keep telling them if this game is named something else and reskin Ryu to a new character, it would have received better reception. Unfortunately it carries the Ninja Gaiden title, where certain standard must be met. That standard has been broken in NG3, so the fan base slammed it hard to the ground.

Btw, they need to make harder and better bosses. All bosses in NG3 are piece of cake even on MNM. 1 hit grab kills, a Hayashi' trademark since Sigma 2, is nothing but artificial hard. I rather deal with massive off screen projectile spamming from NG2 than cheap 1 hit grab kills.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If you are only a collector then buy this. That should be the only reason for someone to buy this POS from Team Ninja.[/QUOTE]
Well the problem was Team Ninja didn't developed or publish this, Tecmo did and F up big time

yeah $30 would be my absolute ceiling on this. the extras don't seem that great honestly. just because something is "rare" doesn't make it very valuable. Sure, you MAY double/triple your money if you keep it boxed and stored for 20 years, but it's ultimately a mediocre collector's edition for a forgettable game. Probably on the Playstation 4 or 5 gen, they'll re-release this in a bundle of old Ninja Gaiden games.

I got it for $60, only because I don't see it cheaper anywhere else, and I don't know how many are left at my store, but I saw only 1, maybe they are hiding 100+s who knows oh well.

[quote name='Desousa93']I'm waiting till 20 I don't pay more than 20 for my statues (noble six). Or you know converted to preowned.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. There are 9 GSes local to home or work that still has these. Any day now, GS.

[quote name='barrit']Heads up for those who wanted this. This dropped down to $39.99 today. In-store only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Was hoping for $30 but I bit. The statue is actually pretty nice. Can't speak for the game and it probably wont see the inside of my Xbox for awhile.

Yeah I got it for 39.99 today sweet I would wait but even though people don't like he game the statue has gotten great reviews

If GS actually updates the price tags on them in-store & puts them in sight people will get them but there's still several in my area.

Last edited by a moderator:
whenever i see people defend NG3, I die a little inside.

and no, i'm not some blind idiot who follows reviewers. Been a fan since the 3D reboot series started. This is not a good Ninja Gaiden game and it's not even a good video game.

bread's done
Back