Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE $29 PS3 and Xbox 360 Gamestop

hypertek

CAGiversary!
Hey guys hope this isn't a repost, I didnt see it anywhere, but Gamestop has the final fantasy xiii-2 collector's edition for $29 now

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition/98101
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/final-fantasy-xiii-2-collectors-edition/98100

I went to one gamestop and they still had the old price of $49 on it (and they only had the xbox version).. I went to another gamestop and they had it and was $29.

Been wanting this game, and I think it was a good price for a collector's edition.

Hmm I've been waiting for this to drop AND I have GS credit I'm waiting to spend... but the question is, will it drop any further?

Btw, remember to PM to Amazon!

[quote name='Squarehard']No stores even close to me have it in stock anymore. Sad face. T__T

Also, why did you round down from 99 cents to $29? @_@[/QUOTE]

make sure you call and ask , the site says *Low Stock but stores will still have plenty available.

Yeah The gamestop that actually had it, i called them this morning and the guy told me they didnt have anymore (he had me on hold for a lil while because I could hear him talking to a customer).. I went to another gamestop and they said that place i called had it, so i went there and a female who was working there got it for me.. So that guy on the phone was probably lazy or just didn't look. :bouncy:

Being a collector's edition , you probably have to swoop it up fast. Mine had a few indents on the cover sleeve, but I don't mind.

Its my first collector's edition, so Im not used to the larger size packaging compared to all my standard edition games lol
293088_10151042218468557_594601475_n.jpg

Btw, They got the regular edition for $19 now, and amazon also has it for $19 with free shipping =)
I figured CE would be cool to have.

[quote name='TooPoor']^you joined in 2009 and it's your entire collection....?[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much, minus God of War 1+2 greatest hits which I can't find. Some of these games I picked up because of this forum, others because I was out somewhere and just wanted em. But I been busy with other stuff, and I still buy computer games here and there. Been unemployed since 2009 sadly so my games come slow for me lol

[quote name='Yigytugd']Stores have it!.... 20 miles away from me :([/QUOTE]
20 miles is stopping you? It's only ~$4 gas

I might grab one since *Low Stock* is in the mall right next to where I work . . . but I'm afraid that the price might drop even lower. I mean it has already dropped this far so what's stopping it from dropping lower?

EDIT: If the Gamestop in the mall near my work does in fact have one I guess I'll grab it. I'm sure the guy behind the counter will tell me they don't have it and buy it himself. The jackass did that with a Deus Ex HR Augmented for PS3 that I wanted. Said they didn't have one, bought it himself, and then returned it to the store opened and labeled it "new".

Last edited by a moderator:
Was mentioned in the Cheap & Old Collector's Edition thread last week but worth a thread regardless. They dried up pretty quickly.

[quote name='TooPoor']^you joined in 2009 and it's your entire collection....?[/QUOTE]

That's larger than my PS3 collection. But I buy most games for the 360.

[quote name='Squarehard']But it's 40 miles really considering there and back.[/QUOTE]
I would go buy it, my $4 gas claculation is considering the round trip.

[quote name='TooPoor']I would go buy it, my $4 gas claculation is considering the round trip.[/QUOTE]

It's most likely used (gutted) at this point.

[quote name='Romeo']It's most likely used (gutted) at this point.[/QUOTE]
I have literally no experience buying new from GS, didn't know they would do this for CEs as well:drool:

[quote name='TooPoor']I would go buy it, my $4 gas claculation is considering the round trip.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you drove a Prius. And you from Cali too! Gas is $4+/gallon ever since the Chevron thing, lol. So wouldn't be a $4 round trip even with a Prius though, XD

[quote name='TooPoor']I have literally no experience buying new from GS, didn't know they would do this for CEs as well:drool:[/QUOTE]

A buddy of mine saw a Deus Ex HR Augmented for PS3 at a Gamestop for $20 Brand New Sealed but didn't buy it(he's an idiot). He told me about it after they closed for the night. I went there the next day and asked to buy it. The jackass behind the counter started acting shifty, typed on a few keys on his keyboard, and then said they hadn't had one in stock for MONTHS. Thinking my idiot friend saw wrong I left.

Went back there with a him a few days later and guess what . . . PS3 Deus Ex HR Augmented on the shelf for $30 "New". The artbook was the only thing inside and was visibly flipped through, of course I was able to see this because it was OPEN. "New" my ass.

No DLC codes or Square Enix registration code in sight.

[quote name='Squarehard']Maybe if you drove a Prius. And you from Cali too! Gas is $4+/gallon ever since the Chevron thing, lol. So wouldn't be a $4 round trip even with a Prius though, XD[/QUOTE]

40 miles for me is a quarter of my tank, not worth it. Gas here is $3.34 (if you look in the right places) to $3.65. Not worth driving all around for a game I don't really care to want. Rather get it for $10 during another sale.

[quote name='Squarehard']Maybe if you drove a Prius. And you from Cali too! Gas is $4+/gallon ever since the Chevron thing, lol. So wouldn't be a $4 round trip even with a Prius though, XD[/QUOTE]
A Prius gets around 32 miles per gallon, and i kind of assume most savvy shoppers (like CAGs:cool:) buy gas gift cards at 20% off. But you are right my calculations are a bit off, I was thinking about $3.9 per gallon few weeks ago, today is $4.1 I noticed on my way back from work.

I am seriously considering a electric vehicle for my next car, deal hunting costs would be much cheaper!

[quote name='TooPoor']A Prius gets around 32 miles per gallon, and i kind of assume most savvy shoppers (like CAGs:cool:) buy gas gift cards at 20% off. But you are right my calculations are a bit off, I was thinking about $3.9 per gallon few weeks ago, today is $4.1 I noticed on my way back from work.

I am seriously considering a electric vehicle for my next car, deal hunting costs would be much cheaper![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that Chevron thing really screwed everything up, lol. ~_~

Saw this back during the GameStock sale Gamestop had a few weeks ago. Was going to buy it, but looked gutted. Plus it had like 3 different stickers on it. I probably won't get around to playing it anytime soon either, so I skipped on it.

no my CE was wrapped in plastic with the original price tag saying $79. I opened it though because I plan to play it, but got a backlog of games as well.

[quote name='hypertek']no my CE was wrapped in plastic with the original price tag saying $79. I opened it though because I plan to play it, but got a backlog of games as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was referring to your CE specifically, but Gamestop CE's in general. There's a high chance if you can find it in a store it will be gutted with GS.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I picked mine up at BBY I had to get them to PM at GS ofcourse[/QUOTE]

I would do that since I'd rather give BB my money rather than GS, but my BB only has a regular copy with the Novella and a regular copy without the Novella. No CE's :(

[quote name='hypertek']Yeah The gamestop that actually had it, i called them this morning and the guy told me they didnt have anymore (he had me on hold for a lil while because I could hear him talking to a customer).. I went to another gamestop and they said that place i called had it, so i went there and a female who was working there got it for me.. So that guy on the phone was probably lazy or just didn't look. :bouncy:

Being a collector's edition , you probably have to swoop it up fast. Mine had a few indents on the cover sleeve, but I don't mind.

Its my first collector's edition, so Im not used to the larger size packaging compared to all my standard edition games lol
293088_10151042218468557_594601475_n.jpg

Btw, They got the regular edition for $19 now, and amazon also has it for $19 with free shipping =)
I figured CE would be cool to have.[/QUOTE]

i feel sad how i just got my ps3 almost 2 months ago and already i have as much games as you T^T

[quote name='.Virus']i feel sad how i just got my ps3 almost 2 months ago and already i have as much games as you T^T[/QUOTE]
Not really saying much. I've had my PS3 for four years now and only have 34 games. Quality over quantity.

And only 6 games on 360; what a waste of money that was for a handful of good exclusives. :(

[quote name='TooPoor']A Prius gets around 32 miles per gallon, and i kind of assume most savvy shoppers (like CAGs:cool:) buy gas gift cards at 20% off. But you are right my calculations are a bit off, I was thinking about $3.9 per gallon few weeks ago, today is $4.1 I noticed on my way back from work.

I am seriously considering a electric vehicle for my next car, deal hunting costs would be much cheaper![/QUOTE]
Where do you get gas gift cards at 20% off?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Where do you get gas gift cards at 20% off?[/QUOTE]
A lot of cash back rewards site lets you buy 20% off gift cards. I use shopper discounts and rewards, where you can buy mobil gift cards, GameStop gift cards and subway gift cards for 20% off. And some other restaurants etc. the catch is you can only buy 4 per month. It's a paid membership but there are ways to knock it down to $4 per month. My wife buys tons of cosmetics from drugstore.com and they provide 10% cashback there. It used to be 10% for buy.com, GameStop and 5% for bb, apple and newegg. But they nuked the rates last month so I am considering to switch to upromise.

[quote name='TooPoor']I have literally no experience buying new from GS, didn't know they would do this for CEs as well:drool:[/QUOTE]

They absolutely do not gut CEs.

They do not gut CEs.

[quote name='Survivalism']They do not gut CEs.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, they do. If they're out of regular copies of the game, they'll open up a CE to have a display box.

Also stuff like Agarest War 2 and games that are ONLY CE's also get opened and displayed on the floor.

You couldn't be any more wrong.

[quote name='Byakurai']Oh yes, they do. If they're out of regular copies of the game, they'll open up a CE to have a display box.

Also stuff like Agarest War 2 and games that are ONLY CE's also get opened and displayed on the floor.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If a store gets only one copy of any LE, it gets gutted. I've been through hell and back trying to get some CEs at GameStop that are new.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']So, is the CE really worth 30? Is the soundtrack decent? Does it stack up to the quality music of the other games?[/QUOTE]
Some of the music is recycled from XIII and was pretty much more of the same. None of it was very memorable, so I can't say it was good or bad TBH. It's the full soundtrack as well, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're getting that for less than an import would cost on top of the game itself. The game is also better than XIII was but still not quite up to FF standards.

[quote name='Survivalism']They absolutely do not gut CEs.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm?

Or I certainly hope it is...=\

I think it's YMMV but I can believe both. My area GS's don't gut CEs in general. The only gutted ones I saw recently was the Castlevania Judgement(?) that was part of last year's "summer?" sale. Forgot what they called it before "gamestock".

I wont be surprised if some people bought "new" games and the employee grabbing the same game disc from the used drawer. lol

I gave disc 1 of the soundtrack a quick listen last night on my laptop, sounds pretty nice. Not something you would play at the gym for sure, but if your just chilling/hanging out its not bad.

This CE is only $10 more than the standard game, and I think alot better than the newer packaged game with the book .

kq8tl.jpg

None of my Gamestops ever have any CEs leftover. I'm sure they would just be gutted even if they did, but I would love the chance to at least try to get one someday! haha

bread's done
Back