- - - - -

U-Play $1 Daily Deals: Driver:SF, From Dust, HAWX2, Silent Hunter 5, 8/16-8/19

#151 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm pretty sure the sales tax on these has nothing to do with where you live, because I'm in Hawaii and I got charged it too.

I believe it's Digital River's doing. They also are the payments/shipping company for Capcom's online store, and in addition to crappy packaging and little to no customer support, they also charge sale tax on all items regardless of what state you live in.

Seems like any company can do anything they damn well please when it comes to internet sales tax.

bZ2g3eF.png

#152 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Steam forums were going back and fourth on the 30 day dl. It doesn't seem to apply to Uplay 2.0. This poster figured a way to test the dl window and could dl older games.

http://forums.steamp...85&postcount=66

#153 Icegaryen   Stuart and the Ave CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Are the DLCs for Ass Creed Rev free? The Davinci Disappearance DLC is free for Brotherhood

#154 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

I bought the console a few years ago and it collects dust. The only time I've really used it is to show it to some friends. Even with good bandwidth I feel like I get better quality with a console game and would rather go that route than onlive. It is nice to pick up and play a game anywhere but the chances that I have time to play and the bandwidth to play are rare.

I actually have a new in box second console that I meant to do something with but instead has just sat in its box for a year.

I just read onlive laid off their whole staff today.

#155 nategator   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

There was some debate a few pages back about limit download allowance for these games, has anything been confirmed? There was something about Digital River but is that seperate from Uplay client? I installed Uplay and it simply says you can re-DL games, nothing about limits so I thought it would be like Steam (and everything else as far as I know). I really hope there are no limits because I bought the 1st games already and planned on getting Driver. I should have looked into it more but didn't because of the time limit.

Thanks!

Here is the response I got back from Ubisoft on twitter: https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

Games from the UbiShop webstore have a 30-day download period which can be extended. If it is a Uplay PC game

to your Uplay account, it can be downloaded through the Uplay client without restrictions. Which game?

[I replied that I was getting From Dust and wanted to confirm that once the game hit Uplay I could dl for 2 years]

FD is Uplay-enabled. There is no download window. Say if you get a new PC, all you do is install Uplay, login to the account..

...as many PCs as you like, as long as you use the same account you registered the game to.

The 30-day download window is for non-Uplay-enabled game purchases through the UbiShop website.

[I then asked about the apparent lack of activation limits]

Uplay titles never did have activation limits. There are a couple of exceptions, but nothing serious

So this is what is officially coming from Ubisoft on twitter, which is probably more reliable than your random CSR but obviously not as reliable as if it was in the terms and conditions.

Hope this helps!

#156 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

That's so confusing. They should be more clear that the 30 days do not apply to UPlay enabled games and that they can be redownloaded without limits.

Those idiots are probably losing some sales over that.
steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#157 nategator   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   616 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

That's so confusing. They should be more clear that the 30 days do not apply to UPlay enabled games and that they can be redownloaded without limits.

Those idiots are probably losing some sales over that.

Yeah, I suggested they update the FAQ on their website since this has been a question on the forums/news stories comments. I will say it was nice to have Ubisoft give me Tony-lightning-fast responses to my questions through twitter.

#158 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Here is the response I got back from Ubisoft on twitter: https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport

So this is what is officially coming from Ubisoft on twitter, which is probably more reliable than your random CSR but obviously not as reliable as if it was in the terms and conditions.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I updated the OP.

#159 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20134 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Basically anything Uplay is like Steam... I'm assuming they are going to phase out any non-uplay digital downloads so there should be no confusing in the future.

#160 Needles-Kane  

Needles-Kane

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hope this helps!

Awesome, thank you very much. So both Hawx 2 and Dust show up in the Uplay client so I think I'm in the clear and should be good for Driver. I was a little worried there, I don't rent things nor would support any BS like that- I don't care how much it costs.

#161 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20134 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Awesome, thank you very much. So both Hawx 2 and Dust show up in the Uplay client so I think I'm in the clear and should be good for Driver. I was a little worried there, I don't rent things nor would support any BS like that- I don't care how much it costs.

You wouldn't even rent a happy whore named Nancy?

#162 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Basically anything Uplay is like Steam... I'm assuming they are going to phase out any non-uplay digital downloads so there should be no confusing in the future.

They should just integrate the old Legacy games into their client like Origin does or whatever. Having some games UPlay and some not makes no sense.

Also they really need to stop the bullshit with the limited activation Tages and crap like that like they have on 2070. It's one thing for Steam to have DRM of their own and the publisher's DRM but UPlay is their own publisher store and that game requires it no matter what so there's no need to force extra limiting DRM on people.

I know they yanked the (disc based) DRM out of some of their older stuff so it wouldn't hurt them to put it up on UPlay.

You wouldn't even rent a happy whore named Nancy?

I would rent Nancy, but I prefer to buy her. I only get 7 chances at her though so I need to make sure I get the most from her.
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#163 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20134 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

They should just integrate the old Legacy games into their client like Origin does or whatever. Having some games UPlay and some not makes no sense.

Also they really need to stop the bullshit with the limited activation Tages and crap like that like they have on 2070. It's one thing for Steam to have DRM of their own and the publisher's DRM but UPlay is their own publisher store and that game requires it no matter what so there's no need to force extra limiting DRM on people.

I know they yanked the (disc based) DRM out of some of their older stuff so it wouldn't hurt them to put it up on UPlay.

I would rent Nancy, but I prefer to buy her. I only get 7 chances at her though so I need to make sure I get the most from her.

Well, I'm assuming they are going to stop selling non uplay versions altogether so 30 days to two years after that all of those should dissapear...lol...

#164 loomis1975   Cell Block CAG CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

loomis1975

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Cool, already have the u-play account set up from console games, just another game app on the PC, no big deal. Will get the submarine game for $1 tomorrow and maybe Settlers on Sunday.

#165 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Doesn't Settlers have to always be online ie can't be run in offline mode?
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#166 Golden Lemonz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Golden Lemonz

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Wow, nice deal. Played From Dust at a friend's house and thought it was really cool and Driver always looked fun. Not bad for $2!

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#167 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23344 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

It's terrible about being consistent and picking up what games you own across platforms. If I log into the UPlay website it picks up that I own Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (from Steam) and Assassin's Creed: Revelations (from Onlive) but it doesn't pickup there that I own From Dust (from Steam).

I own BOTH from Steam -- Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.
Maybe I should go reinstall those and see if UPlay notices them!

EDIT:
I also have PoP: Two Thrones from Steam.
Maybe I should install that, too...and see if UPlay picks up on it....

#168 jazyje   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

WTH??? I bought From Dust 14 hours ago, recieved email confirmation 12 hours ago and the game is not showing up in my uPlay account... how can I install it / play it????

#169 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

WTH??? I bought From Dust 14 hours ago, recieved email confirmation 12 hours ago and the game is not showing up in my uPlay account... how can I install it / play it????

Hmm, yesterday was slow for me, but today I got email confirmation and the game in the client as soon as I looked.

Did you buy HAWX yesterday? Have you used uplay for other console games or through steam? Maybe you have conflicting accounts.

#170 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

Does anyone know if Driver San Francisco on uplay is the deluxe edition? I don't wanna pay $1 for it to find out the dlc is $30 lol.

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#171 jazyje   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hmm, yesterday was slow for me, but today I got email confirmation and the game in the client as soon as I looked.

Did you buy HAWX yesterday? Have you used uplay for other console games or through steam? Maybe you have conflicting accounts.

Yes, I did buy Hawx 2 yesterday and it installed correctly on Uplay. I do own Assassin's Creed on Steam... I purchased From Dust and it's nowhere to be found....

#172 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Does anyone know if Driver San Francisco on uplay is the deluxe edition? I don't wanna pay $1 for it to find out the dlc is $30 lol.

It is. The promo page links here:

http://shop.ubi.com/...hemeID.15655600

Which is showing as the Deluxe Edition.
steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#173 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23344 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Is it Sunday yet? :P

#174 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Was about to edit my post, after 5 failed installations of the crapware Uplay, it finally installed, and all that shows up in a search is the Deluxe Edition. I think I'll pick this one up for my son Sunday.

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#175 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Was about to edit my post, after 5 failed installations of the crapware Uplay, it finally installed, and all that shows up in a search is the Deluxe Edition. I think I'll pick this one up for my son Sunday.

How in the world did you manage that? It installed within 2 minutes for me and worked perfectly.

bZ2g3eF.png

#176 Golden Lemonz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Golden Lemonz

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

ugh, From Dust has failed installation like 3 times now.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#177 Trelow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:39 AM

Worked perfectly first time for me. No problems with uplay either, JUST TURN OFF CLOUD SAVES. Learnt my lesson with AssCred2 on that one.
Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#178 actripxl   BITW! CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

actripxl

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

Awesome deals, got Hawx 2, Assassins Creed Revelations, From Dust and will be getting Driver for less than the cost of buying AC:R at Target which I was going to do tomorrow for $18.

51446.png

Can't wait for the next Uncharted and Halo on my next-gen systems!

#179 BoringPat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Awesome deals, got Hawx 2, Assassins Creed Revelations, From Dust and will be getting Driver for less than the cost of buying AC:R at Target which I was going to do tomorrow for $18.

How much was AC: R selling on Ubisoft shop when you bought it? Because from where I am it says 25.99 euro?
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!

#180 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20134 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

How much was AC: R selling on Ubisoft shop when you bought it? Because from where I am it says 25.99 euro?

The DL here in the states is $7.50.