[DEAD]@Newegg; 24 Hr Sale Only; Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition/w FS

Thanks for the post. Meh on the game. I'll check it out when it hits the bargain bin.

I enjoyed the first one's campaign. The mutliplayer was kind of neat too but I hated the fact that there was no participation/loser XP. If you were facing a formidable team, you'd end up with nothing to show for it after a lengthy match. I gave up on trying for those achievements once I realized that.

Also, I liked the fact that I got to play as Middle Eastern terrorists. I would shout, "Allah! Allah Ackbah!, Die Infidels, I declare Jihad, etc." as I'd be charging the other team.

Edit: This pre-order deal actually lasts 48 hours and expires at
11:59PM PT on Sunday, 8/12/12.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']Thanks for the post. Meh on the game. I'll check it up when it hits the bargain bin.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The last Medal of Honor was nothing special to me. No real interest in the BF4 beta either.

I liked the campaign for MoH, it was far better than Black Ops. In fact I thought Black Ops was the weakest of the HoH/BF/CoD games.

After seeing the Amazon steelbook reply above I checked and the price is now $52.81:360::ps3: $51.24:pc:. Had to jump in and lock the price down will decide later if I wanna keep the order or not.

The last one was fun online for a couple days and then you saw all the flaws, SP was a cakewalk you could walk up to people and pop them.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I can't wait for the game but Amazon's got my preorder locked with the awesome steelbook they're including.[/QUOTE]

Hhmmmm. I did not know about this steelcase til you mentioned it. Amazon it is. $5 more, plus no tax, for a steelcase. Sounds good to me. Thanks!

I thought MoH's campaign kicked the crap out of its contemporaries. MW2, 3, and Blops, and I liked MW2, 3, and Blops for what they were. Pacing, level design, balance, all better in MoH. Plus I loved that the story in MoH felt much more like authentic professional soldiers rather than the tryhard lingo-spewing of the MWs.

The biggest problem I had with MoH was they balanced the whole thing, even their hardest difficulty, toward that silly Tier One score attack mode, so the whole game was easy as hell to not die, because in Tier One, if you died, you lost all of the 20 minute level you were schlepping through. Tier One, however, was dumb for the same reasons Max Payne 3 is: You can't skip all the scripted nonsense and in level cutscenes. Nobody gave MW1's score attack mode a second glance so it seems odd that MoH copied that after the fact.

Of course, when you look at other modern shooters hardest difficulties, like the CoDs, you see nothing but bullcrap, so I don't know how ungrateful I should be regarding this.

That said, I'll pick this up on the cheap. I had no interest in MoH's MP and don't see myself going for Warfighter's MP. Plus, GR:Future Soldier's inevitable drop soon will fill the void.

This is the prototypical Redbox game.

$2, man. I think I'll pick up a footlong sub and an Arizona tea while I'm at it.

Not even EA thinks this game will sell that much, they are expecting MOH: Warfighter to only sell 1.44 million units.

The online community will probably be half dead when Halo 4 comes out along with Black Ops 2.

[quote name='Pojo']This is the prototypical Redbox game.

$2, man. I think I'll pick up a footlong sub and an Arizona tea while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]THIS! No interest in this what-so-ever. And I surely won't buy it just to play a beta :roll:

EDIT: Thank OP for the heads up though!

[quote name='Pojo']This is the prototypical Redbox game.

$2, man. I think I'll pick up a footlong sub and an Arizona tea while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]

For me, that game would be Black Ops 2. Copy cat of the ideas in Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Multiplayer gameplay looks lame. Campaign will be the same as all the other CoDs. Actually, I might not even Redbox it. Just watch campaign walkthroughs on Youtube....

bread's done
Back