[DEAD]@Newegg; 72 Hour Sale w/Free Shipping

@Newegg;

White Knight Chronicles II (PS3): $15.99

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD (PS3):$15.99

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (PS3): $9.99 [Sold Out]

Nier (PS3): $9.99 [Sold Out]

Two Worlds 2 (PS3): $9.99 [Note: You can grab the PSN GOTY/Complete version for same price.]

Child of Eden (PS3): $9.99

I did not include the X-Box 360 version links for the games as I do not see the same promotional deal for the x-box 360 version of the games. Least not just yet. Didn't want to be guiding anyone stray and end up dragging my fluffy wolf tail in the dirt. :D The price for the 360 versions are higher than the promotional PS3 deals at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick read of Amazon reviews suggests they botched the sound in at least some of the PoP games. Also, I recall hearing about an issue with freezing if you don't have a live Internet connection; anyone know if that's true and/or if it's fixed?

[quote name='gantt']A quick read of Amazon reviews suggests they botched the sound in at least some of the PoP games. Also, I recall hearing about an issue with freezing if you don't have a live Internet connection; anyone know if that's true and/or if it's fixed?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the freezing issue, but they never fixed the surround sound in the PoP games. The HD ports were very sloppy and I can't recommend them.

I'm currently playing the third Prince of Persia game, and the audio for the music definitely needs fixing. It's not terrible but noticeable. The game is worth the price from this sale though.

As for Two Worlds, I just purchased the Game of the Year edition for the same $10 price from the PS Store. Just a heads up as you'll get all the dlc for the same price.

What's the general opinion for the other games, preferably Nier and WKCII?

Nier is absolutely amazing. It is the most criminally overlooked RPG this gen. The music is flat out fucking incredible. The story is also fantastic, and very different from your standard JRPG story. The gameplay is solid, not amazing, but still very good. The voice acting is also very strong. I can't recommend NIER enough!

[quote name='Awcrap']I'm currently playing the third Prince of Persia game, and the audio for the music definitely needs fixing. It's not terrible but noticeable. The game is worth the price from this sale though.

As for Two Worlds, I just purchased the Game of the Year edition for the same $10 price from the PS Store. Just a heads up as you'll get all the dlc for the same price.

What's the general opinion for the other games, preferably Nier and WKCII?[/QUOTE]

I know for Nier, I managed to grab it on sale before at $9.99. The music/soundtrack was the main drive that kept me sucked in and playing it. (No really, I can't stress it enough. The music is insanely amazing in a howling orgasmic way) Story was good as well. The gameplay was less than memorable. But NOT horrid. They had a lot of great ideas for the gameplay(minigames and such), but it just didn't turn out like you'd expect. Collision issues and camera issues. It's kind of a hit and miss game. You either like it or you don't. It's highly underlooked though, and is really a great game! I'd suggest looking on Youtube at actual gameplay vids of others playing it, then decide. If you have money to burn it's worth the listed $9.99 price. : )~

FINALLY, every time Child of Eden for PS3 drops to $10; it goes out of stock before I notice the deal, but not this time!!

Also, anyone wanna try and push El Shaddai on me? I'm waiting for $5-6 for it; but if anyone wants to woe me with tales of its awesomeness and worthwhile getting at $10 now, I'll listen...

ok, I finally bit on Nier. The price is right and I've heard a TON of good things about this game. And most importantly, zaku's post just put it over the top for me:

[quote name='Zaku77']Nier is absolutely amazing. It is the most criminally overlooked RPG this gen. The music is flat out fucking incredible. The story is also fantastic, and very different from your standard JRPG story. The gameplay is solid, not amazing, but still very good. The voice acting is also very strong. I can't recommend NIER enough![/QUOTE]

...I can't wait to play this!

Oh, and thanks to the OP!

I've had Nier for over a year and have yet to play it. My backlog is too much. I think I only paid $15 for it back then, at least.

One thing to note: there is an extra 'ending' to NIER in the Japanese only perfect guide book. It's a really important part to the ending, so that is something to look for after finishing it. You also need to play the game through 4 times to see all endings (the stack and continue each other). It's not the same each time, though. The first is the longest. The subsequent playthroughs have new content and start over half way through the game. That was TMI, but... BUY IT! lol

El Shaddai is also a no brainer at this price. Admittedly, I've only played the demo, but just for experiencing that gorgeous art style alone. I mean, ten bucks. That's as much or less than a movie ticket.

Already got everything in the sale, but I'll throw out a NieR recommendation.

The score is absolutely the best part of the game and you're gonna want the soundtrack(and the tribute/Piano albums) after you play the game for a few hours. SO DAMN GOOD!

The characters and story are well above the run of the mill story telling found in most JRPGs. Even some of the side quests had me emotionally invested. I cried on more than one occasion.:cry:

Combat is mixed in with bullet hell and is quite fun. The voice acting is very well done.

I bought this game used and felt so bad that I didn't spend money on it. I returned my used copy and bought it new. Then bought the DLC, which is 100% worth buying for the music alone.

Might as well chime in as well. Nier is a no brainer for 10 bucks, even if just for the soundtrack. Story is gdlk as well.

White Knight 2 is absolutely worth 16. Two games in one, better battle system, online play (think of it as a mini MMO) and solid (not great) story. Playing as the White Knights is fun.

finally picked up el shaddai and nier, lots of positive feedback on nier from cag's not just on this thread.

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']is that the lowest PoP has been?[/QUOTE]

I remember PoP was $12.99 during a Gamefly sale.

Damn, I already have all of these. Great prices though.

Allow me to toss my hat into the ring with those recommending Nier. Absolutely excellent game.

At $10 I'd also highly recommend el Shaddai. I paid $20 new for it on Amazon back in February and thought it was worth every penny of that.

NIER is so good. Great music and great storyline with a great twist after you see more endings. Some people really hate it, though, and I guess I can see why. The graphics look a little dated, gameplay isn't very involved, not a lot of enemy variation... if that kind of stuff bothers you, I'd say stay away. But if you want a game that's going to stick with you well after you play it, definitely pick up NIER. It's one of my favorites from this generation.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'm tempting to get NIER. How long is the gameplay?[/QUOTE]
It depends on whether you want all the endings and do all the sidequests. There's a trophy for a speed run of 15 hours, which tells you about how fast you can make it through if that's your goal. But a more realistic playthrough is about 30-40 hours, or 70-90 hours if you want the platinum.

Side note: you definitely want all the endings.

I thought Nier was mediocre as hell myself. Tepid gameplay and a plot that ruined its own creativity with heavy handed melodrama so unsubtle that I was laughing at the game's many forced sad moments.

Will never understand the appeal of the game.

It's already been said, but I'll throw it out again.

Nier is absolutely fantastic. The story really makes you want to play the game to find out what happens and the whole world has intriguing lore behind it. The system is like an action/hack and slash style but it has some good special moves and doesn't get overwhelmingly complex at any point.

It isn't your typical RPG with happiness and sunshine abounding, the setting and story events are very dark. IMO the atmosphere really makes this game stand out.

Picked up Child of Eden, thought about Nier but decided not too because I know I will not have the time to finish or even start it. Am already playing Kingdoms of Amalur and I feel the gameplay youtube vids for Nier are not up to par.

Nier was my GOTY for 2010 and I'm still bummed Cavia is no more and we'll never see a sequel. I remember being pissed we were forced to get Gestalt instead of Replicant, but in the end Gestalt was the way it should have been. Godlike soundtrack. Don't be put off by having to replay it a few times, you can tear through the second half of the game really fast. IIRC the first play through took me about 30 hours and each replay was about 6 hours and expanded the story enough to stay interesting. Think I finished at around 45-47 hours.

Damn you, CAG!! I was just going to order El Shaddai because I've had my eye on it for a while. Then I read all this talk about Nier in the thread and now I have to check it out for myself. I swear...if not for CAG I'd have a much fatter wallet. Thanks, OP...thanks a lot. Sheesh :p

[quote name='showtimefolks']How is the combat in neir? Real time hack and slash or turn based? I just don't want something so complicated that it's not that much fun[/QUOTE]

Real time combat.

I can also recommend Nier. Great game. So overlooked. Gets a bad rap. Sure it has flaws, but the overall experience is still worth it.

Just finished El Shaddai last weekend. Was good.

Child of Eden also great.

grabbed NIER after much prodding from a buddy. don't have many JRPGs under my belt and at the end of Valkyria Chronicles, so we'll see how that goes. thx OP!

Yeh I am trying nier too even thought most reviewers called it borng an last 5 hours are the best. I will side with my community since you guys are not biased

$10 is a gear price to jump in.

What's the word on 2 worlds 2?

Thanks OP. I picked up El Shaddai. That game just looks interesting to me and even with my huge backlog of games this is a price I feel I can't go wrong with.

I had POP hd collection and since this was one of the earliest one to come out UBI did a really bad job. So I sold my copy off now not sure if I should buy it again for $15. My thinking is this will be a bargain bin under $10 before the year's end

[quote name='ckc4043']Must resist...wait bb deal!!![/QUOTE]
IKR. It's tempting to get Child of Eden now but since there's a limited return policy for it, I'll probably just wait til Sunday.

Thanks though OP.

bread's done
Back