- - - - -

U-Play $1 Daily Deals: Driver:SF, From Dust, HAWX2, Silent Hunter 5, 8/16-8/19

#181 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

How in the world did you manage that? It installed within 2 minutes for me and worked perfectly.

Microsoft Security Essentials kept flagging a dll as a possible rootkit. Had to turn off that to get Uplay to install correctly.

#182 Larce80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

right now AC rev is: Promo Price: $38.97 incl. GST for me
looks like its US only

#183 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Microsoft Security Essentials kept flagging a dll as a possible rootkit. Had to turn off that to get Uplay to install correctly.

Wow, Can't figure out if I agree with Microsoft on this one or if their just pissy that your letting UPlay dick over your system instead of GFWL. ;)

I was real tempted to do this, but I'd rather pay a few dollars extra when they go on sale on Steam again rather than deal with a new client and all the headaches that come with it (yes I've heard some people say that they haven't had any trouble) But the way the UPlay client acted when I installed Assassin's Creed II was enough to turn me off. UPlay works fantastic on PS3 (even though it's not technically a "client" as with PC, and it looks like if the servers died, since you choose whether to connect to them or not, it doesn't seem to affect your ability to play the game at all. Signing up is even completely optional. Even for a $, I'll wait. Can't decide who will win the fight for worst game company EA or Ubi.

#184 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Wow, Can't figure out if I agree with Microsoft on this one or if their just pissy that your letting UPlay dick over your system instead of GFWL. ;)

I was real tempted to do this, but I'd rather pay a few dollars extra when they go on sale on Steam again rather than deal with a new client and all the headaches that come with it (yes I've heard some people say that they haven't had any trouble) But the way the UPlay client acted when I installed Assassin's Creed II was enough to turn me off. UPlay works fantastic on PS3 (even though it's not technically a "client" as with PC, and it looks like if the servers died, since you choose whether to connect to them or not, it doesn't seem to affect your ability to play the game at all. Signing up is even completely optional. Even for a $, I'll wait. Can't decide who will win the fight for worst game company EA or Ubi.

Hmmm damn

#185 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23668 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic - Gold Edition is up at $1 right now. :)

#186 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20289 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic - Gold Edition is up at $1 right now. :)

Thanks, buying it now! Most excited for Driver tomorrow!

#187 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23668 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Thanks, buying it now! Most excited for Driver tomorrow!

Bought my copy (of Silent Hunter 5) too.
And hell yea - I'm so in for Driver: SF. :D

#188 cheaphuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

I wonder if my MSE is busted. Nothing happened during my install.

#189 sleepydumbdude   MASHED POTATOES!! CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

sleepydumbdude

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Nothing happened during my install with Security essentials either. Anyways bought Silent Hunter. Don't know if I'll like the type of game but since its a buck I didn't even feel like researching what it was exactly.

Quick google search shows other people having problems about 2-3 weeks ago but ubi was supposed to have fixed it.
http://www.rockpaper...isoft-pc-games/

#190 UW_Shocks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

I thought if a Ubisoft game requires UPlay, you have to install it regardless of where it's purchased; also applies to STEAM purchases.

#191 walkonshadows   Terminal CAGtosis CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

walkonshadows

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

I thought if a Ubisoft game requires UPlay, you have to install it regardless of where it's purchased; also applies to STEAM purchases.

Well, I reread what I posted thinking I wasn't clear, but I thought I did well. Yes, UPlay installed with ACII on Steam, and I had issues with it acting up, I mentioned how it was completely optional on PS3 and even when used, was a very snappy and pleasant experience on PS3 Vs. the frustration it is on PC.

Edited by walkonshadows, 18 August 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#192 Larce80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

oh cool I could get silent hunter

#193 DirkBelig   The Belligerent One CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Darn. Missed From Dust. Oh well. No biggie. Set a calendar alert for Driver on Sunday, though.

#194 grognard66   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

grognard66

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

I bought From Dust yesterday but it is still not showing up under My Games and I never received an email confirming the order and with download instructions as it indicated at time of purchase. My order does show up under Order History and I verified that Paypal was charged for the game. Anyone else experiencing this?

#195 jazyje   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   262 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I bought From Dust yesterday but it is still not showing up under My Games and I never received an email confirming the order and with download instructions as it indicated at time of purchase. My order does show up under Order History and I verified that Paypal was charged for the game. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I bought it and it is not showing up in my Uplay client -- however, HAWX 2 is there... What gives?

#196 equalsP   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

How do I get CD Keys? Are they stored somewhere in my account like Steam or Origin?

I bought and downloaded ANNO 2070. Tried to play it and it asks for a CD Key. I don't remember getting this anywhere. Did I miss something?

I also tried to lookup my order (www.findmyorder.com) and it said it needs a password to look up an order number (what?) and then I requested the password and it give me this " <PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER>"

What is going on here. I am really turned off so far. Bad taste in my mouth...

#197 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10566 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

My copy of From Dust was available almost immediately. No more than 5-7 minutes after purchase.

#198 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20289 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

How do I get CD Keys? Are they stored somewhere in my account like Steam or Origin?

I bought and downloaded ANNO 2070. Tried to play it and it asks for a CD Key. I don't remember getting this anywhere. Did I miss something?

I also tried to lookup my order (www.findmyorder.com) and it said it needs a password to look up an order number (what?) and then I requested the password and it give me this " <PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER>"

What is going on here. I am really turned off so far. Bad taste in my mouth...

Are you in UPlay? all these games are supposed to be in UPlay and you don't need a key or serial. At least that's how they say UPlay is supposed to work. Have you tried contacting customer service?

My copy of From Dust was available almost immediately. No more than 5-7 minutes after purchase.

Same here with all my games.

#199 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I made some screen shots of my invoice page when my email didn't come immediately. I suggest everyone do this as insurance.

If you're having an issue contact their support and let us know what happens. We're all learning together

#200 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Are you in UPlay? all these games are supposed to be in UPlay and you don't need a key or serial. At least that's how they say UPlay is supposed to work. Have you tried contacting customer service?

Anno 2070 is different. That game is a DRM nightmare. It doesn't just require UPlay it also has Tages with a limit of 3 activations so it still needs the CD key for that.

I know where to find the CD keys in Steam but I honestly have no idea where to look in UPlay. Presumably they should have sent it in the email but I have heard a lot of not so good things about Digital River so who knows?

I wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot pole personally due to all the DRM, which is unfortunate because I like that style of game and really want it.

#201 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23668 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

YES, looks like your UPlay games have a GAME KEY - HAWX2 Deluxe and Silent Hunter 5 had them for me.
Make sure you keep the email invoice you received w/ your ORDER NUMBER.
You'll need to hop on the Findmyorder.com link there w/ your order #; type in your order #; and your UPlay password.
It should give your order # AND your game key.
Might wanna print that or write it down somewhere or something.

Edited by MysterD, 18 August 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#202 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20289 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Anno 2070 is different. That game is a DRM nightmare. It doesn't just require UPlay it also has Tages with a limit of 3 activations so it still needs the CD key for that.

I know where to find the CD keys in Steam but I honestly have no idea where to look in UPlay. Presumably they should have sent it in the email but I have heard a lot of not so good things about Digital River so who knows?

I wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot pole personally due to all the DRM, which is unfortunate because I like that style of game and really want it.

YES, looks like your UPlay games have a GAME KEY - HAWX2 Deluxe and Silent Hunter 5 had them for me.
Make sure you keep the email invoice you received w/ your ORDER NUMBER.
You'll need to hop on the Findmyorder.com link there w/ your order #; type in your order #; and your UPlay password.
It should give your order # AND your game key.
Might wanna print that or write it down somewhere or something.

Thanks for the info. Pulled my keys for all three games and saved them. Was able to use the findmyorder site easily. So I assume the video said no keys or serials but what they mean is the program should theoretically take care of that for you. I see that is not the case with Anno 2070. That really sucks for whoever bought it and can't access their order.

#203 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

So what the heck do you enter on that Digital River order retrieval page for last 5 digits of credit card used if you did Paypal and it came out of your bank account? (tried the last 5 of my bank acct # for the hell of it even though Paypal shouldn't be sharing that info but it didn't work)

Also, when I requested a password for my order # it sent back and email saying it was:

"<PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER>"

#204 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20289 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

So what the heck do you enter on that Digital River order retrieval page for last 5 digits of credit card used if you did Paypal and it came out of your bank account? (tried the last 5 of my bank acct # for the hell of it even though Paypal shouldn't be sharing that info but it didn't work)

Also, when I requested a password for my order # it sent back and email saying it was:

"<PASSWORD_BASED_ON_ORDER>"

I used paypal too so I just used my order number and the password I use to log into uplay. That didn't work for you?

#205 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

I used paypal too so I just used my order number and the password I use to log into uplay. That didn't work for you?

Actually, that worked. For some reason I wasn't thinking that Digital River would use my UPlay password. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. The email they sent could have been more clear on that point.

The funny thing is that page it takes me to with the key also says "Serial Key: Your activation key will be delivered in your Order Confirmation email" but I checked and double checked and it wasn't in any email they sent me.

#206 equalsP   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   42 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Actually, that worked. For some reason I wasn't thinking that Digital River would use my UPlay password. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. The email they sent could have been more clear on that point.

The funny thing is that page it takes me to with the key also says "Serial Key: Your activation key will be delivered in your Order Confirmation email" but I checked and double checked and it wasn't in any email they sent me.

Yeah, same here. I didn't think they would use the same password since its a different service (maybe, IDK). Wish it were somewhere more permanent. I feel like I will need the key in the future and not have any of these things again. Wish they tag it on the game like Steam/Origin... Hopefully they will? IDK.

I foundmyorder and got the key. Wish it was in the email like they said.

#207 UW_Shocks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   871 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Another way of finding your order and game info is to go into the UPlay client, go into the "Shop" and click on "Help". Then click "My Order Information"
I saw all my purchases with game keys there

**EDIT**
Any recommendations on Today's $1 deal? Silent Hunter Submarine game...

Thanks!

Edited by UW_Shocks, 18 August 2012 - 07:52 PM.
added daily deal question

#208 Trelow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Digital River handles payment for several different online stores. Payments go through Luxembourg, so there is a good chance of them being flagged by your bank. I know my bank has halted all non-pre-authorized international transactions since mid last week. Apparently there be some stuff going down in a higher volume currently than normal.

#209 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1939 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Any recommendations on Today's $1 deal? Silent Hunter Submarine game...

Thanks!

You mean beyond the universally accepted opinion that any game that isn't terribly, fundementally broken has got to be worth a buck?

#210 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

You mean beyond the universally accepted opinion that any game that isn't terribly, fundementally broken has got to be worth a buck?

Apart from it being the first submarine game I've played since Hunter for the Red October (1989, Apple ][)? ...okay I do vaguely recall a depth charge game on Palm III, but that's not the same.