Grab Bags for many systems at gamedealdaily.com for $40 and up + Free Shipping

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
www.gamedealdaily.com has grab bag options to get a random selection of games for Gameboy, Xbox, PSP, Gamecube, PS2, DS, Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. Click on the "Store" link in the site to see all options.

You get about 8 games (depending on system). The prices are $40 to $60 depending on system. They also have a memorabilia bag for $20.

I am curious if anyone tries this and what their results are. This pictures of the random game stock look pretty promising for the price, but something tells me the randomness might result in older stuff that no one wants or can be found in any bargain bin. I doubt you get 8 AAA titles. They do, at least, guarantee only one sports game.

Anyone had any luck with stuff like this?

i would give this a shot, but i have a feeling that with my luck all my games would end up being different versions of guitar hero /=

SOOOO risky. I don't want 8 crappy games! I'm dying to try this out though but the prices are a bit too high for a gamble, I'd be in for 20 bucks.

I soooo want to try this only because I see a demon souls deluxe edition in the middle row on the right. But knowing my luck Ill receive all the games I don't want or already have.

[quote name='apokalypse']or worse...all being different versions of outdated sports games![/QUOTE]

The mix of games you receive will be completely random. We do promise that you'll receive no more than one sports game in your lot of 8 games. We also promise that we won't send you any duplicate games.

Right in the description

[quote name='kyo645']I soooo want to try this only because I see a demon souls deluxe edition in the middle row on the right. But knowing my luck Ill receive all the games I don't want or already have.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't judge this based on the picture. just look at the site and look at their Ps3 games for sale. there's nothing good there

Probably great for Moms and Grandmas, but too risky for savvy CAGs. They guarantee no more than one sports game, and they probably give you one AAA title, but it'll prob be something you already got for free or 10 bucks like Infamous 2. If you expect to get a game like Catherine, you deserve what you get in this bundle.

[quote name='apokalypse']or worse...all being different versions of outdated sports games![/QUOTE]

You will only get 1 sports game per order

I got some good games the last time I did this but $40 is a bit steep.

[quote name='GT']Probably great for Moms and Grandmas, but too risky for savvy CAGs. They guarantee no more than one sports game, and they probably give you one AAA title, but it'll prob be something you already got for free or 10 bucks like Infamous 2. If you expect to get a game like Catherine, you deserve what you get in this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yep

Brilliant :applause:! Someone finally figured out a way to sell videogames using the Diablo/WoW formula. From a business perspective, these guys have my respect if they get at least one person to pounce on this.

I would never partake even though there "could" be something worthwhile. The reality in gambling is the house always wins.

[quote name='Bosamba']Brilliant :applause:! Someone finally figured out a way to sell videogames using the Diablo/WoW formula. From a business perspective, these guys have my respect if they get at least one person to pounce on this.

I would never partake even though there "could" be something worthwhile. The reality in gambling is the house always wins.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, this type of thing works great for charities because at least its for a good cause and you dont feel as bad if you get nothing good. Its a lottery and the majority of people will lose. However, I do hope a few people try this as I am curious to see what they will get :bouncy:.

If they were PC games I might have considered it for the terrible PC simulator games I would have a chance at, but for about $7.50-8 a game, it's not worth it.

3206444754_8a3da0765a.jpg

[quote name='WNYX585AM']www.gamedealdaily.com has grab bag options to get a random selection of games for Gameboy, Xbox, PSP, Gamecube, PS2, DS, Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360. Click on the "Store" link in the site to see all options.

You get about 8 games (depending on system). The prices are $40 to $60 depending on system. They also have a memorabilia bag for $20.

I am curious if anyone tries this and what their results are. This pictures of the random game stock look pretty promising for the price, but something tells me the randomness might result in older stuff that no one wants or can be found in any bargain bin. I doubt you get 8 AAA titles. They do, at least, guarantee only one sports game.

Anyone had any luck with stuff like this?[/QUOTE]

50 bucks for 8 DS games is very high...

my weight loss coach will be one of them
nintendogs
magical starsign
metroid prime

will probally be 4 of them

nowhere worth 25 for those 4 games

Trying to see closer

Punch punch virus
PREY THE STARS
some pokemon games what still wouldnt be worth the risk
quzzle quest
ping pals
mario 3 on 3

temped if it was 30 or 40 yes ... 50 way overpriced

The GBA & DS lots might be rather good, looking at the shelf of stuff. Only problem is the GBA lot will only give you 2 complete w/box games and 8 cart-only (10 games total for $40.

Looking at the 360 inventory, I'd bet that every order will contain a Dead Rising title in it.

I'm VERY interested to hear what people end up getting; if you order any of these, be a good CAG and post the results here.

EDIT: OP, that's some crazy-random dedication you have there.

Here's a pic you can use for your CAG Avatar:
220px-NR-Cast-2.jpg

What would we do without Google?

But in all seriousness, they offered this a few years ago and a vast majority of people got unplayable discs. It is pretty risky. I remember someone got a gamecube grab bag and none worked. I have purchased from this site before and I got a knock off controller from china that was advertised official. I know they buy most stuff overseas and I doubt they check authenticity of any of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']The GBA & DS lots might be rather good, looking at the shelf of stuff. Only problem is the GBA lot will only give you 2 complete w/box games and 8 cart-only (10 games total for $40.

Looking at the 360 inventory, I'd bet that every order will contain a Dead Rising title in it.

I'm VERY interested to hear what people end up getting; if you order any of these, be a good CAG and post the results here.

EDIT: OP, that's some crazy-random dedication you have there.

Here's a pic you can use for your CAG Avatar:
220px-NR-Cast-2.jpg

What would we do without Google?[/QUOTE]

You're one of the few people who notice the meaning. Most people just assume it's a random string of numbers and letters. Thanks for the pic and for being a fellow fan (I assume).

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']But in all seriousness, they offered this a few years ago and a vast majority of people got unplayable discs. It is pretty risky. I remember someone got a gamecube grab bag and none worked. I have purchased from this site before and I got a knock off controller from china that was advertised official. I know they by most stuff overseas and I doubt they check authenticity of any of it.[/QUOTE]

This is the exact feedback I was looking for. Thanks.

I will say that I have heard good things about the site. They have DLC codes for games, etc. that several people (on other forums) said they got and worked fine. I have seen other comments that they received their physical items timely, etc. and in good shape, so perhaps the site is trying to improve. Either way, I still don't want Madden '08 whether it is new, used, or bootleg, so I am wary of the grab bag more for the potential quality disappointment than for the playability of the disks, etc.

$7.50 per game (for the PS3 bundle) is an extremely high price. There are a lot of games that can easily be found for less than that and I have no reason to believe that the majority of games I got would be more expensive than that. The other systems are even worse since they have way more cheap games.

For the $60 for it costs for 8 random PS3 games, why not go to Gamestop during a B2G1 sale and grab 9 random $10 games for $60? For example, you could get 9 of these games for $56 max and at least you aren't getting a useless copy of Madden 07 or Band Hero xxx

Sports Champions $4
Bionic Commando $5
X Blades $7
Damnation $7
Alpha Protocol $8
Brink $8
Duke Nukem Forever $9
MAG $10
Star Wars The Force Unleashed $10
Metal Gear Solid 4 $10
Soul Calibur 4 $10
Dragon Age Origins $10

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']But in all seriousness, they offered this a few years ago and a vast majority of people got unplayable discs. It is pretty risky. I remember someone got a gamecube grab bag and none worked. I have purchased from this site before and I got a knock off controller from china that was advertised official. I know they by most stuff overseas and I doubt they check authenticity of any of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about this feedback on this particular sale. This site used to sell DISC ONLY grab bags, but these listings seem to be for at least completes (maybe not new but with manual and box). There's still a risk here, but I'm thinking that it better than it used to be. I've dealt with them in the past and haven't had any issues buying codes and collectibles they broke out to sell separately from CEs.

[quote name='Coltin']In for 8 copies of the Naked Brothers Band game[/QUOTE]

It's false advertising. They aren't really brothers, and they aren't really naked. So disappointing.

I have way to many games to attempt something like this. Chances are, 6 of 8 games will be something i have already. Perhaps if i could select 1 game from a list that i definitely get and let the rest be random, i would pay $40 for current Gen but not a penny more. This way i know i will get 1 item i will enjoy. This may be good for someone who got a system and just wants something to play without breaking the bank.

Whatever happened to the good Dr. anyways?

I have actually had good luck the GDD. They had that deal a few years ago for 40 games of random quality for something like $20 and I ended up getting about 25 games out of the deal after taking them to GameCrazy to have them resurfaced.

Customer service tended to be a bit slow because, at least back then, it was a small operation. They did always make good on their promises though.

I decided to bite on this one. I looked at their trade in program and they're selective of what they buy from people. I thought it might be a good sign, although I have no idea how long they've been selective and it could be they're just trying to move out the crap in switching over to being more selective.

10 GBA games- $40, and 5 memorabilia items (all new and sealed, they say) - $20

GBA games seemed like the best deal to me. $4/game isn't a terrible risk, albeit still a risk. Especially for two being sealed and new.
I also put in an order for game memorabilia because I love that kind of stuff.

I'll be sure to come back and post what I got, it's condition, etc.

Good luck to anyone else who decides to try it.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']But in all seriousness, they offered this a few years ago and a vast majority of people got unplayable discs. It is pretty risky. I remember someone got a gamecube grab bag and none worked. I have purchased from this site before and I got a knock off controller from china that was advertised official. I know they buy most stuff overseas and I doubt they check authenticity of any of it.[/QUOTE]
Wellp, that's all I needed to hear to make my decision.

[quote name='Pheria']I decided to bite on this one. I looked at their trade in program and they're selective of what they buy from people. I thought it might be a good sign, although I have no idea how long they've been selective and it could be they're just trying to move out the crap in switching over to being more selective.

GBA games seemed like the best deal to me. $4/game isn't a terrible risk, albeit still a risk. Especially for two being sealed and new.

Good luck to anyone else who decides to try it.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I cant wait to see what you get.

I would have actually gambled on the 360 bag until I saw the pictures. Among both pics, I have actually owned most of the individual titles at some point in time.

I did a grab bag for the xbox 360 a while back for 59.99$

I got the following

Jumper: Griffin's story
Nascar 08
Viva pinata
Blue Dragon
Fable 2
Bomberman Zero
Two Worlds
Perfect Dark Zero
Hour of Victory

And Sonic the fucking hedgehog

Never...fucking AGAIN!

[quote name='Pheria']I decided to bite on this one. I looked at their trade in program and they're selective of what they buy from people. I thought it might be a good sign, although I have no idea how long they've been selective and it could be they're just trying to move out the crap in switching over to being more selective.

2 being sealed

Princess Natasha: Student/Secret Agent/Princess
Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Kaznappted

lol

I remember getting one of their PS2 grab bags back in the day. Naked Brothers Band was one of the games I got, lol.

Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the 10 GBA games for $40. I'll probably get some stinkers but I can always give any games I don't want to my niece/nephew. Just hoping I'll get at least 2-3 games I'll enjoy.

Not worth it for me. Out of 8 I'd get 7 I don't want and 1 I already have. For the price they're asking, I can get 2-4 new games I know I want to play.

[quote name='kyo645']I soooo want to try this only because I see a demon souls deluxe edition in the middle row on the right. But knowing my luck Ill receive all the games I don't want or already have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw those, too. But if they really had them, they could sell them for much more individually.

Thinking of getting a 360 or gamecube bag, wouldn't touch the wii one since there are so many shovel wear games on that system.

Please do, I'm actually curious about the memorabilia bag. That seems more interesting to me. Not that I'd ever want to try my luck with it though... I did notice that they had a UK Steel Book for FFXIII-2 which is pretty cool. Their site really needs a search function though...

bread's done
Back