SWTOR CE - $29.99 @Gamestop YMMV

C_Rig

CAGiversary!
Just in local GameStop - they had 4 Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Editions for $29.99.

The local Best Buy had it listed for $74.99.

I price matched at Best Buy and got it for $29.99.

The Best Buy rep told me they had just lowered it to $74.99 as of today, and it looks like Fry's also is running a $19.99 price on the other post.

Hope this helps and may the force be with you.

This game is going free to play soon right? As in you could possibly swoop up a cheap collectors edition and in short time play the game at no additional cost right?

Yes. The game is going F2P this fall. The CE comes with some exclusive bonus extras and I believe it also has 30 days paid subscription.

Got the last one on the north side of Chicago (at least according to GameStop.com). Now I need to upgrade my computer to actually play it.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I want it, but my PC can't run it. :(
Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Only point of the CE are the extras- base game is going to be free in a month as its going F2P

[quote name='C_Rig']Yes. The game is going F2P this fall. The CE comes with some exclusive bonus extras and I believe it also has 30 days paid subscription.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention it comes with that sweet ass statue.

[quote name='Attikus']Not to mention it comes with that sweet ass statue.[/QUOTE]

That's the only reason I'd try to hunt one of these down...I have no interest in an MMORPG even if it is free, I never saw the point of playing a game that has no end, but that's just me.

I checked this morning and the closest one that had "low stock" was 8 miles away...even with credit I don't care enough to go out of my way.

Good price for those that want the whole package and will play the game I suppose.

The statue I think is great. I've bought the skyrim, max Payne and uncharted CE over the past year and this one is the highest quality. The map feels nice as does the journal.

Thanks OP snagged one coming back from vaca today. Wife was a little shocked when I came out with the box (she said: "I thought you were just buying a video game"; me: "I did."; her: "another goddamn statue?!").

Agree about the quality of the statue-- much nicer than mp3 & uc3, but I think the gears statue was my favorite this year. Until someone turned it sideways and it looks like Marcus is taking a dump. Either way great deal for $30. Looking forward to this and glad I waited.

thanks OP, snagged the last one, the people working thought I was a fool for wanting to buy it until they realized it was only 30 dollars. Too bad for them because they all wanted it afterwards, haha

I have one put to the side...not sure if I want it or not. I think it looks awesome and I played it way back..just thinking it over now.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']thanks OP, snagged the last one, the people working thought I was a fool for wanting to buy it until they realized it was only 30 dollars. Too bad for them because they all wanted it afterwards, haha[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me -

When I walked into GameStop, the floor model still had the $149.99 price tag displayed. The employees didn't realize it until I asked for the price match from the K-Mart thread

I'm not big on MMORPGs, but I am treating it like 8 individual stories by Bioware and once it goes F2P, I'll take my time with it.

Or you could just buy one and sit on it and see if the value goes up over time and sell it later.

You rule OP, I noticed this before I saw the post, no way does this need a YMMV tag I think. Store I was out had the 4x5 label with the $149.99 scratched out and written in Sharpy $29.99. I was actually inquiring about a not marked lowered Duke Nukem BoS Ed (I know, and still $19.99) so the employee actually pointed it out. I left b/c they had two, checked the Frys, they were out, and went back a few hours later to grab one. When the clerk grabbed mine, he got both down and said he was buying the other one when the close. Crazy!

I am about to install on a first year Dell AiO with a ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200 built in chip, so it will look like crap, but will it run? :lol:

edit: and also I didn't realize (read: forgot) that there is a Steelbook inside! I was quite shocked b/c I didn't even pick that up when I was checking the details on Amazon earlier..it just makes the $29.99 more justifiable in light of the free-to-play thing..

Yeah, someone posted right after I did that the gamestop.com website list it at 29.99; I hadn't checked the website before posting, but just wanted to get the info out quick. The steelbook and extras are pretty decent for the price.

Picked one up tonight thanks for the tip. Missed out when newegg had these in stock at 29.99. I think for the statue alone is worth 30 dollars. The extra swag is a bonus plus it comes with a $30.00 off coupon for gentlegiantltd.com.

I did the calculation. The Digital Deluxe is $20, but of course the game will go free. So I say, the month is worth the $15. The statue worth $5, the digital content worth $5, and so I'm at $25. Then toss in the authenticator. That's $5.

$30. Of course, the statue is nicer than $5 worth of material, so really you're doing pretty good. Plus, you get easy access to unique stores using the CE and the authenticator. Neither store is particularly awesome, though. Still, more access is more access. You get a book, a soundtrack, a giant ass box, and a coupon for gentlegiant. Plus a coupon for Razer if you're into insanely overpriced gray Old Republic-branded Razer hardware (10% off $100 or more purchase of TOR-branded items).

So I decided to pick it up. After I just missed getting one of two CE's that were at my local GS's, I had to drive 30 minutes to another town and get one there. As I walked out of the dilapidated shell of a social hub that the locals colloquially called, "the mall," where this poor, misbegotten and forgotten Gamestop was unfortunately located, I felt the first patter of a raindrop. Looking up, I felt another. And another. That was when I sensed a disturbance in the Force. The universe was conflicted and much of the divine was not pleased. Somewhere, something felt I had overreached. My deal was too great and the universe could not let me have this deal without cost. If cost would not be money, then cost must be annoyance.

A monsoon began not long after. Dodging idiots on the interstate after the Heavens tried to impede my glorious mission by drowning my car with me inside it, I deftly navigated around fools sent to try and drive up the cost of my deal by including me in an accidental vehicular collision. They did their best to make that happen and kept pulling off to the side of the road before then expecting to get back ONTO the main road in the heaviest of rains. All the while, I cannot see more than one foot in front of my divine vehicle. And still, I pushed through wall after wall of water. Journeying through concussive waves of water and maneuvering around idiot drivers just to make it home, I believe the universe was appeased once I arrived. The clouds parted briefly and the sun shined down over me. My resolve had been tested. I was found worthy.

And as all 100% Genuine CAG'ers know, the true sweetness of the deal is not the finished installation, but the battle through which you persevered to begin it. I battled Father Time and Mother Nature to acquire my precious cargo and in so doing found myself a stronger CAG'er for having done it.

(Also, mini-Darth Malgus laughs at their pathetic attempts to keep me from having my precious.)

All $29.99 (plus tax) of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
holy shit, it works on my PC! does indeed look like crap and I got kicked off a server after five mins..but I'll keep giving it a go.

And its my understanding that we hAVE to sign up for a type of subscription? I looked for a 'game time' code all in the box, even re-entered the registration..finally just checked the $14.99 and linked Paypal..

Also, I saw a lot of business for linking your EA account, I never got official prompts to do that and don't see many options as to where to do that.

I've been out of town til today, and have missed the SWTOR CE madness. I tried to do in-store pickup at GS, but they've removed the option. Placed a Frys in-store pickup for $19.99, but was sent a cancellation email. Called the only GS in 10 miles that had one when they opened, and they put the last one on hold for me. Surprisingly, it was sealed; a little shelf worn, but sealed! Thanks OP!

[quote name='token2k6']holy shit, it works on my PC! does indeed look like crap and I got kicked off a server after five mins..but I'll keep giving it a go.

And its my understanding that we hAVE to sign up for a type of subscription? I looked for a 'game time' code all in the box, even re-entered the registration..finally just checked the $14.99 and linked Paypal..

Also, I saw a lot of business for linking your EA account, I never got official prompts to do that and don't see many options as to where to do that.[/QUOTE]

I entered a credit card and then immediately removed it from my account. I didn't get charged and I assume they can't charge me now. Still playing with my 30 days. I'm level 19 now I think, having a good time with it so far.

Glad everyone is able to get these, a few stores near me still have them and I hope they still do come payday. I'll be picking one up for sure.

I've always had my eye on this, I would see it at best buy every time, saw it for 89 at one point and thought that was a good deal, but now that I got it for 30, even better. the statue is so damn nice.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I did the calculation. The Digital Deluxe is $20, but of course the game will go free. So I say, the month is worth the $15. The statue worth $5, the digital content worth $5, and so I'm at $25. Then toss in the authenticator. That's $5.

$30. Of course, the statue is nicer than $5 worth of material, so really you're doing pretty good. Plus, you get easy access to unique stores using the CE and the authenticator. Neither store is particularly awesome, though. Still, more access is more access. You get a book, a soundtrack, a giant ass box, and a coupon for gentlegiant. Plus a coupon for Razer if you're into insanely overpriced gray Old Republic-branded Razer hardware (10% off $100 or more purchase of TOR-branded items).

So I decided to pick it up. After I just missed getting one of two CE's that were at my local GS's, I had to drive 30 minutes to another town and get one there. As I walked out of the dilapidated shell of a social hub that the locals colloquially called, "the mall," where this poor, misbegotten and forgotten Gamestop was unfortunately located, I felt the first patter of a raindrop. Looking up, I felt another. And another. That was when I sensed a disturbance in the Force. The universe was conflicted and much of the divine was not pleased. Somewhere, something felt I had overreached. My deal was too great and the universe could not let me have this deal without cost. If cost would not be money, then cost must be annoyance.

A monsoon began not long after. Dodging idiots on the interstate after the Heavens tried to impede my glorious mission by drowning my car with me inside it, I deftly navigated around fools sent to try and drive up the cost of my deal by including me in an accidental vehicular collision. They did their best to make that happen and kept pulling off to the side of the road before then expecting to get back ONTO the main road in the heaviest of rains. All the while, I cannot see more than one foot in front of my divine vehicle. And still, I pushed through wall after wall of water. Journeying through concussive waves of water and maneuvering around idiot drivers just to make it home, I believe the universe was appeased once I arrived. The clouds parted briefly and the sun shined down over me. My resolve had been tested. I was found worthy.

And as all 100% Genuine CAG'ers know, the true sweetness of the deal is not the finished installation, but the battle through which you persevered to begin it. I battled Father Time and Mother Nature to acquire my precious cargo and in so doing found myself a stronger CAG'er for having done it.

(Also, mini-Darth Malgus laughs at their pathetic attempts to keep me from having my precious.)

All $29.99 (plus tax) of it.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Got BBY to price match. The CE also comes with a $30 coupon for a purchase on Gentle Giants website (makers of the statue and other very cool Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Marvel, Sucker Punch, etc statues and mini busts).

bread's done
Back