- - - - -

The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

#7621 Genocidal   Summer of Punk CAGiversary!   4845 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition is $29.25 for preorder at GMG using voucher code GMG35-FGR37-COY0B. Requires Steam.

http://www.greenmang...tman absolution
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7622 Junpei   Think big. Start small. Move fast. CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

I still have some Steam discount coupons from the Autumn Seal slot machine, so if you still haven't got what you were looking for (read this in your best Bono voice)... well, there you go!
(quote to reveal)

-75% Trine Complete Collection

-50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition

-50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare

-75% Rochard

Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#7623 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   17674 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Okay, so I've spent like 2 hours playing Yeti Hunter today, and after those 2 hours I'm left begging the question "wtf?". Yeah, I get it's free, and seems pretty low-key, but holy crap the potential that this game has is incredible. Maybe it's just me, but this game hits all of the main points of what makes a great thriller/suspense game. It has the atmosphere, it has the edginess, but I do have a couple of big complaints with it.

Review, I guess:

Spoiler

TL;DR: Yeti Hunter is what I would call a casual game that does 2 things very well: atmosphere and thrill. Get it here. ;)

Well you just sold me on it. For free..lol DLing now.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming Events:

Week of September 19th: DOOM w/ special guest bro MysterD, The Crew, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies

Week of September 26th: Brutal Legend, Halo 5, MX v. ATV Reflex/Gas Guzzlers Extreme

#7624 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

I still have some Steam discount coupons from the Autumn Seal slot machine, so if you still haven't got what you were looking for (read this in your best Bono voice)... well, there you go!
(quote to reveal)

Thank you very much. I took the Trine 75% off :)

#7625 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

-50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam discount coupon

Key: X2EF0-W95DD-50DGP
Posted Image

#7626 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I've now entered my third or fourth code for 75% off of Trine 2 and I still can't get any damn discount to show up.
Posted Image

#7627 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Daily deal is DCS Blackshark for 150% off, costing you a cool -$10.01.

#7628 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Bought 15, i"m ready for the holiday sale now on Steams dime!

#7629 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

That's quite a deal.

Can you imagine how sweet the deal is in Russia and The Ukraine though? Gotta be 250% off over there.

#7630 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Bought 15, i"m ready for the holiday sale now on Steams dime!

I'm looking to buy a copy for -$5. ^_~

#7631 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Apparently Steam decided this deal wasn't valid and has now made it 75% off, $4.99. With these pricing tactics I may have to switch to Origin for my backlogging needs.

Edit: I just talked to my son's cousin's dad's sister's husband, who took a business law class in college 10 years ago, and he said this is bait and switch pricing or something. I can probably recover large sums of money since I intended to buy thousands of copies for starving kids across the world.

Edited by Preedatore, 16 November 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#7632 jscme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

(quote to reveal)

-50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition

-50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare

-75% Rochard

Thanks. I took Rochard.

#7633 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

OK, serious question: has anybody actually gotten the 75% off of Trine 2 coupon to work?

-50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon
Key: W2CG9-BALGQ-MM3CJ

Key: 55LV6-V3EZH-BDPDQ

-50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon
Key: 97RQK-96K99-GA00A
Posted Image

#7634 Junpei   Think big. Start small. Move fast. CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

I've now entered my third or fourth code for 75% off of Trine 2 and I still can't get any damn discount to show up.

That was also the case for me, until I saw a new message alerting of a coupon added to my inventory, and I was able to check and use the coupon only after reading said message.

Dunno if that was a coincidence, but it may be worth checking your Steam account inbox first...

#7635 Dr Sasquatch   Trivial Hirsute CAGiversary!   1560 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Dr Sasquatch

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

OK, serious question: has anybody actually gotten the 75% off of Trine 2 coupon to work?

-50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon
Key: W2CG9-BALGQ-MM3CJ

Key: 55LV6-V3EZH-BDPDQ

Key: 97RQK-96K99-GA00A

Thanks! I took Grimrock.

And if you are making a list of people who could not get the Trine 2 coupon to work, you can add me to it.

#7636 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

This is a 75% Trine 2 coupon from the SummerSeal. Somebody check if it works. If so, I think I have another couple of them.

KA2JP-EF7JC-3BGAK

If you get a coupon, it should be valid until January 16th. Though it specifically says that it doesn't stack with other promos. So no getting Trine 2 for a buck.

#7637 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   17674 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

This is a 75% Trine 2 coupon from the SummerSeal. Somebody check if it works. If so, I think I have another couple of them.

KA2JP-EF7JC-3BGAK

If you get a coupon, it should be valid until January 16th. Though it specifically says that it doesn't stack with other promos. So no getting Trine 2 for a buck.

Yep, it worked. Aren't these things tradeable? Couldn't you just activate them to your account and trade them to anyone that wanted one?

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

Upcoming Events:

Week of September 19th: DOOM w/ special guest bro MysterD, The Crew, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies

Week of September 26th: Brutal Legend, Halo 5, MX v. ATV Reflex/Gas Guzzlers Extreme

#7638 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5585 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Yup, they're tradable. But I figure that it's probably just easier to hand out the codes. That way people can just redeem them themselves and I don't have to go to the trouble of adding people to my friends list and trading it to them.

I'm gonna go check what else i have left over from the Summer Seal.

#7639 Umair56   CHINA DON'T CARE CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Does the Steam version of BlackShark upgrade to Blackshark 2?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#7640 Daviddenton3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Daviddenton3

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Semi-deal for Hero Academy enthusiasts...
Steam has Hero Academy and all teams (but the new Shaolin) on sale for half off. This is kewl because any content bought for one platform becomes available for the other.
Buying individual character packs gets you the new team and 17 avatars (3 seperate purchases in the app) and you net some TF2 hats for your troubles.

$8.50 steam purchase for gold pack gets the 4 available teams (each with 17 avatars), the Team Fortress 2 team you only get if you buy the steam version, and the uniform color pack.
All together this would cost about $5 for all teams (no option to buy TF2 team). $8 for all the avatars and another $1 for more uniform colors.
$14 for almost everything on iOS or $8.50 for everything on iOS and Steam and some TF2 hats to boot.
I know i'm getting this, just figured i'd let others in on my logic in case they like the idea

#7641 SkullTheTroll   Virtual Adventurer CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

SkullTheTroll

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

What games are people choosing from the current Build-A-Bundle on Groupees? I'll probably grab Velvet Assassin but I'm not sure what else.

I grabbed Velvet Assassin, Qasir, and Vitrum

#7642 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9274 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Steam has Hero Academy and all teams (but the new Shaolin) on sale for half off. This is kewl because any content bought for one platform becomes available for the other.
Buying individual character packs gets you the new team and 17 avatars (3 seperate purchases in the app) and you net some TF2 hats for your troubles.

$8.50 steam purchase for gold pack gets the 4 available teams (each with 17 avatars), the Team Fortress 2 team you only get if you buy the steam version, and the uniform color pack.
All together this would cost about $5 for all teams (no option to buy TF2 team). $8 for all the avatars and another $1 for more uniform colors.
$14 for almost everything on iOS or $8.50 for everything on iOS and Steam and some TF2 hats to boot.
I know i'm getting this, just figured i'd let others in on my logic in case they like the idea

Waiting for an even steeper sale myself. Yes, I'm that cheap. It's certainly more geared for iOS as something you casually play and make a move every few hours (days?).

#7643 UnicornBang   Go Lions CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

UnicornBang

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Okay, so I've spent like 2 hours playing Yeti Hunter today, and after those 2 hours I'm left begging the question "wtf?". Yeah, I get it's free, and seems pretty low-key, but holy crap the potential that this game has is incredible. Maybe it's just me, but this game hits all of the main points of what makes a great thriller/suspense game. It has the atmosphere, it has the edginess, but I do have a couple of big complaints with it.

Review, I guess:

Spoiler

TL;DR: Yeti Hunter is what I would call a casual game that does 2 things very well: atmosphere and thrill. Get it here. ;)

So it is impossible to kill him?

#7644 Flowette   Level 112 Tea Drinking Royalty CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Review, I guess:

Spoiler

You dick, Severose!

I'm away for the weekend with family and all I wanna do is play Yeti Hunter :D

#7645 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Key: 2P7XZ-EK6HM-EZMV9

Key: 0W0MX-4NYPW-8KR8M
Posted Image

#7646 Mike UFC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Caveat: People who have recently bought it are not getting their TF2 hats.

#7647 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2539 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Cogs Code: Quote to see

#7648 NvaderJim   Game Ninja CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Cogs Code: Quote to see

How does this work?:whee:

#7649 mrsilkunderwear   Just Do It. CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

mrsilkunderwear

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

How does this work?:whee:

Black Magic

#7650 Psychor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Damn. Looks like I already own it. :-s