Akai Katana Xbox 360 for $19.99 at New Egg!

More the price it really should be proper for a shump. If only I had held out.

That said, damn fine shump. Probably one of my favorites of the genre.

$10 cheaper than Amazon. People have been talking about Amazon dropping the ball recently with video game deals. No. Amazon has taken that ball and chucked it into the heart of a volcano, man.

So glad this is sold out. My pocketbook is getting tight and I've been waiting for this one to drop to sub $20 for a while. Great find OP.

Just watched a couple of gameplay videos and I gotta say this game would drive me nuts with all the stuff happening onscreen. Looks insanely fun, though. The only game I have right now with similar gameplay is Deathsmiles. I'll pick this up next time it goes on sale... Hopefully!

o.o; And another thing about Deathsmiles, the Limited Edition usually goes on sale regularly on Newegg or Amazon for $14.99 with the soundtrack CD and faceplate.

[quote name='Az986']Waiting for $15 . I've hardly even played Dodonpachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II.[/QUOTE]

lol...

these shmps are great....

gsme is easily worth 20 bucks.

Pretty cool game. I got my copy in the other day....

Question for those that have already played it... How do you start a 2 player simultaneous game? I found where to start as P1 or P2, but wither way, I couldn't get the 2nd player to join in... The back of the box does say 1-2 players. What am I missing?

This is now down to $17.12 on Amazon (3rd party seller, FSSS):

http://www.amazon.com/Akai-Katana-X...F8&qid=1345922031&sr=1-1&keywords=akai+katana

Also still available on Newegg for 19.99. And FYI in case anyone didn't hear about it, Under Defeat HD is going to be released in North America for PS3 (retail and download), by Rising Star Games:

http://www.risingstargames.com/game.aspx?sku=under-defeat-hd-deluxe-edition-ps3:AMS

No word yet on a 360 version unfortunately, but I'll take the game on whatever formats they release it on!! Great news for shmup fans.

[quote name='Rsmobile']May as well let Under Defeat hit $20 too.[/QUOTE]

Under Defeat is PS3 only in the US, so it will have a smaller print.

[quote name='62t']Under Defeat is PS3 only in the US, so it will have a smaller print.[/QUOTE]

Akai Katana was exclusive to the 360 in the US and that did little to stop it from hitting $20. Does Sony allow publishers to press fewer copies of games than Microsoft does?

[quote name='Thrinn']Akai Katana was exclusive to the 360 in the US and that did little to stop it from hitting $20. Does Sony allow publishers to press fewer copies of games than Microsoft does?[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 games requires a minim print of 50,000. Sony doesn't.

[quote name='62t']Xbox 360 games requires a minim print of 50,000. Sony doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I hadn't heard about any specifics before. Any idea of Sony's minimum number? Is there a site that you got these numbers from?

[quote name='62t']http://kotaku.com/5064895/is-microsoft-making-it-harder-for-small-developers[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but that's from 2008. Platform owners typically slowly decrease the minimum number of copies that must be produced as consoles age in order to keep publishers interested. Without specific numbers from Sony, and more recent numbers from Microsoft, it's difficult to assume that the platform is the determining factor of whether or not a shmup eventually hits $20 or not. Only time will tell I guess. ;)

bread's done
Back