Free GREED: Black Border (PC) @ GMG + 20% discount voucher

JoJoBlue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Green Man Gaming is giving away a free game again. This time, it's GREED: Black Border. I have never heard of it before, but it's free and it's likely you will be able to trade it in for credits later.

Deal goes to 1100 UTC August 16, which is 6AM EST/3AM PST. They will also send out a discount code for 20% off any one (digital) game in their store.

Edit: According to the USA side, there's a 20% off voucher
PCGMR-GREEN-SUMMR

They have Borderlands 2 for $49.99 which comes down to $40.00 with the voucher. This game runs on Steam, so no Capsule/trade-ins.

Edit2: I think maybe the code was changed to
DERHE-RRDER-RINGE

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/

For those that don't know about Green Man Gaming, here's a bit of stuff you might want to know about them. They sell DDL games similar to Steam, GoG, Impulse, GamersGate, etc. They use a client called Capsule for a lot of their games.

Here are a few reasons why you might want to use them:
- Trade-in: You can trade in many games you own on GMG for credits (exclusions are usually games that don't use Capsule, such as codes redeemed on Steam, Origin, Guild Wars 2, etc.).
- Free games: They give out a lot. Most don't interest me (exceptions so far are Beyond Divinity and Disciples II), but most of them can eventually (shortly after the end of the promotion) be traded in for free credit.
- Sales: I'd say they are almost comparable to Steam and GamersGate for their sales. Sometimes they're even better.
- Coupons: They often give out coupons that take off maybe 20-25% for any game in their digital store. I find it very useful for new releases where most places only give maybe 10% or $5 off max.

The thing is, all these discounts stack. So, combining the coupons, sales and trade-in, you can often get things really cheap. Personally, I got Guild Wars 2 from them. It cost me like $33 (no taxes) after discounts and trade-ins. Since GW2 doesn't use Capsule (instead you get a code and redeem it on the GW2 website), it's the exact same thing you would get from any other digital store.

Some disadvantages I guess are Capsule for many of their games and I've noticed some games will go out of stock quite often. There also was something recent where people had trouble having their purchases go through. I think the purpose for Capsule is to allow them to revoke licenses once you do a trade-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of the game either but free is the right price to give it a shot.

bread's done
Back