(Calgary) Gaming Clearance @ Walmart

Eoyote

CAGiversary!
The following items are currently marked as clearance at my local Walmart (Macelod Trail):

($20 )Wii Play Motion:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/wii-pla...leName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=
($10) Wii Zapper w/ Link's Crossbow Training:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/wii-zap...leName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=
($30) New Owner`s Kit (PS3):
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/new-own...eName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=#
($20) Cabela`s Bit Game Hunter 2012:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/cabelas...leName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=
($15) Tac Com Bluetooth Headset:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hs-ps3-...leName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=
($50) PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/wireles...leName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=
($30) Ultimate Combo Pack - Resistance:
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/the-ult...tion+3&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=#
($20) MAG Bluetooth Bundle:
(Can't find it on the website but I spotted 3-4 of them at the store.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it might be store related which is weird as I thought prices at Walmart were chain wide.

[quote name='Eoyote']I guess it might be store related which is weird as I thought prices at Walmart were chain wide.[/QUOTE]

Do you know the postal code of a walmart that has it at the reduced price. I will try to use the postal code to price match at futureshop or bestbuy etc.

[quote name='geogolem']Do you know the postal code of a walmart that has it at the reduced price. I will try to use the postal code to price match at futureshop or bestbuy etc.[/QUOTE]

Good idea!

[quote name='geogolem']Do you know the postal code of a walmart that has it at the reduced price. I will try to use the postal code to price match at futureshop or bestbuy etc.[/QUOTE]

Yes please let us know the postal code because my area also shows up as $48.83.

I did some looking around and noticed the price is only showing up for my local store (Macleod Trail), unfortunately. I`ll update the OP to reflect this.

[quote name='Eoyote']I did some looking around and noticed the price is only showing up for my local store (Macleod Trail), unfortunately. I`ll update the OP to reflect this.[/QUOTE]

Just to help everyone out. The postal code for this wal-mart is T2J 0P7
So if you want to try and price match at other places there you go.
It does say it's a clearance item though and some stores don't price match clearance but you never know if your store will allow it.

Thanks for posting this Calgary deal, Eoyote. Nothing of interest for me. Will recommend the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset to those who don't already have one.

I successfully Price Beat this at a Bestbuy in Ontario. I got it for $17+tax. The website didn't say clearance anywhere (it only says it if you choose the Calgary store and load up the product page but doesnt say it on the popup that lists store prices/stock). He verified the price and that the website said it was in stock and PMed it no probem. According to the bestbuy policy it just has to be readily available in Canada. The old policy specified kilometer ranges but the new one doesn't. The policy doesn't include "clearance" items but it wasn't clearly marked clearance on the pop-up on the website.

Thanks!

[quote name='geogolem']I successfully Price Beat this at a Bestbuy in Ontario. I got it for $17+tax. The website didn't say clearance anywhere (it only says it if you choose the Calgary store and load up the product page but doesnt say it on the popup that lists store prices/stock). He verified the price and that the website said it was in stock and PMed it no probem. According to the bestbuy policy it just has to be readily available in Canada. The old policy specified kilometer ranges but the new one doesn't. The policy doesn't include "clearance" items but it wasn't clearly marked clearance on the pop-up on the website.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

oh nice, so how would i go about pm'ing at my local bestbuy? would i bring in a printout or do i tell them to check on the site in store or what? if i have to bring in a printout, would it just be a printout of the popup that lists all the stores and stock?

Usually if you want to attempt such a thing, you should just bring a smartphone. Printouts are easily modified/faked, and the CSR is supposed to check the actual ad. The CSR can click and confirm stuff all they want if you just hand them the pre-loaded obscure page.

[quote name='toofeht']sweet ill take my ipod touch in and try to get that stereo headset if i can[/QUOTE]

Its YMMV but its worth a shot or two. Just go in bring up the walmart page for the item and enter the calgary postal code where the sale is. Hopefully they won't notice its clearance. If they try to argue that its in Calgary and its too far refer to their policy which says it must be in Canada and in stock (which the site indicates is true); however if they realize its a clearance item then according to their policy they don't need to price match/beat it but most lkely they won't notice that its on clearance since you have to actually load the product page with the corresponding store pre-selected in order for it to say its clearance. Good luck! Post back with your results here ;)

[quote name='geogolem']Its YMMV but its worth a shot or two. Just go in bring up the walmart page for the item and enter the calgary postal code where the sale is. Hopefully they won't notice its clearance. If they try to argue that its in Calgary and its too far refer to their policy which says it must be in Canada and in stock (which the site indicates is true); however if they realize its a clearance item then according to their policy they don't need to price match/beat it but most lkely they won't notice that its on clearance since you have to actually load the product page with the corresponding store pre-selected in order for it to say its clearance. Good luck! Post back with your results here ;)[/QUOTE]

might have some time this weekend or early next week, will definitely let you guys know how it goes, wish me well

Good news guys. Was able to pm the wireless stereo headset for 45.98 at my local future shop. Best buy was willing to do it as well but they were just sold out. Either way, both stores definitely will pm the Calgary prices.

[quote name='toofeht']Good news guys. Was able to pm the wireless stereo headset for 45.98 at my local future shop. Best buy was willing to do it as well but they were just sold out. Either way, both stores definitely will pm the Calgary prices.[/QUOTE]

Yup, the old policy used to have some km range but the new one just required the item be in stock and readily available in Canada. If there is a physical store somewhere in Canada, no shipping charges apply. If it is an online store only if shipping charges exist then they will be added into the competitor price.

Just price matched the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset at Best Buy and I have to say it is a really great headset.

Description says the headset works for Mac, is that just as a headphone or is it the mic, too? Is it just a bluetooth set?

[quote name='Opopanax']Description says the headset works for Mac, is that just as a headphone or is it the mic, too? Is it just a bluetooth set?[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not to sure about this but it might be possible since it connect via a USB Dongle.

[quote name='Opopanax']Description says the headset works for Mac, is that just as a headphone or is it the mic, too? Is it just a bluetooth set?[/QUOTE]

it works as a full headset on mac as well (both headphone and mic)

Was at my local Walmart today and noticed they still had most of these items at their clearance prices. I guess there isn't too many Calgarians down south on here.

Does anyone know a retailer or have a link to King of Fighters XIII [PS3] for $30. It's $30 on PSN. It was $30 on Amazon and Best Buy. Still $50 at Wal-mart. They've had around 5 copies there for over half a year. It's the one that comes with that glorious 4CD package. Anyways... just in case someone somewhere out there had a link I could print.

bread's done
Back