Get 100 Free Microsoft Points courtesy of Scotiabank

TeaBisquit

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, I posted this in the Contests & Free Stuff forum as well, but since it's open to Canadian residents only, I figured I'd post it here as well!

There is a Scotiabank SCENE advertisement that says "Get 100 Free Xbox points today." Click it, download the gamerpic pack, and get your free 100 MSPoints.

Fineprint states the offer ends at 11:59pm ET on Sept 7/9 or while supplies of 17,040 last, limit one per xbox live account, offer only open to legal Canadian residents who are the age of majority.

[quote name='ShyYoshi']ok, I finally found it. but does it reward you with the 100 MS points right away?[/QUOTE]

I think that they email it to you.

I can't find this offer... is it online or one of the ads on Xbox? I searched through all the menus but I didn't see anything.

[quote name='Heartless18']I can't find this offer... is it online or one of the ads on Xbox? I searched through all the menus but I didn't see anything.[/QUOTE]

If your account is Canadian, it should appear in the dashboard ads. It's red and white, with a red SCENE debit card in it.

[quote name='firehawk12']For what it's worth, I had to restart my xbox a couple of times to have the add appear.[/QUOTE]

I just logged on and found it under the apps section. hopefully it works..thanks op!

Thanks, OP. Found the add under the TV tab when I first booted the old 360 up. I downloaded both the gamer pic and the theme just to be safe. 100 MS points might not be much be free points are always welcome. Thanks again.

Did anybody get an e-mail as described in the Terms and Conditions?

I wonder if you can just browse the gamerpics and download right from the marketplace without having to wait for the ad to come around in rotation...

thanks for the heads-up, that's pretty sweet. Including Taco Bell cards, I've gotten 300 points free this month (plus 260 from xbox rewards)

What is the deal with the Taco Bell cards?

And thanks to the original poster ... I was able to finally find the ad on my dashboard after a day or so.

Thanks for the tip, it only took one refresh (launched an app, then back out) to the Xbox dash to find it.

[quote name='onemorechanc']What is the deal with the Taco Bell cards?[/QUOTE] http://tacobell.xboxpromo.ca/
They're supposed to give you the card if you have a valid purchase or they might forget and you ask for it.

Not sure, but I think I actually got 160 points. I had 1020, bought a song for Rock band then had 960. Just checked and I'm back up to 1020. Checked my account history and it said " points added 13/08/2012. Weird.

[quote name='Mr.']Thanks for the tip, it only took one refresh (launched an app, then back out) to the Xbox dash to find it.

http://tacobell.xboxpromo.ca/
They're supposed to give you the card if you have a valid purchase or they might forget and you ask for it.[/QUOTE]

Void in Quebec, as usual.

[quote name='Korahn']Not sure, but I think I actually got 160 points. I had 1020, bought a song for Rock band then had 960. Just checked and I'm back up to 1020. Checked my account history and it said " points added 13/08/2012. Weird.[/QUOTE]

Could it have been a deposit from the Xbox Live Rewards program? I doubt this offer would screw up and give you extra while some of us that entered before you replied have yet to see anything.

No, it wasn't from either actually. Not sure where the 160 came from (I had 260 a day earlier from rewards), and MS seems to have taken away those 160 points. So, still nothing from Scotiabank promo. Might redownload.

For those curious:

Free offer (“Offer”) of 100 Microsoft Points (the “Gift”) available from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 10, 2012 to 11:59 p.m. ET on September 7, 2012 (“Offer Period”) to Xbox LIVE Gold and free members who are legal residents of Canada, are of the age of majority, and have access to an Xbox 360 gaming console at the time of participation. Participants must log on to Xbox LIVE through an Xbox 360 gaming console, navigate to the Scotiabank landing page and download the Scotiabank Gamer Pic Pack as instructed.There will be seventeen thousand forty (17,040) Gifts available during the Offer Period and they will be offered to the first seventeen thousand forty (17,040) eligible participants to apply. Approximate retail value of each Gift is $1.25.

The Gift will be awarded in the form of a code, which gift recipients can redeem on Xbox LIVE or Xbox.com. Microsoft Canada Inc. (“Microsoft”) will send the Gift via e-mail to the e-mail address indicated on the Xbox LIVE account profile used to participate along with other Scotiabank promotional offers within eight (8) weeks following the end of the Offer Period.

Points’ expiration date will be provided upon delivery, if applicable. Gift recipients must SPEND their Microsoft Points prior to this expiration date. By participating, entrant agrees to be notified using the email address provided in the entrant’s Xbox LIVE account by Microsoft and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Offer. All registrations and transactions are subject to validation by Microsoft, whose decisions are final. No substitution, transfer, sale, or cash redemption permitted, except that Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a gift of equal or greater value. Neither Microsoft nor The Bank of Nova Scotia is responsible for technical errors of any kind, including software or network transmission errors. Limit one (1) Gift per Xbox LIVE account.

LOL, 8 weeks to get 100 pts.

I can only see Kinect sports 2 demo I live in canada with canadian account, I refreshed dash many times and restarted console 3 times so far (also im in beta) any ideas?

thx

Shawn

Shawn: Try going to Games > Browse Games > Extras > Gamer Pics. You can download the Scotia Bank Gamer Pic Pack from there. Hopefully, that's good enough to be registered for the points offer.

thx for the advice guy but im pretty sure its not there (the gamer pic pack), there was a previous a previous one which I do have downloaded already

Shawn

[quote name='Korahn']

LOL, 8 weeks to get 100 pts.[/QUOTE]

That's not that much different than the XBL rewards program. I think they have to accrue to a minimum amount, then get paid out once a month. I don't go crazy trying to get
them, but free points are free points.

Just got mine today as well. The email is sent by "Xbox 360" and the subject said "Never pay for a movie again with a SCENE(R)* debit card*‏"

Check your junk mail folder.

Yup. Too bad there is no Ceineplex in the maritimes, or I'd have even gone with the Scotiabank card.

I got the e-mail today, but there's no code in it, it just says "coupon" in the box where the code is supposed to be. Anyone else have this problem? I don't see any support links in the e-mail either ...

[quote name='RadiantViper']I got the e-mail today, but there's no code in it, it just says "coupon" in the box where the code is supposed to be. Anyone else have this problem? I don't see any support links in the e-mail either ...[/QUOTE]

Your e-mail client is blocking the images. Turn that feature off, and you'll be able to see the code.

[quote name='Jouvert']Your e-mail client is blocking the images. Turn that feature off, and you'll be able to see the code.[/QUOTE]

Nothing else is blocked, and I don't see the usual message to unblock ...

got my points today too, right below the code it has an expiration date on when to spend it by. i never knew they expire...

bread's done
Back