Sony MSRP changes effective August 14th (PS3 and Vita games)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Credit: thekonamicode from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485951

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita. Here's the breakdown with the new MSRP.

It is not known how soon the price changes will take effect on PSN.

Vita

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
Little Deviants - $19.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip - $19.99
Reality Fighter - $19.99
Resistance: Burning Skies - $29.99
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - $39.99
Unit 13 - $29.99
Wipeout 2048 - $19.99

PS3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.99
Infamous 2 - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: All 4 One - $19.99
Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Twisted Metal - $39.99
Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack - $29.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Infamous 2 and jack and daxter collection for me ! I was hoping that motorstorm apocolypse would drop to though. I can finally use my 10$ off used game coupon on infamous 2 at gamestop :)

Nice, I have a b1g2 from renewing my PUR card. Think Im going to grag GT5XL, Jak and Daxter along with something else. Hope GS updates the prices that day.

Oh fuck. Wish they drop Twisted Metal prior to Aug 4th.
Would have got this free with the $40 off coupon from @gamer unlocked.

Yeah, Gran Turismo is mine, thanks
smile.gif

[quote name='mgford11']Wonder if the BB gaming blowout is really just new Sony MSRP pricing....[/QUOTE]

Good question as these drops happen 2 days after the sale starts

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']next stop, MSRP drop on vita :)[/QUOTE]LOL it'll happen in 2012 but there will be a sale around BF. There too busy making sure other retailers are taking the 4GB mem card outta the upcoming game bundles.

I can see another $70-$100 leaving my pocket & entering a BB register in the near future.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well Uncharted 3 GOTY cannot be too far behind.[/QUOTE]good point but not only that I think they continue their new marketing strategy & offer a Uncharted coll/trilogy could be good deal if priced @ $40 since a $30 sale won't be far behind.

[quote name='Tsel']Ratchet and Clank Future: All 4 One?[/QUOTE]

The "Future" series ended with Crack in Time. Insomniac has said so in the past when asked on the PS Blog.

Glad I ditched Uncharted 3 to GS this past Sat. I'm fully expecting a Uncharted Trilogy announcement - in fact, I plan to ditch the first 2 Uncharted games this week in anticipation of it.

Speaking of Uncharted, glad to see the retail price for Golden Abyss finally coming down to something reasonable. Now I'll just keep waiting on a sale to get it < $20.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Heads up for people wanting Uncharted Dual Pack: the GOTY voucher for Uncharted 2 expires September 1st.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, mine UC2 is still sealed from last Black Friday. Should prolly take care of that.

Hmmm....now maybe to get Wipeout Vita digitally (assuming the digital price drops as well)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well Uncharted 3 GOTY cannot be too far behind.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they need to hurry up and state a release date already. (14 DLC items is pretty sweet)

I'm glad I sold my vanilla UC3 this past weekend during GS's 50% bonus TIV considering this drop.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']hmm if sorcery is only $5 off at BB on Sunday, I might wait a bit longer[/QUOTE]

Yeah. With it dropping to $20, there are bound to be sales on it. Looks like I won't be rushing to play the demo.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Seriously motorstorm apocolypse just drop already. My ps3 exclusives collection needs you in it already[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you get it for $5 at Best Buy?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']next stop, MSRP drop on vita :)[/QUOTE]
this or a ridiculously cheap black Friday bundle would be the only conditions I consider a vita.

The post was updated on NeoGAF and it looks like Uncharted: Golden Abyss is only dropping to $39.99. I just purcahsed this game yesterday at Radio Shack (of all places) for $34.99, just FYI.

My patience with the J&D collection will finally pay off. I think it's the only major HD collection that I didn't buy day one and of course the only one that NEVER went on sale. Just my luck.

But finally a price drop.

And it's not that I don't think that's it's worth every penny of $40 but every other HD collection I bought dropped in price drastically soon after release and I figured this would do the same. Of course not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Why didn't you get it for $5 at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I did but flipperitus took over. I got over 15$ profit at gamestop for it and it went towards my vita lol

Now if they'll just change em on Playstation Rewards/Store.sony.com so I can use my PS card points! I'll be picking up GT5XL and J&D Collection. I want Unit 13 as well, but it's still a bit high. I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up at GS a while back.

[quote name='Fabrizo']The "Future" series ended with Crack in Time. Insomniac has said so in the past when asked on the PS Blog.[/QUOTE]

I know. That's why I was confused as to why it says Future.

In for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. About time the price dropped for that damnb game. Thanks for the heads up OP dood!

[quote name='strait edge follower']I did but flipperitus took over. I got over 15$ profit at gamestop for it and it went towards my vita lol[/QUOTE]

Mm hmm..:shame:

Especially when it was going for, like, $50!

I'll be picking up Jak and Daxter and GT5 XL. I'm still holding out for a Vita price drop. My patience will pay off when I have a brand new Vita and a bunch of games on the cheap.

TC, you might want to update the OP price for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The original link was updated that it should be $39.99 not $29.99.

Gonna get rid of my used copy (sadly caseless) of jak and daxter @best buy while the TIV is still $10 base ($16 with unlocked) New copy for little over $4 ain't bad. Thank you very much OP.

bread's done
Back