Humble Bundle for Android 3 - Bonus 8/22: World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, EDGE

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Pay what you want for:
  • Uplink (Android version is tablet only)
  • BIT.TRIP.BEAT
  • Spacechem (Android version is tablet only)
  • FieldRunners

Beat the Average to get:
  • Spirits
  • Anomaly: Warzone Earth*
  • EDGE*
  • Osmos*
  • World of Goo*
*If you purchased the bundle prior to August 22 at 10 AM PST you get these games regardless of whether or not you beat the average.

You must pay at least $1 to get Steam keys. There's one single Steam key to unlock all Pay What You Want games, one for Spirits, and one for the bonus (*) games.

Soundtracks are available for all games. In addition to Steam you can download the games DRM-free on PC, Mac, and Linux.

You can choose how your money is split up between the developers, the Humble people, and the listed charities by using sliders in the payment area.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']Interestingly, it launched with 18 bundles already sold. Which drove the average price up to $8.17 at launch.[/QUOTE]

Hrmmmm maybe if the average drops but I doubt I'm buying

I noticed that, as well, but the question is: Should we be suspicious of the Humble Bundle guys?

For what they offer, I'm not too concerned if they take some extra steps to make sure the beginning average keeps people from donating little and getting the bonus title.

The lowest I've seen it hit so far is around $5.68. It's been up and down over $5.75 right now. I went in at $6 when it was over $5.80ish to BTA. But it doesn't seem it'll get much lower than ~$5.75 for BTA. $6 is probably going to be a good bet of the lower side of the BTA price.

[quote name='The End']Interestingly, it launched with 18 bundles already sold. Which drove the average price up to $8.17 at launch.[/QUOTE]
This. I've also described the HB launch in steam thread. Exactly 18 purchases. Uncool.

[quote name='poxi']This. I've also described the launch in steam thread. Exactly 18 purchases.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this with previous bundles as well. I wouldn't care if they just came out and said, "We're going to set the average at $10 when bundles begin." instead of slipping in purchases before the public has a crack at it.

Got a iphone, so don't really care about the Android copies at all, plus the lone game I don't have doesn't seem that interesting.

Pass. I got Fieldrunners for ten cents and have the others on Steam already. I wish they'd put some games I'd actually want like Elder Signs, Death Worm or a number of the Kairosoft games.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Pass. I got Fieldrunners for ten cents and have the others on Steam already. I wish they'd put some games I'd actually want like Elder Signs, Death Worm or a number of the Kairosoft games.[/QUOTE]

The tricky thing about these is the games have to be multi-platform. There aren't a ton of developers out there that have, or are willing to spend the time porting, games for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Android. Kairosoft would be nice as they already put some of their games on PC, but I don't think they've ever localized any of them for English speaking people.

Hmmmm, at over five bucks I'd rather have Indie Royale than this... hopefully it drops though, but I suspect most people are like me and want Spirits the most out of all those games.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmmm, at over five bucks I'd rather have Indie Royale than this... hopefully it drops though, but I suspect most people are like me and want Spirits the most out of all those games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just want Spirits & Fieldrunners. I'm gonna throw in for a buck right now, and if Spirits hasn't launched on steam in a couple of months, I'll come back and increase my donation to get the key for Spirits. If it does launch on steam, I'll probably just wait for it to go on sale.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmmm, at over five bucks I'd rather have Indie Royale than this... hopefully it drops though, but I suspect most people are like me and want Spirits the most out of all those games.[/QUOTE]

I bought it against my better judgement. I loved field runners on my iPhone, I own bIt trip beat and uplink, didn't have space chem and wanted spirits. Hopefully the additional game they add later is decent.

No interest in Spirits and I already own most of the other games. Might toss in $1 later to put a 'reserve' in for the bonus content. The BTA starts so high because Humble has their core followers that get in early with big donations. Expect it to surge a bit higher after the 'Bronies' get wind of it and put in their customary $1,000+

Hrm. Not sure there's much for me in this bundle. Would love (and hate) SpaceChem on my phone, but I don't know if it'll run on my phone (D/Ling the demo now to check.) Bit Trip and Field Runners would be nice to have, but... *shrug* I don't know. We'll see.

[quote name='JayMan8081']Does Spirits include a Steam key if you BTA?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've activated my key, it shows up in my library, and has an option for me to install it (I haven't installed it yet).

Looking at Spirits more in depth it seems like Your Doodles Are Bugged or a similar game, just with more physics elements in place. The spirits look more like mushrooms...

I already have everything but Spirits, which does not interest me, and Fieldrunners, which looks like fun but not enough to make me click the purchase button.

Is Spirits worth BTA honestly? Or will they add bonuses in a week later like a key for previous bundles like they have in the past.

This seems very "meh" for a Humble Bundle.

[quote name='BrolyB593']The price has not been dropping much. What is the cheapest you guys think it will be at?[/QUOTE]

It never dropped below the $5.60 range, so around $6 is going to be a pretty good bet. Usually the average doesn't drop after the first day it seems.

[quote name='BrolyB593']The price has not been dropping much. What is the cheapest you guys think it will be at?[/QUOTE]

If you can get it under $6 I'd just go ahead and pull the trigger.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Is Spirits worth BTA honestly? Or will they add bonuses in a week later like a key for previous bundles like they have in the past.

This seems very "meh" for a Humble Bundle.[/QUOTE]

They will almost certaintly do at least one game as a bonus but who knows what it will be.

However as long as you buy the bundle at any amount prior to the bonus, you will get the bonus. You don't need to BTA to get it.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Is Spirits worth BTA honestly? Or will they add bonuses in a week later like a key for previous bundles like they have in the past.

This seems very "meh" for a Humble Bundle.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I hope the add a key to the previous android bundles, I didn't have an android phone when they were released so it would be cool for me.

I just got a Nexus 7, so I decided to buy this bundle. I'm pretty happy with it because I've never played Android games before.

On a side note, how do you guys keep up with Android deals? I've never really seen many threads about it on CAG, so I'm wondering how I should be paying attention to what deals are happening on the Android marketplace.

Also, I have $25 Google Play to burn; what games should I try?

Thanks in advance, and sorry to derail the thread. I just figure there's no point in making a new one.

Honestly I didn't like Bit Trip Beat that much on the computer with mouse controls so I doubt I would like it much on tablet. Spacechem and Uplink both look like stuff I would prefer on PC. So this would be field runners and spirits to me and neither is worth $6 bucks to me considering I haven't paid more than .99 cents for any game on android to date.

[quote name='randomevent']I just got a Nexus 7, so I decided to buy this bundle. I'm pretty happy with it because I've never played Android games before.

On a side note, how do you guys keep up with Android deals? I've never really seen many threads about it on CAG, so I'm wondering how I should be paying attention to what deals are happening on the Android marketplace.

Thanks in advance, and sorry to derail the thread. I just figure there's no point in making a new one.[/QUOTE]

They have a lot of crap most of the time, but give out good games on occasion.

After that just keep an eye out on any Google Play store or Amazon sales.

Those are the two places I buy my games. Play has sales where you get games for .10 cents, .25 cents, or .99 cents at most (though I know this was around launch) so your best bet is to wait and see on those.

You can make $25 in Play credit last a long long time if you are patient.

[quote name='Motoki']They will almost certaintly do at least one game as a bonus but who knows what it will be.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it will be something else from Introversion. It's not always the case, but they frequently seem to have the bonus game be something from one of the developers in the bundle.

[quote name='randomevent']

Thanks in advance, and sorry to derail the thread. I just figure there's no point in making a new one.[/QUOTE]

*Edit: Ninja'ed by the Fox.

Amazon has a new free app every day. A lot of them are meh but once in a while there is a decent one so I check there every day (it rolls over at midnight-ish PST).

Google doesn't do big promotions very often but when there were some I remember there being threads about it here, like the 10 cent sale back in December.

Also a bunch of indie developers a few months back went and did a 'Because We May' sale across all platforms that included Android.

I just kind of look here and there. Google usually highlights stuff on their front page if they have a sale and sometimes sends emails out. Amazon does the same too, or at least the front page of their Android app section.

Bought for $1, expected the average price to be high from the start so I knew I wouldn't be beating the average. The BTA prices are always high for the Humble Android Bundles for some reason. If Spirits is eventually available to purchase on Steam, it's probably best to buy it at 75% off if all your after is a Steam copy.. would be cheaper than beating the average.

Threw in my $1. I regret not picking up the previous bundle, would have liked Avernum at least. Probably won't actually play any of these, but at least SpaceChem will be available if I ever get a tablet. (Already have most of them on Steam regardless.)

[quote name='The End']My guess is that it will be something else from Introversion. It's not always the case, but they frequently seem to have the bonus game be something from one of the developers in the bundle.[/QUOTE]That's a good guess but a quick look at the Play store reveals that Introversion doesn't have any other games for Android except Uplink, so unless they will be debuting a new game this seems rather unlikely.

Oh yeah, the games have to be available on Android, don't they? I don't know how I managed to overlook that part, but somehow I did.

[quote name='The End']Oh yeah, the games have to be available on Android, don't they? I don't know how I managed to overlook that part, but somehow I did.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. They have been working with the developers to do ports and some games, like Spirits, make their Android debut in a Humble Bundle. There have been others too like Avadon and Snuggle/Smuggle Truck.

Purchasing Humble Bundle regardless of content or merit.

It's the best bundle out there with the best web site and best design. This bundle is not the strongest, but still better than 90% of the bundles out there. And they often add a game or two later on. If they don't, no big deal.

It's a good way to donate to EFF. Sorry cancer kids, but I don't care if you guys play video games or not. There's plenty of good stuff on TV and that's free to watch. I'll donate to cancer research, not cancer video games.

Love that Humble Bundle.

[quote name='vherub']any sites with more info on spirits?[/QUOTE]
I kinda liked this review. But lots are available.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Is Spirits worth BTA honestly? Or will they add bonuses in a week later like a key for previous bundles like they have in the past. This seems very "meh" for a Humble Bundle.[/QUOTE]
Personally no (also given that I can probably pick it up later for less than the BTA increase). Other people feel differently.

[quote name='Motoki']Amazon has a new free app every day. A lot of them are meh but once in a while there is a decent one so I check there every day (it rolls over at midnight-ish PST).

Google doesn't do big promotions very often but when there were some I remember there being threads about it here, like the 10 cent sale back in December.

Also a bunch of indie developers a few months back went and did a 'Because We May' sale across all platforms that included Android.

I just kind of look here and there. Google usually highlights stuff on their front page if they have a sale and sometimes sends emails out. Amazon does the same too, or at least the front page of their Android app section.[/QUOTE]
/agree on the Amazon FOTD... though sifting through long steaks of "pocket lint seems more attractive" gets tedious. Though I have picked up all the major office apps, PDF apps, and some good games (e.g. Cut the Rope) and other apps from them for free.

Google has a 10-day steam like sale in December that was pretty good, picked up a handful of better titles (like Sprinkle) for $0.10, GTA3 for $1.

"Because we may" was weaksauce.

[quote name='Motoki']Not necessarily. They have been working with the developers to do ports and some games, like Spirits, make their Android debut in a Humble Bundle. There have been others too like Avadon and Snuggle/Smuggle Truck.[/QUOTE]

Often the Wolfire guys seem to put effort into helping others with cross platform ports. This was highlighted by the Binding of Issac delveloper responding to, "when is the DLC going to be released for linux?" Apparently the HIB guys ported it to linux for him, he didn't seem to have (bothered?) to pickup the build files, so no (official) Issac DLC for linux.

bread's done
Back