YMMV - Free Select Game for those who purchased Silent Hill HD X360 before 8/8

Punisher138

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Konami announced yesterday that they will not be releasing any further patches for the xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD collection.

For those of you who are like me and purchased the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection NEW and still have a receipt to prove it, if you send an email to [email protected] expressing your displeasure about the lack of further patches, you will be presented with a list of select games to choose a free copy from. The list is below. While not a great selection, its still better than nothing.

NDS:

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus

3DS:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)
Frogger 3DS
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Nikolis Pencil Puzzle
Deca Sports Freedom

Wii:

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
Castlevania Judgement
Dance Dance Revolution (2010)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)
Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)
Def Jam Rapstar
Dewy's Adventure
Fishing Master (Hudson)
Karaoke Revolution Glee
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3
Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)
The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice
Wing Island (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers

PS2:

Contra: Shattered Soldier
Frogger: The Great Quest
Karaoke Revolution Party
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International
Suikoden III
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses

PS3:

Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle
Hellboy The Science of Evil
Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)
Neverdead
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour

PSP:

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Rengoku
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5

XBOX 360:

Adrenalin Misfits
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Masters (Kinect)
DDR Universe 3 bundle
DDR (2010) Bundle
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)
Jimmy Johnson
Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle
KR Glee vol. 3
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Neverdead
Otomedius Excellent
Otomedius Excellent LE
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)
Rock Revolution
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill Downpour

XBOX:

AirForce Delta Storm
Bloody Roar Extreme
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3 bundle
DDR Ultramix 4 bundle
ESPN International Sports 2002
Frogger Beyond
Karaoke Revolution Party Game
King Arthur
Konami Classics vol1
Konami Classics vol2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
TMNT Nightmare
Whiteout
Winning Eleven 9
WTA Tour Tennis
Xiaolin Showdown

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who's played the originals: are the HD versions really that poorly done? I never got into them in the PS2 days but would like to give them a shot on the 360. Would I be bothered by the issues if I've never played the originals, anyway?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I heard pre-orders are on the list too. This is really cool of them.[/QUOTE]

I heard that too... but this was these were the only choices I was given. Had I been given the option for a free pre-order I wouldve been all over it. Instead I went with the Metal Gear HD Collection.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I heard pre-orders are on the list too. This is really cool of them.[/QUOTE]

That's what I heard too (ie LOS2), however it is not on the list I got. Neither was LOS LE for Xbox 360 (which is on the OP list).

Looking starkly at a list like this gives some indication of how far Konami has fallen as a publisher.
They give us Birds of Steel or Blades of Time, but not Blades of Steel?
F you, Konami.

[quote name='brianace']Looking starkly at a list like this gives some indication of how far Konami has fallen as a publisher.
They give us Birds of Steel or Blades of Time, but not Blades of Steel?
F you, Konami.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Nice, very clever. However, the list isn't that bad. Unless one is a Konami fanboy they should be able to find something. Silent Hill Origins seems to be missing, strangely.

Heard about the issues on the Silent Hill Collection and never got it. Now that the PS3 version got Patched, I'll be on the look out for a reasonably-priced copy ($25-ish).

Good Konami for allowing you guys a chance to get your money's worth with this.

That Metal Gear HD looks very nice. And for those multi-console fellows, you can get Silent Hill Collection on the PS3.

Damn Ill have to track down my receipt. Hopefully my local store (Bull Moose Music) has a system that can re-print receipts if I cannot find it. These "HD Remasters" really are that bad. A free game will definitely gain them my forgiveness. I still think that this collection should have simply been a bonus for the first run of SH: Downpour. As badly as that sold, and as much of a mess this HD fiasco turned out to be, hopefully they have learned their lesson.

Besides, arent people getting sick of these half-assed HD ports? They should be limited to pre-order or first-run copies of games and thats it. Reward us for buying your game new rather than used. These HD remasters would certainly help sell new copies if they were a throw in as a "thanks for supporting us" instead of being seen as a money grab.

Not really - would have been cool of them to fix the game. I know it's not your fault and I don't want to derail the thread but this doesn't make it right that they sold a POS and decided not to fix it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I will LOL at the guy who picks Rumble Roses.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='Mugatu']Not really - would have been cool of them to fix the game. I know it's not your fault and I don't want to derail the thread but this doesn't make it right that they sold a POS and decided not to fix it.[/QUOTE]

There's obviously a reason for that and this seems like a much more costly alternative. They could have just done nothing.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Is the PS3 copy of SH:HD really better than the 360 version now??? I would really like to know...[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Seems like Konami used some un-finished code from the games for the Collection. Because of this, some sounds and music where not included and some graphical glitches/issues appeared (apparently it also had some incorrect fog densities, which caused some ugly geometry and texture to show, where in the original release the fog would mostly mask it). Also, the water effects where not finish.

Konami apologized and issued the patch for the PS3 version in order to "finish the job". Now the game holds more true to the original.

For some reason, Konami decided not to patch the Xbox 360 version. Apparently it wasn't worth it, be it for the volume of copies sold or perhaps the cash Microsoft asked for (something similar happened with Fez).

[quote name='reynold4490']Yes.

Seems like Konami used some un-finished code from the games for the Collection. Because of this, some sounds and music where not included and some graphical glitches/issues appeared (apparently it also had some incorrect fog densities, which caused some ugly geometry and texture to show, where in the original release the fog would mostly mask it). Also, the water effects where not finish.

Konami apologized and issued the patch for the PS3 version in order to "finish the job". Now the game holds more true to the original.

For some reason, Konami decided not to patch the Xbox 360 version. Apparently it wasn't worth it, be it for the volume of copies sold or perhaps the cash Microsoft asked for (something similar happened with Fez).[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to know. I know a patch came out for the PS3 version, but I thought that was because the PS3 version was that much worse than the 360 version and the patch made the PS3 on par with the 360 version.

Did the PS3 patch fix all/most of the issues or is it still glaringly unfinished/bugged? I was on the lookout for a cheap 360 version, but I suppose PS3 is the way to go now.

[quote name='technicalstylez']best buy rz account transaction log ftw. free otomedius exc sounds good to me[/QUOTE]
So we CAN send a pic of our invoice ? Because that's what I planned on doing, I bought it from BB as well.

Yes, a picture of your receipt is fine. I sent them an email and they requested I either fax or email them a picture of my receipt as proof of purchase. So either or will work. Now to figure out the eta on the arrival of the free game..

[quote name='coolz481']They still have copies of Contra Shattered Soldier and Suikoden III? I haven't seen those new in nearly 10 years.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the list is pretty crazy. LoS LE was pretty rare to begin with, kinda surprised to see they are offering either version. I already own the LE game, but I wouldn't mind having another one just cause my slipcover is slightly cracked.

Guess we'll see what happens, besides I traded in this game waaay back in May lol, so no big deal for me.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']so just email them and complain or email them and ask for a free game?[/QUOTE]
Lol yeah, I feel bad just going in and bitching about it then at the end saying "So.. free game?". So I just ended up bitching about it, I'll see if they send me an e-mail with a list of what they offer and go from there.

Lol so um.. this is what I got, must say that was a pretty fast reply though:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Sir,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. We’re deeply apologetic for the obvious inconvenience and frustration this has caused you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Unfortunately due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version. The PS3 version was prioritized as it appeared to have the worst of any possible issues, and the Xbox 360 version contains fewer technical issues, and the remaining ones we are unfortunately unable to address.[/FONT]

[quote name='eXiON']Lol so um.. this is what I got, must say that was a pretty fast reply though:[/QUOTE]

How long did it take to get a response and did they offer you a game or was that the entire msg?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How long did it take to get a response and did they offer you a game or was that the entire msg?[/QUOTE]
That was the entire message, so I'm unsure how to throw them the REAL question, hah.

I sent them a e-mail practically like 10 minutes ago, and received that e-mail like a few minutes afterwards.

Hopefully someone can confirm this is legit though, cause otherwise no point in throwing them another e-mail.

[quote name='trunks982']if i buy the game right now can i still get it?[/QUOTE]

Had to be bought before 08/08/2012.

bread's done
Back