The Dictator: Banned & Unrated Best Buy Exclusive LE Fuzzy Beard Packaging - 8/21/12

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
index_02.jpg

http://www.paramount.com/PHE/newsletter/aug2012/

I thought it was almost as good as Borat. Borat is still his best flick.

Bruno was godawful terrible, I didn't laugh once with that tripe.

Hmm... I really enjoyed Bruno and Borat, but didn't get around to seeing this. Was gonna do a blind buy, but it seems like a lot of you didn't like it. Any other input?

[quote name='mpaullin']Hmm... I really enjoyed Bruno and Borat, but didn't get around to seeing this. Was gonna do a blind buy, but it seems like a lot of you didn't like it. Any other input?[/QUOTE]

I'm in your boat was going to blind buy this as well given the past track record, but I think I'm reconsidering as well...

[quote name='buster90']The movie was terrible saw it in theaters and asked for a refund and I LOVED Borat and Bruno.[/QUOTE]

What a sad person you must be.

[quote name='mpaullin']Hmm... I really enjoyed Bruno and Borat, but didn't get around to seeing this. Was gonna do a blind buy, but it seems like a lot of you didn't like it. Any other input?[/QUOTE]

Personally I thought it was funny as hell, I also liked Bruno and Borat. I'm still laughing thinking about the scene where he learns to masturbate as Kelly Clarkson's 'A moment like this' is playing. (Uh, spoiler).

Loved Borat, meh on Ali G, and hated Bruno. So I didn't go see the Dictator, but maybe when this drops in price I'll pick it up.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I want a beard wearable packaging. LOL[/QUOTE]

Between this and the Target-exclusive Lorax mustache, I'm going to have an interesting Halloween costume this year.

Back on subject, I like Borat, LOVED Bruno, and this one fell in between the two. It was funny, but not as funny as it should have been. My problem is alot of the clips used in promos/commercials were left out of the movie. I was really hoping he'd push things even further shock value-wise than Bruno, but no.

Still a day 1 buy for me.

I can't believe people liked Bruno. To me it was nothing more than a cockfest! I did like Borat a lot though. I was disappointed by the Dictator; I only laughed a handful of times.

[quote name='Ed_']I can't believe people liked Bruno. To me it was nothing more than a cockfest! I did like Borat a lot though. I was disappointed by the Dictator; I only laughed a handful of times.[/QUOTE]

They only showed a shlong once if I recall. It was pretty graphic, but it really was hilarious in the context of the movie. I probably like Bruno slightly more than Borat because I felt like more of the people he "duped" deserved it.

[quote name='Ed_']I can't believe people liked Bruno. To me it was nothing more than a cockfest! I did like Borat a lot though. I was disappointed by the Dictator; I only laughed a handful of times.[/QUOTE]

My fiance and I went with some friends to see it when it first hit theaters. Our friends are fairly religious and ended up walking out 20 minutes in. By the time the movie was over, they were long gone and we didn't hear from any of them for at least a week.

If you have a problem with seeing a penis, why would you see a movie about the star of Austria's Gay TV?

Someone obviously didn't watch a single preview before watching this movie.

Also,If seeing a cock on the screen offends you,then maybe you shouldn't watch any more films that have "offensive" content.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']If you have a problem with seeing a penis, why would you see a movie about the star of Austria's Gay TV?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vap']Someone obviously didn't watch a single preview before watching this movie.

Also,If seeing a cock on the screen offends you,then maybe you shouldn't watch any more films that have "offensive" content.[/QUOTE]

:lol::applause: Way to put your own spin on things and take thing out of context! I didn't say I was offended, you are correct that I did not watch a preview at all. I rented the movie and was surprised that it was a dongfest. I didn't think it was funny,but in your minds that means I think it was offensive :roll:. If I'd been offended I wouldn't have watched anything else by Sacha...but I have...now carry on...

[quote name='Ed_']:lol::applause: Way to put your own spin on things and take thing out of context! I didn't say I was offended, you are correct that I did not watch a preview at all. I rented the movie and was surprised that it was a dongfest. I didn't think it was funny,but in your minds that means I think it was offensive :roll:. If I'd been offended I wouldn't have watched anything else by Sacha...but I have...now carry on...[/QUOTE]

When your sole criticism of a movie is calling it a "cockfest", there isn't any spin I have to put on your statement to come to my conclusion.

I just wish the release of this film on Blu-ray meant that 'Borat' was coming out on Blu, too. :(

I might just have to finally break down and buy it on Amazon.co.uk along with some more Doctor Who DVDs and the Mr. Bean movies on Blu-ray.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']What a sad person you must be.[/QUOTE]

I am not sad at all I just don't like paying $10 for absolute trash.

[quote name='buster90']I am not sad at all I just don't like paying $10 for absolute trash.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who asks for a refund at a movie theater because they didn't like the movie is a douchebag. If there were technical issues then ok but because you didn't like the movie? That's sad.

[quote name='ecwfan']Does anyone know if the fuzzy beard version and the regular version share the same sku?[/QUOTE]

Yes. 6226043

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Its the same standard edition.[/QUOTE]

This must be the only Blu-ray version they are carrying since there is only one on the website. The "Fuzzy Beard" edition in the ad is the same SKU as the one online.

b712b265bd0294943c90dc0735ce562c.jpg
232323232%7Ffp63588%3Enu%3D42%3B%3A%3E26%3B%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D3566%3A48462349nu0mrj

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up my copy. Nothing special really. Actually kind of shoddy. I thought it was going to be something wearable like the recent exclusives from Target. There was two different Blu-ray versions that share the same SKU.

[quote name='WingsDJY']If only this were real, and not just a mistaken use of an old image.[/QUOTE]

It's called "Bait & Switch".

[quote name='Vulcan2422']pics Taco?[/QUOTE]

These are mine from br.com

100_7433.jpg

Close up of beard.

100_7435.jpg

I was hoping that this thread would ease my doubts about making a purchase, but it's served only to weaken my resolve. I liked Borat, and didn't care much for Bruno. So I'm still on the fence about paying for this one.

Still waiting on my Amazon.com exclusive. I have not gotten any cancellation notice but is it is showing:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

For those who were on the fence like me, I ended up watching this the other night. I have to say, it's better than Bruno, but doesn't hold a candle to Borat. That's probably unfair, considering the impromptu/shock nature of the original film versus the entirely scripted Dictator, but it's a decent comedy. Definite some homage to Charlie Chaplin's "Great Dictator." Some spots where I was genuinely laughing my head off, but other moments I felt could've been left on the cutting room floor. Pace is a bit slow in some areas. Anna Faris actually steals some scenes from Cohen. If Borat was an A-, I'd say this is somewhere around a C.

bread's done
Back